December 05, 2012

ANDY- Be real. Open up to the Eagle fans.

As long as Andy whistles the same tune he will find he has few friends in the PHilly fanbase.  But if Reid would bear his soul, change his ways and meet the fans in the middle I think he would find that the best motivation for the team would be his alliance with the fan base.   All he has to do is admit his errors , explain how he will change to bring a SUPERBOWL to Philly and wear his heart on his sleeve  and Philly will embrace this guy.  His players wont have his back but i bet with the right approach Reid could reignite the fan base with an open book policy that would endear him to the fans.  It cant be calculated, business like or forced on the fans. It has to be genuine and from his heart.  He is making the same mistake that McNabb made.  Hes trying to hide his despair of how things have gone rather expose thetruth that he must change.   Its with absolute humility that Reid can change the way the Eagles do business and forge a better future.    He has no other alternative.  make your case from the heart. Show some heart!

14 Comments:
  • Too late
  • I'm sure Andy is a very nice person, but I agree with Gang - it's too late. Ready for someone new that can breathe some life or at least excitement into this team.
  • If I thought you had a heart I'd ask if this came from it. I'm not sure what this piece of garbage is. We all know you hate Reid...you make up faults of his let alone look for every one of them. He could pass a lie detector test and you would still accuse him of lying. You'd make some BS story up about the man giving the test working for the NFL...that's just the way you roll, hollywood. Nothing ever is good enough for you...and I mean NOTHING! Always looking for the dark side of every subject Eagles related. Even if Reid wore his heart on his sleeve you would still rip the man for something and you know it, besides like GG and hockeygoddess stated...it is too late.
  • Maybe hollywood has DID - it's his alternate personality that wrote this!
  • We've seen his alternate personality and it went by the name in4mous.
  • I have sympathy for the fans but the organization hasnt shown me anything even close to caring about the fans. They have been dishonest, arrogant, backstabbing, mean spirited, condescending, cheap, petty and manipulative. Thats why it would take a great game changing gesture to have any crediblity. My guess is Reid will go out a dickhead.
  • Of course he will in your eyes. I have yet to see you judge anything the Eagles do with honesty. You lie, twist words and look at all Eagles situations with your dour, rotten disposition. Why would you judge the Eagles firing or release of Reid and his attitude when he leaves with anything but more lies?
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • There's a saying that goes "If you start listening to the fans, then you'll end up sitting with them."
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Im not talking about player selection Im talking about transparency. Setting goals and meeting them. etc.
  • Meeting the fans would destroy the team. What would you call the worst team in the NFL. Maybe the Philadelphia Eagles. Its destroyed without the fans. And still descending.
  • Despite all the tragedy hes gone through 14 seasons and no Super Bowl bottom line its time to go.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.