December 27, 2013

A JACKED UP BACK EQUALS A BACK-UP, JACK.

APPARENTLY Tony Romo had back surgery Friday morning. This goes back to what I said before about this being a ploy by the Cowpies. You don't just have surgery, you have to discuss it, schedule it, and fast for it. All that gas about the epidural being used to see if he could play, (with a condition that was ALWAYS going to eventually require surgery), was just that. Gas.

This whole week was just about trying to unbalance the EAGLES mentally. Whether it worked or not is yet to be seen, since today is two days from game day before this surgery news broke. Film breakdown, game plan installation (based on that film) both happened already, players have already had at least one walk-thru of what they discussed in the meetings. The question is, on whom was that film based? 

I'm guessing we'll be force fed a healthy portion of DeMarco Murray. I also wouldn't be surprised to see TE Gavin Esobar show up quite a bit Sunday. He's a second team player, so back-up Kyle Orton will likely have a comfortable report with him from working with him in practices. 

We did a good job last week with Chicago's WR's because they both spent a lot of time being doubled. That can't happen this week as Jason Witten is an integral part of the Cowpie passing attack; and they know that even in the best of situations we can be had down the middle. Also unlike Chicago, Dallas will not inexplicably abandon their run game. 

We're going to have to work harder for this one than many would like to think; but at least now there are no more distractions. 

4 Comments:
  • We need to establish the run. Orton is a veteran so I don't see him getting rattled. I still like the Cowboys in this one.
  • I think it's going to actually be a game.

What get's me is that so many of my fellow EAGLES fans think it'll be a blowout now that "Choke Artist" Romo is gone. Well if Romo is so bad, why are our chances BETTER with him out?

This team is too young to just call wins. Especially when an opponent has so much at stake.
  • The 61/2 points the Eagles are given looks like a suckers bet on Cowboys. Had the Cowboys been getting 3 or less I would go w/boyz. I like Eagles pulling away in 4th qtr . Final Eagles 30 cowboys 14. the cowboys just dont provide any playoff excitement.
  • It almost seems like I wrote the Cowboys game plan.

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.