December 03, 2012

Boring poorly played football game

Im not exactly sure you can gather anything from that event that took place last night.  It was one of the poorest played games Ive seen in general.  The NFL product is in rapid decline.  The rule changes are making the league look like the WWF>  No one hits.  Penalties for good hits are flagged.  I cant imagine anyone paying to see that joke of a game between the Eagles and Cowboys.  It was boring , vanilla, sloppy and just a waste of time. I turned it OFF.  Dont you people have any thing other than football to do on sunday?  I mean if you watched that whole game you need your head examined.  It sucked.  It doenst mean anything.  You cant even evaluate players anymore.  I mean Foles wasnt asked to do anything but hand the ball off to Brown .  When Brown ran it looked like the parting of the red sea.  All of a sudden with no chance at the playoffs we have a run game.  Does that mean McCoy isnt elite  GTD or EZ?   I mean why the running lanes?  Ill tell you why.  Because the NFL wants fans interested.  The Cowboys werent even trying for 3/4 of that silliness last nite.  Dont think we  are turning any corners .  We suck .  Reid needs to be fired and so on and so forth.

27 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • The Eagles got their weekly colon cleansing last night. Was anyone really surprised? Now I just watch to see how bad they will be beat and what new antic they will perform on the field, just to fail. Lurie will have many things to consider at the end of this season. LOL Andy if they are going to pay you good money to put garbage cans on the field, then keep piling the trash on.
  • Jim Washburn fired! I will admit, I was hyped when they hired Washburn. Before this season, Washburn's DL's put up a big sack numbers. Maybe Andy is cleaning house finally, but this may mean that Andy will be back next year.
  • You think it could be money? Of course not. LMFAO
  • Jealous Im not. Im just mad that he pockets the cash instead of reinvesting in a superbowl calibur team. Thats my beef.
  • Now your going to start with the whining that the whole NFL is nothing but a bigger version of the WWF? Pretty soon players will be hitting each other with balsa wood chairs and there will be fake blood everywhere, I guess? The XFL is over...it died years ago! The defense sucked, hollywood. The offense looked okay considering Dallas had many of their players on the bench also. It was two teams playing through injuries in a mad to late season game. Stop with the stupidity!
  • It was a poor product on that field. Did Foles have a pass for more than 40 yds? I mean those dumpoffs were annoying.
  • Maybe not the WWF but the first three quarters of an NBA game
  • What I saw is the departure of Mike Vick. I saw we cut Vick and use his salary to sign two new safeties. No reason to keep the guy around. It's funny how bad the line supposedly is, but Foles was barely touched. The reason is the guy doesn't hold the football. As fas as the run game goes, it just shows how terrible Andy Reid has been so far. I mean how do you not allow McCoy carries like Brown was given. It wasn't like he go. 24 carries and not only that, but a consistent run game during the game.
  • The Eagles have played some bad football this year yet hollywood wants to claim that a game where the Eagles put up 17 in the first half on it's way to probably one of it's most consistent offensive put outs of the year (and the special teams with a 98 yard punt return to boot) was the game you were an idiot to watch. I get that the injuries and where this team is right now puts a damper on watching the game (and so does the defensive play) but it certainly wasn't the most boring game of the year for the Eagles. For me it was nice to see Foles play without making too many mistakes. It was nice to see Damaris Johnson finally have that big return and hope he can continue to do so. That's what these games are about right now...seeing any type of improvement and hoping it can carry over.
  • I dont care about that.
  • Absolutely right decision by Reid. There is no reason to stick with Vick for the remainder of the season. The Eagles need to evaluate Foles and see if he could at least be one of the guys in the mix to be next year's starter.
  • season ticket holders are gonna take a bath on their seat licenses when they bail out . Oh thats right a 65,000 fan waiting list. Oops sorry GTD.
  • No need to apologize, hollywood. Just makes you look stupid again. If they bail it certainly won't be because Vick was benched or cut. Those seat licenses will be just one reason why most fans KEEP their seats...there is much more involved than just the yearly costs of season tickets. Losing their money they put out just for the right to purchase their tickets and knowing they go to the bottom of the list are the two main reason must fans won't bail although I would guess that there will be some fans who may give them up if Lurie announces Reid will be back. Hopefully we don't find out how many.
  • If they bring Reid back and people hold those tickets they would be complete morons. But there are plannty of stupid Eagle fans so Im sure some will show up regardless of the product on the field.
  • Teams change coaches and they also go through dry spells. Just like your buddy some people have had their tickets for decades and aren't going to give them up even with a few consecutive poor years. Lurie has had more good years than bad as the owner...most people realize that I would guess.
  • The Eagles had a strong 5 year run when Reid first came to Philly. They had the momentum of a new stadium , lots of money and great opportunity. Its gone. For 500 million + indirect costs the Philly taxpayer has 4 NFC champ & 1 superbowl loss in 18 years. Not a real good ROI.
  • The o-line looked good last night because we were balanced and the defense couldn't tee off on the quarterback.
  • game didnt count. Measured and beaten again.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• I like his pocket presence & size but his release and ball velocity isnt elite.
  • I have to agree with hollywood on this post. Some games have been horrible this year. Maybe I just became too involved with high school football where the players and coaches actually give a crap and want to play and win. Check out this kid (he had about 6 returns for tds this year). I love my Eagles, but not seeing anything exciting to "bark" about this season.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYh1K_r_DE0
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.