July 13, 2013

ATTN: All Raiders Fans....

The NFL website is almost certain your team will suck. In fact your team is so bad they aren't actually sure who is going to really start anywhere save a few positions

[Oakland Raiders: Who is going to start ... everywhere?

Most teams have a few starting positions up for grabs in training camp. In Oakland, it's easier to name the guys we know will start. On offense, it's running back Darren McFadden, left tackle Jared Veldheer, wide receiver Denarius Moore and center Stefen Wisniewski. (Please add a mental "if healthy" disclaimer after McFadden and Moore.) The other seven spots, including quarterback, are up for grabs.

On defense, the only players we know are starting: defensive end Lamarr Houston, safety Charles Woodson, safety Tyvon Branch and rookie cornerback D.J. Hayden. We can guess who will start elsewhere, but the front seven mostly is up for grabs.

Matt Flynn's ability to take charge of this team will be the focus in August, but this is a roster with questions just about everywhere.]

So it appears that everyone (to include Oakland beat writers) who writes about this team (even bloggers) feels that they are going to be a complete train wreck save one washed up science fiction writer. The apparent opinion of this fool is that the Raiders are going to do the unprecedented. Be the only NFL team to pay guys nearly as much not to play for them and actually win. Don't put any money on it fake Gene Roddenberry. I would hate to see you end up in the poor house. 

6 Comments:
  • better lend an ear
  • Better start naming those starters yesterday...it's bad for team morale. I've already typed to flip that his view on the Raiders seems to be his and his alone. That totally goes against what he tried claiming in many of his posts this off season. He and Hollywood have no qualms in trying to make their claims seem golden no matter how far they have to stretch the truth to do it.
  • That guy is never right, and the one time he actually was the Eagles won 4 games. If anyone actually is taking his advice they may want to look themselves in the mirror and start soul searching. With that being the case he's made me have an interest in the Raiders. I enjoy reading about how terrible they are. I enjoyed throwing in his face the fact the Raiders now have a guy with a record again. I enjoy the Raiders! Contrasting the reality of how truly terrible they are with the illusion of what flipflop tries to make them out to be is a great source of comedy for me.
  • Talk about never right . Chip canned your idea of rebuild or I guess you havent read it.
  • You can stop worrying, I never gamble on sports.

Nowhere in your source material was there a reference to us being bad OR good. There ARE some valid points. Much IS up for grabs. That was THE POINT of signing so many players who were rotational starters and not REGULAR starters. Hungry guys fighting for something. No guarantees. Competition. No pampered players. There's a pecking order, but nothing is set in stone yet.

As it should be.

But again, you're ENTIRE post is based on the perception of Mr. Gregg Rosenthal. It's not a wonder that he isn't sure of where who will play, since he's a network reporter and not a team insider, or even a beat reporter. Hell, the last thing you posted of his was BASED ON A BLURB from a beat writer.

Seriously, you have GOT to stop coming at me with Gregg Rosenthal.
  • I have to tell you flip that's a relief! At least I know your not even crazy enough to believe some of the stuff you keep spewing.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Rice: ‘Actions were totally inexcusable’

Dez upset over teammate's deal?

Johnson pulled out of tourney to hang with Paulina?

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

MLB pitcher charged with sexual assault

Breaking down the NL MVP race

Gallery: The best of July

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.