November 25, 2013

Arizona Looks Legit.

It was tough to watch the Eagles next opponent completely dismantle the Colts yesterday. Andrew Luck looked like a confused rookie against that defense. He had a game that would make Foles haters cry for Nick's head if he played like that. Thanks to the stupidity of the Raiders the Cardinals have their best quarterback since Kurt Warner, and Palmer seems to be getting better. Arizona has won four straight and have scored 27 or more points in each game doing so. This and every game from now on is almost a must win for the Eagles now that Dallas all but owns all tie breakers unless the Redskins can find a way to beat Dallas to go with an Eagles victory. The Cryboys have a cakewalk game against the Raiders next week ( might as well be a bye for them) and the Eagles go up against a playoff contender from what is now the best division in football. The Eagles cannot afford to blow this one.

8 Comments:
  • Many people think we need to go 4-1 in our last five. The hell with that. We can't afford any losses at all. Every opponent but Minnesota is still alive in this race. We're going to be getting everyone's best shot. We must be prepared to give our's back in return.
  • Palmer went to the Cardinals to contend but he couldnt help a rebuilding Raider team. Foles will be tested in this playoff making or breaking run. We will learn alot more about him when games are on the line and our team and the opponent are in must win situations.
  • Their defense is good and fitz is still fitz along with other legit WRs.

What I wanna see is if peterson covers desean or cooper. Putting him on desean can take him away possibly single handedly only cause if desean can get off the line he is faster but not by that much. But that will leave a size mismatch for cooper on basically any other DB they have. Putting peterson on cooper will take him away completely. Leaving a combo of either powers or Cason (id use Cason) with mathieu over the top who has speed and amazing ball skills and football instincts.

Personally I'd put peterson on cooper and just eliminate him using double coverage on desean and force the rest of the offense to beat me if I was Todd bowels. Their front seven is full of stars. Dockett and Campbell are monsters along with John Abraham who can still ball and karlos dansby. Add in one of the best LBs in football with a fresh(er) Washington and that's a good defense.

It's gonna be a good game.
  • Well you see the issues the Eagles offense will have clearly. This is a game where the TEs, and McCoy are going to have to step up and make plays. Avant has been nonexistent despite the fact he's gotten opportunities to make plays. The Eagles are going to have to use some WR screens to get Jackson the ball in space and to keep him focused on the game. Todd Herremans has to have on of his good games, because Arizona's front seven is really good. The Cardinals are a well coached football team and the Eagles can not afford to lose this game.
  • Man there's a part of me that just wishes we had taken the flier on the Honey Badger. That kid's gonna be a star. Him and Patrick Peterson might be able to give Sherman and Browner a run for their money in regards to the best CB tandem in the league someday.
  • Other than Jordan Poyer and the Kruger kid I can't complain about last seasons draft. Those guys are contributing, and Bennie Logan has been a pleasant surprise. It would have been nice to get another corner, but I'm not going to knock them for staying away, because the guy was a bit of a problem child before. Going to Arizona was a great fit for him. He gets to play with a former teammate.
  • If Foles can sustain this level of play, QB may not be a need after all. We may be able to concentrate on getting either a ROLB or CB in the next draft. I was thinking Van Noy as a ROLB option from BYU or Jason Verrett from TCU if we go corner. As much as I'd love to get Anthony Barr, he's probably supplanted Clowney as the top defensive player on the board. I can see him becoming the next Von Miller.
  • It all depends on where the Eagles land. They could end up drafting in the early twenties. Maybe even later than that. Foles not turning the ball over and the defense improving places them in a better spot this season, but a worse spot in the draft.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Nike pulls Peterson merchandise

Stanton posts pic of horrific injury

WATCH: Kemp, Puig argue in dugout

Minnesota governor: Suspend Peterson

Tim Duncan to appear in ‘Punisher’ comic

10 takeaways from NFL Week 2

Broncos fans really dislike Phil Simms

Chris Davis helps flip truck on highway

How long will Dennis Allen last?

Papelbon gets seven-game suspension

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.