January 01, 2014

Andy Reid, Chip Kelly ?

I saw an interesting comment today something about a record 10-6 isn't good enuff?

Lets see Reid didn't cut it, and Now  a small cough against Kelly?

What do  eagle fans  want .... 

You guys remind me of an ex girl friend ....damned if you do and damn to hell if you even try????

enough said!!!!!

15 Comments:
  • I wonder which one did that?
  • they know trust me.
  • Andy Reid had a great vision for the organziation and executed that vision very successfully. I think you have to give Ray Rhodes some credit for giving him a great defensive foundation. Reid from a game day planning standpoint could put together solid playbooks. Where he lacked was game day management. But initially the guy looked like the real deal. Then he got drunk on his success and was gloating. He became one of the boys upstairs. The gold standard. That was beginning of the end. the first shot was the TO affair that may go down as one of the most mishandled affairs in Eagle history. And of course the train finally wrecked with the death of his son. An irony that Reids life was so opposite of the football guy that wouldnt answer any questions. Kelly is a coach. He has a good unique approach that players appear to like. I havent seen a hint of arrogance from kelly. He is available . Seems to be prepared and focused on winning. He isnt in phily to build a new program. he is here to win games. Luries organization has been built over 20 years. No one is coming in and changing everything. There might be facelifts but no overhauls. As long as Lurie owns the team the Eagles will look in the future much like they do today.
  • Hollywood you made some very good points, but you also went a little off the wall. As for me I'm grateful for what Andy did here, but like McNabb it was his time to move on from here. I like what Chip Kelly is doing here. He's building something that could be great for a very long time.
  • andy and the prior management built the foundation. I would say kelly is adding his own unique attributes to a solid foundation. they arent reinventing the wheel. The commentators made a good point about Reid having too many responsibilities with Eagles. He is simply a coach with KC and I think he will be more successful not having a conflict of interest with the players.
  • He did have too much power in Philly. I think the new regime here in Philly has done a good job of dispersing responsibility through the past year. Things are better now. Reid's a great coach, but he lost this football team.
  • We had some great players too in the 00's that helped build the foundation. Reid has yet to win a playoff game without Bdawk and Mcnabb.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• was it Kelly who turned the ball was it Kelly who made the mistakes
    IM done
  • Last I saw both Reid and Kelly were dropped in the first round, but only Reid's team had such an epic implosion. One thing is certain. Both are better than 8-8 Garrett.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24395744/poll-dallas-cowboys-are-actually-americas-least-favorite-team
  • I still think its funny how Reid was considered a loser and wanted out at Philly now we call Kelly a choke and Reid a hall a famer?
    who's smoking CRACK?
  • Reid is not a loser, but Reid's message got stale in Philly. Reid cemented his own fate when his agent decided to use his son's death as an opportunity to get a contract extension. He basically tried to pull the sympathy card and placed Lurie in an uncomfortable position. Lurie didn't budge and Reid went lame duck. Reid had to go, because it was his time. It's now the Chip Kelly era. So far Chip has been exceeding expectations unless a delusional fan who hasn't watched the debacles of the past two seasons.
  • EZ, I still think was funny when I started blogging here on the yard, I wsnt even noticed, NOW, I almost feel like a sports talk show host?
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• Now he's a Seahawks fan too. Dude gets around doesn't he?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Ditka's misguided Redskins remarks

Marbury to star in play about Marbury

Breakout college players for 2014

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Best MLB at-bat walk-up songs

Braxton Miller out for the season

David Wilson to train for 2016 Olympics

Team unveils plaid football helmets

How Mo’Ne Davis got started in baseball

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.