May 24, 2013

AS FAR AS BEING A PROFESSIONAL WRITER....

LOT of talk about writing today in the Yard, so I figured I'd share. 

MY COPYRIGHT CAME IN! Now I can shop my sci-fi story without worrying that a television network, production company, agent, or fellow writer will steal it. If they do, me and my boy:THE U.S. GOVERNMENT! will lay the smacketh down upon yon face!

In truth, lots of ideas come out every year that are similar, but this thing is REALLY different. Like Doctor Who level different. (Yup, I'm a Whovian.) So I'm pretty confident that it'll stick out once it gets a read. And THAT is the hard part.

It'll likely take me MONTHS to get an agent to read it, and it'll be MONTHS before they get around to pitching it to anyone, and it'll take MONTHS to close any deal if I'm lucky enough to be offered one (Yes, I said luck. In this business you need at least a little.)

I did all the prep work I needed to do on my end. Now the adventure begins!

6 Comments:
  • Congratulations. Hope to see your story on the shelves so I can pick it up. I was more into the old Dr. Who than the new one, but I can dig a good science fiction story.
  • You won't see it on shelves. If it grows legs it'll show up on network (not cable) TV. (More $$$ in broadcast TV for writers.)
  • Well let us know.
  • Can u say what it's about now that u got the copyright Or is it still not safe to say?
  • Bare bones: The future of the U.S Space Program. Instead of the whole being at war with aliens vibe, it's mostly just about us as people and our backyard (Solar System).

• [not displayed: comment from locked account]
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.