December 11, 2013

Big Test Waiting For Chip Kelly. The Trap Game.

After the Bears annihilated the Cryboys, the Eagles gained a cushion between themselves and the Cryboys for the division race. Of course the Bears completely dominating the Cowboys also put the Bears on the Eagles radar. If the Eagles aren't careful they may find themselves overlooking the Viking especially if AP doesn't play in the game. The Vikings are a team that's young, still fighting, and isn't as bad as their record would indicate. Chip Kelly is going to have to keep his team focused. The NFL has made his job a little harder by making the Bears and Eagles game a prime time event. It's a distraction this team doesn't need. Can a rookie head coach keep his team focused on the task at hand? We will surely find out, but one thing is certain Chip has turned Andy Reid's undisciplined mess into a very disciplined squad that doesn't make turnovers or penalties. That tells me he has this team focused. Perhaps there could be some early malaise, but in the end I see the Eagles pulling away. Eagles 31-17.   

//

18 Comments:
  • I still haven't forgotten what happened the last time we faced Minnesota. Joe Webb. I'm always on my guard for the let down. I guess in some ways I have become rather skittish b/c of the last few years with Reid, seeing the Eagles pull out games like this is refreshing but instinctually I'm just looking over my shoulder so to speak.
  • GG: Joe Webb didn't beat the Eagles. It was Andy Reid letting Vick toss the ball over 40 times while giving Shady only 13 carries. That and Vick being sacked 6 times, three turnovers and one fumble returned for a touchdown. Joe Webb's numbers were pedestrian. Mike Vick's implosion cost him a chance to be MVP. In many ways this was the game that signified the beginning of the end for Mike Vick.
  • I know what you mean GG. I chalked up last week's game as a loss halfway thru the 3rd quarter. It's a natural reaction after having Reid as a coach for so long.
  • I would like to see the Eagles head into Dallas up two games. If Rodgers were playing I think Cowboy season comes to an end. like the eagles in this spot. But with AP out it does have that appearance of trap. This is a game where I expect Foles to deliver again. Id like to see them up early on cruise control.
  • I feel the Cowboys are going to lose two more times. The are a team that is lost just like their fan base. I get the feeling the division will be won by the time we face Dallas. The only thing left to wonder is should the Eagles rest all of their starters. They may have to if they have a shot to get that 2 seed.
  • Lately the Eagles have risen to the challenges that have been placed in front of them and I'm obviously hoping it continues this weekend. I was listening to WIP yesterday and Ike Reese was saying that the similarities between the 2010 season and this season are eerie with backup Foles going on a 2010 backup Vick like run this year in a season where not much was expected. He is right but Reese has lost a lot of my respect. Just like Hollywood and flip, Reese seems to get giddy at the notion of Foles struggling and looks for angles where he and the Eagles could fail. Discussing these things is one thing but looking for vindication because you were wrong about your evaluation on the QB situation is just sad...especially in Reese's case.
  • I think Foles is a good #2. You cant even commit to him. You committed to Kolb big time but Foles you are just enjoying the day to day. You hated Vick more than you liked Foles. But then again you hate any black QB that has played for the Eagles. Frankly i dont like Foles because of you. I cant imagine liking anything you like. I dont even want too.
  • I don't see any similarities between these two teams. I feel that 2010 got exposed late in the season. Particularly at the quarterback. Once the Bears figured out how to deal with him everyone followed suit. Foles is a better quarterback than Mike Vick. Mike Vick stood on his head a few games and then came crashing down to earth. Also Reid never used McCoy or his run game the way Kelly does.
  • Here's hoping you're right, Eazy and I'm thinking you are.

@Hollywood...wow, buddy. You don't like Foles because of me? You have worse issues than I thought and I thought you had bad ones. The rest of your comments are just you again reaching and not truthful at all. You are the biggest racist on this site and most barkers realize that.
  • You don't like Foles because of green wood??? WTF is wrong with you? I guess that means you hate the Eagles too. Not surprised at that at all, because the proof is in the writing. I'm not going to touch the black QB garbage. That was just stupid. Also to be expected from the guy who ripped Isaac Sopoaga and Patrick Chung because they weren't white or black. Jimmy the Greek lives on through you Wood.
  • We know the haters on this site . Your ethnicity has even been questioned. You masquerade as a black man but many have questioned your honesty. Is that why you didnt show up at the indian affair. I mean the Redskins vs Eagles. You have called me a racist ever since I called the Cowboys Mexicos team. They are. I saw more Mexicans than white Texans. Thats the truth. As far as the Somoan slug I couldnt pronounce or spell his name. So I called him a polynesian player. Is that a problem? I guess if i call you an American thats racist right? Quit the lies tell us about yourself and your chummy relationshipo with GTD. Do you live together . Are you partners. I mean you guys are always together. Be honest for a change.
  • Two clowns question my ethnicity. Funny coming from a racist and an Uncle Tom. You just keep on typing your racist rants. Further burying yourself. The only person here concerned about the color of someone's skin is you. I know they say it takes one to know one, but in this case even a blind man can see you're a racist scumbag.
  • Who are you a ghost writing white boy. I mean GTD is your yes man. Who put you up to this?
  • Once again the racist focused on the color of a mans skin. Do you hate yourself that much to be so envious of mine?
  • He's just full full of rage, anger and hate, Eazy. He gets even angrier when he has no decent response for what has been typed to or about him. The funny thing is I'm not sure that he even realizes when he gets this bad and starts typing with so much anger he only shows the rest of the yard what I've been typing to him all along...he's a messed up dude.
  • Dude has taken this to a place I didn't wish to go
    so I will end it here. This about the Eagles and a trap game.
    I'm going back to there.
  • It's a huge trap game. All I've been hearing about is da bears. I think foles isn't the kind of guy to overlook his next opponent though. I'm hoping shady has another big day to keep first in rushing.
  • It is kind of hard to believe we are discussing trap games considering where this team started, but this is indeed a trap game. It could be easy to overlook the Vikings. I think Kelly has to keep his team grounded. I get the feeling we may start a little slow, but ultimately we win. If we do win we will once again put the pressure on the Cowboys to win. If they don't they are cooked.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Gronk: 'I'm ready to go' for Week 1

Verlander, Upton nude photos hacked

Blue Jays give Jeter unique farewell gift

Photos: D-Wade and Gabby tie the knot

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.