April 15, 2013

AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR.

TRENT Edwards has been released. So much for that 5 way QB race. 

Unless...

No! 

They couldn't! Would they? They would. They will. I'm gonna puke.

8 Comments:
  • I just saw that Edwards was released. Just got done telling Spotella that I was surprised he was still on the roster. If your thinking is that # 5 will be Smith it won't be much of a race. More like a close evenly paced run until Smith is deemed ready...it shouldn't take long and it may be week one. I'd prefer it doesn't happen but who knows what Kelly is feeling? 10 days!
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Yup! Saw it on NFL.com
  • With the departure of Edwards there is that possibility they will be adding another QB, but I am not sold it will be Geno. I'm thinking a later round guy like Scott.
  • I'm still guessing/hoping it'll be EJ and not Smith (at least not at 4).
  • Nobody has any idea of what the Eagles are planning. Ironically you can't guarantee getting EJ unless you draft him at 4. The Eagles can't bank their future on a guy they hope will be there. Still this is all the more reason I see them working hard to move down in the draft. It would give them more ammo to move back into the first to enure they get EJ if he's their target. Somebody is going to take a chance on the big guy. A team like the Steelers, Patriots, and team without a lot of holes could select this kid for the future as picks or the heir apparent. The Eagles are going to need to move back into the first to have a shot at him.
  • Regarding Trent Edwards I think it's important to note that HE asked to be released. Apparently he wasn't up for all of the uptempo running and conditioning. So Edwards decided to quit and the Eagles obliged him. Nobody wants a quitter.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Ditka's misguided Redskins remarks

Marbury to star in play about Marbury

Breakout college players for 2014

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Best MLB at-bat walk-up songs

Braxton Miller out for the season

David Wilson to train for 2016 Olympics

Team unveils plaid football helmets

How Mo’Ne Davis got started in baseball

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.