June 15, 2013

according to one BIRD "flip off"

I guess from now on I will blame coach Chip Kelly of the following...

If My cat runs away again?

If Oregon loses NE MO games in any sport?

If it starts to rain in the Willamette valley?

If my electric bill is high?

If My TV channel changes NE MO Tv show time slots?

If the grocery store runs out of my favorite food?? 

If I cant have it MY WAY....

8 Comments:
  • LOL. Funny but true. Kellyscott, are you from the Willamette Valley?

• yes I live close to the university oF Oregon in eugene,oregon
  • To be honest I've never heard of it. An artist I like brought an album out titled "On Top of Willamette Mountain" but it seems like there is in fact no actual Mountain by that name or is there? Willamette Valley, Willamette River but no mountain?
  • Chip Kelly made the housing market go kaput.
  • Green never heard of that?
    No ,the Willamette valley if you look at a topographical map you will find the valley,and the river separates Eugene, an springfield , Oregon.
    If you watch the Simpsons? here's an interesting item??

Revealed: 'The Simpsons' live in Springfield, Ore.
    Comments E-mailPrintShare
    By Michael Winter, USA TODAY
    Updated 2012-04-11 8:50 AM
    The Simpsons in their bomb shelter, unaware of what the citizens of Springfield were planning for them in the 500th episode the show on Feb. 19. After years of speculation about the which state hosts the hometown, Matt Groening has revealed to Smithsonian magazine that it's the Springfield in Oregon, south of Portland.
    CAPTIONBy FOX

Mystery solved: The Simpsons are Oregonians.

Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie and Bartholomew JoJo "Bart" Simpson reside in the Springfield that's in the Beaver State, The Simpsons creator Matt Groening tells Smithsonian magazine, AP tells us.

Springfield, Ore., is 100 miles south of Portland, Groening's hometown.

"When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name," he said. "I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S.

"In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, `This will be cool; everyone will think it's their Springfield.' And they do," he told the magazine.

Groening's revelation wasn't news in the inspirational Springfield.

"Oh, OK, we knew that," community-relations manager Niel Laudati told AP.

Springfield, Ore., made a pre-emptive strike in 2007 when Groening toured for The Simpsons Movie. The "proud Oregonian" Groening gave "the real Springfield" a signed plaque.

Here's what he said in a revealing interview with Smithsonian:

OK, why do the Simpsons live in a town called Springfield? Isn't that a little generic?

Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon. The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show "Father Knows Best" took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, "This will be cool; everyone will think it's their Springfield." And they do.

You've never said it was named after Springfield, Oregon, before, have you?

I don't want to ruin it for people, you know? Whenever people say it's Springfield, Ohio, or Springfield, Massachusetts, or Springfield, wherever, I always go, "Yup, that's right."

Don't have a cow. We'll be scouting for reaction from some of the wannabe Springfields, so check back.

Update at 7:37 p.m. ET: Ahead of the 2007 movie, USA TODAY held a contest to pick the the Simpsons' "real" hometown. The Springfield in Vermont beat its Oregon counterpart and rivals from 12 other states.

BLOG: Pick the best Springfield

Springfield, Vt., got 15,367 votes, about 6,000 votes more than the town's population, our sister paper the Burlington, Vt., Free Press reminds us. The namesake in Illinois was runner-up, followed by Oregon and Massachusetts.

As a reward, Vermont's Springfield hosted the July 21 premiere at the Springfield Movie Theater on Main Street.
    as the late Mel Allen might have said
    "How about that"
  • I used to watch the Simpsons and catch it from time to time still but not too often anymore. Never knew that. My brother has been to Oregon (has lived in Washington and California for the last 25 years plus) and says that it is beautiful. Enjoy it and maybe some day I'll visit my brother and get to visit your hometown state that you seem incredibly proud of.
  • In my guessing I came down to Oregon Washington or Louisiana. Glad I can finally put that out of my head.
  • I guess the thing that's most fun is the fact that you can in one day travel to the coast, the next day if you choose you can go to the mountains.
    Easy in response to you....maybe and maybe not but Chip sure a shootin put Oregon football, on the map....
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Nike pulls Peterson merchandise

Stanton posts pic of horrific injury

WATCH: Kemp, Puig argue in dugout

Minnesota governor: Suspend Peterson

Tim Duncan to appear in ‘Punisher’ comic

10 takeaways from NFL Week 2

Broncos fans really dislike Phil Simms

Chris Davis helps flip truck on highway

How long will Dennis Allen last?

Papelbon gets seven-game suspension

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.