September 09, 2013

Amber Alert- 6'5" Eagle QB Nick Foles has not been seen or heard.

Spotella still seething in anger calls for Vicks head in the first 5 minutes of game vs Redskins when McCoy runs crappy lazy route and officials make a lousy call.   Do you have anything to say Spot in your defense?

11 Comments:
  • On a night when the Eagles have dominated the Redskins IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME leave it to Beaver here decides to go negative. You still think anyone here believes you're and Eagles fan? You can't even write anything positive now? You sir suck as a fan. Go Mike Vick! Go Eagles! Hollywood stinks! Since you felt the need to post this twice I felt the need to give you the same response.
  • Don't say that too loud. Vick looked to be limping a bit at the end there. If he was limping with the adrenaline going, I can only imagine that it'll stiffen with rest tonight.

Also as long as the right side of the O-line doesn't know who they're blocking and are letting guys run free to the QB; Vick, then Foles, then Barkley, then me, then whoever will get a chance to take a few snaps before joining the others on I.R.
  • I know its early and he already looks dinged up but man spot dropped the hammer on him on the first mistake of the game. In fact it was a forward pass but you just knew that the homefield was getting the call. When protected Vick did an admirable job. He is working hard for those yards. Foles would have collapsed under that assault. I think Kelly did a real good job for the first time out. Hes pretty clever. And I like the little anger moment. I think he will get vocal if Vick keeps taking late hits and there are no flags. Overall, they came to play. carey Williams brought some much needed attitude to this team and it appears to have rubbed off. A few guys posters wanted him gone before todays game. They said he wasnt worth the trouble. He is bringing the trouble and I like it.
  • I still have an issue with the routes. On many of those plays the routes are still unfolding too slow (like under Mornhinweg) and there isn't a dump-off guy for Vick to go to. The result is him holding the ball too long.

Some of those hits were the fault of the line making bad reads, but I think (like last year) that some of those hits stem directly from the play-calling.

As far as Williams, I was HUGE on him coming here. Then again that was with only seeing him in limited play and his stat lines. I had no idea that there would be this much baggage attached to him on a day in and day out basis. i won't say at this point that I want him gone, but if he's going to be a T.O./Randy Moss type headache, he'd better damned well play at a T.O./Randy Moss type level. Otherwise he can too easily be traded to the Browns or Jaguars, and waste away in one of football's Siberias.
  • Hey Raveneagle I thought McCoy was too small to handle a big load? Another Raveneagle myth busted!
  • I have him on my fantasy team. Was my first pick in 11th spot in money league. Im not that stupid!. I agree with alot of what Flip is saying about developing plays but the option to McCoy slows the rush just enough for Vick. Our WR arent very good at gettin early separation. They are neither big or fast enough. Celek looks a little better but should have scored on that first middle of the field strike. That was a coaches win for a unique gameplan. Lets hope Chip can do something new each week or like you flip I have some doubts aout maintaining this early momentum.
  • I am not going to be too critical of a team that just defeated the division champs, on Monday night Football, in their own building, and with a rookie coach to boot. Here we are criticizing Kelly for lack of adjustments after one game? This from the same guy who preached a win is a win last season when the Eagles looked awful the first weeks despite their winning record. Most people don't expect this team to win more than seven games. It's been written and said repeatedly. Last year we were supposed to be a playoff team and Reid won 4 games. Reid's first game as coach the Eagles looked like trash. As far as I'm concerned at this point in Kelly's career he is far ahead of Reid at the same point in his. I think people need to view this season like I do. I have little expectations and I am just happy to see my team win. You see when you have expectations you end up having to backtrack your thoughts.
  • I think he did a great job. I like his subtle adjustments and his game calling. It was impressive. Now if we can continue and this owner provides the right resources we may have something here. It mostly comes down to health and talent. You put Barkley in at QB and the whole thing could be drastically different. Dont get back inbto its the system thing. Because you saw how "Reids system" worked without McNabb and sufficient talent.
  • The first half was very impressive, and they did enough to hold on in the second half. I still believe this offense can roll with a lot of different types of quarterbacks. I don't see this as a Vick or nothing situation, but when he's cooking the offense is special there is no doubt about that.
  • They say this guys formations are different everygame. It will be a wait and see approach . But, Reid never had this much imagination in 14 years. And when Reid found something inexpicably it dissapeared. I think Kelly has an air about him and he will be tested but he reminds me a little of Jimmy Johnson.
  • Kelly has something to prove. There are a lot of doubters
    out there, and there are a few "Eagles Fans" hoping he fails
    just for the sake of being right. So far I'm impressed with a
    guy in his first NFL game to beat the reigning division champs.

Evaluating the future stars of the WWE

If sports fans made honest signs...

MLB hitters to start worrying about

10 must-see NFL games in 2014

Gallery: The best of Blair O'Neal

NFL teams with the biggest adjustments to make

10 of our favorite pitches by Baseball Prospectus

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

What your stadium food choice says about you

10 biggest misses by NFL Draft experts

Leanna Decker power ranks the NBA playoffs

Hockey fights of the year

Five ways to improve the NFL draft

Video: Stanley Cup celebrations since '49

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.