November 20, 2012

Andy Reid's Coaching Tree

Andy used to teach guys and groom guys to be the type of coaches he wanted in Philadelphia.  A few years ago, he for some ungodly reason decided to go against that idea and use 'special talented coaches' such as:  Morningweg, washburn and Mudd..  All of whom are a huge reason why Andy won't actually be back next season.

So let's take a look at some of the guys around the league coaching or who might be back to coach the Eagles:

• Brad Childress (Vikings 2006-2010) Could he be our next HC?
  • John Harbaugh (Baltimore 2008 - Present) No chance.
  • Steve Spags (St Louis 2009 - 2011)  Next HC?  Quite possibly
  • Leslie Frazier (Minn 2010 - Present)  No chance.
  • Ron Rivera (2011 - Present) - May be getting fired, please NO
  • Pat Shumur (Browns - 2011 - present) Possibly getting fired. Don't know

30 + teams in the NFL and 6 of them (7 including andy) are from the Philly Staff.
That doesn't count the amount of guys that have moved up in the league:
Mcdermott, and the list goes on.........

So when the Eagles change hands, the question is will it be to a West Coast offense guy like Gruden? (I don't want him, but it's a very real possibility) .. Someone from College?

Whatever happens. I don't want it to be one of Andy Reid's guys.. Why? Well, because if we are moving on from andy, I don't want to replace him w/ Mini Andy

16 Comments:
  • How do you go from one forum backing Reid to another stating you don't want a mini-Andy? Some of you guys confuse the hell out of me.
  • You do a lot of commenting, but it doesn't seem you have been doing a lot of reading. The other forum was about the fans & the predicament that I believe the coaching staff fell into 12 years down the road.

I also acknowledged that it may be time for andy to go.

That being said, when I look back: Andy Reid has been a great coach for Philadelphia. Most of the years he has been here, it has been great football.
  • In the end, I accept that it may be time for him to move on; But, I can't call him a horrible coach, I can't say he was over rated, I can't say it was all because of Mcnabb, I can't say it was all because of his coaches that he mentored.

The reality is, the man has had 2 bad seasons in his tenure in Philadelphia. 2005 & 2012. Last season, we went 8-8. Only in Philly eyes, is that a bad season (we barely missed the playoffs btw)
  • I read it all. You did acknowledge that it was time for Reid to go but you practically blamed the fanbase for him possibly being shown the door. I honestly have read many of your posts on Reid in the past and agree with quite a few of them (obviously not the one blaming the fans though...quite ridiculous in my opinion). Reid WAS a very good coach but those days are over. Don't know what happened but either the talent on the field is not nearly as good as we all thought, they aren't playing up to their potential or the coaching just isn't there and any of the reasons have to be blamed on Reid. After 14 years, 8-8 and this mess of a season have to be the final straw. Reid looks lost, hasn't been able to show anybody he can get this team on track and who knows...maybe the loss of his son has drained some desire out of him. Maybe it's time he needs a year or two away from football to find that desire again or maybe he just needs a new city to renew it. A change of scenery for Reid may help everyone involved.
  • not true. In many categories he was a complete failure . Not to mention that he wasted 15 years producing and leaving us with nothing. Cowher left a great organization intact.
  • I'll take 5 NFC championship appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance over your opinion anyday!
  • fatman was the most self serving coach you wll ever see. And he will ruin things before he steps down because if he cant have it no one will.
  • You don't exaggerate much, do you?
  • Why in the world do you even think any former Reid guy would be the coach? It's not like Reid were on Kotite or Ray Rhodes staff. This doesn't make sense.
  • My worry is honestly: "West coast offense" I don't see Lurie giving that up. Like in SanFran they love running the west coast offense & they usually bring coaches in with that experience.

So who does that leave us? Childress, Gruden, Who else?

If we go away from the west coast offense that's fine.. I honestly just don't see it happening.
  • Don't worry. Chilly wont be coaching here.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • listen, i make 2 articles both in a way praising reid.. Please do not compare me to Hollywood..

That is the largest insult
  • Only a retard wants Reid prodigy
  • What does that make the owner of the Ravens? You even stated before that the Eagles should have bumped Harbaugh up and got rid of Reid. Just another hollywood contradiction!
  • I do not want anything that even remotely reminds me of the fat man(Phat Phuck)
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

MLB managers on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.