November 03, 2012

Can Anyone Show Me Where The Eagles Have "Substantially Improved?"

The owner stated the team must substantially improve in order for Andy Reid to keep his job. Can someone please tell me where has this team now nearing the half point of the season has "substantially improved" over last seasons football team? Nearing the halfway point of the season the Eagles have at best a shot to reach the .500 mark. That is identical to the 8-8 mark of last season. That isn't close to this team being substantially improved. Last season the offense was ranked 4th in the league and averaged nearly 25 points a game. Thus season they are 13th in the league and average 17 a game. Not better, but worse. The defense was ranked 8th and gave up about 21 points a game. This season they are ranked 12th and give up 22 points a game. That's not substantially better, rather that's substantially worse. If this team isn't improving, (in fact they are rapidly getting worse) why is Andy Reid still allowed to keep his job? In year 14 of Andy Reid's 5 Year Plan, the Eagles have regressed and like he continues to say that he must keep evaluating, when does the man finally start looking in the mirror and realize that he's not the solution. He is in effect the problem? When are people going to start realizing that fans aren't the reason the Eagles are struggling right now. It's the head coach. You can blame Juan for the problems, but the HEAD COACH HIRED HIM. You can blame Vick for the problems, but THE HEAD COACH WANTED HIM. You can blame the offensive line, but THE HEAD COACH HIRED THE GUY WHO RUINED THE LINE. The coach is the problem and not the fans. I hope this season the owner will realize that and not screw this up again.

20 Comments:
  • Players are bailing already. Doesnt look like Jenkins or Allen are playing Monday. They better plan to score 30+ to win this contest.
  • Well they probably are hurt, now reports are defensive players are being quoted as saying Reid would have lost the locker room had he benched Vick. Hasn't he lost that locker room already?
  • I told you guys Reid isnt that stupid to bench Vick. Its his last option. I think Reid loses in New Orleans and gets fired next week. Its essentially winding down. Just feeling its over. Lurie will have to take action with a loss to a 2-5 team. Otherwise the stadium & interest will empty out.
  • Maybe he's too stupid not to Ben h Vick. It's not like he's been all that great himself.
  • Ill even go a step further . If they lose that game they go on to lose the rest of the way.
  • Reids in his office for a reason. hes getting his loose ends tied up before he resigns next week. Whats he doing in the office and not preparing.
  • It would be a good thing for him to resign. He won't do it though, because it takes Reid too long to make decisions.
  • If they decide to move on from Reid everyone else should go too. That means: Roseman, Vick, Washburn, Mudd, and the rest of the staff. Bring in a new GM who will bring in a new coach so they can decide which players to get rid of and who is worth holding on to. My point is, if they do decide to move on from Reid, everyone else should follow him out the door. Especially Roseman.
  • We are in agreement. It's time to move forward.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Have some hope you see even if they hit rock bottom there are still some pieces to this team we can get excited about. The right coach and the right GM could turn this all around quickly. Especially if Nick Foles is a legit quarterback.
  • Even though the Saints defense is last in the league their offense is in the top five and that will give Eagles defense lots of problems.If the players have not bailed by now they will if they lose on monday.
  • The players have apparently already threatened a mutiny. There are reports that if Vick were benched the players would turn against Reid. With friends like these guys who needs enemies.
  • recall the song nowhere man from the beatles....
  • memo to the coach??
  • I wasnt sure if I could download the song????
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• comment below viewing threshold

show comment

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Fan's terrible first pitch

Patriots players 'pissed' about Mankins trade

WVU QB's first kiss: Saban's daughter

Report: NHL to Las Vegas is 'done deal'

Wolves owner takes shots at Kevin Love

The best NFL players by division

Gallery: NFL Players and their dogs

Shaw mentioned in burglary report

ESPN's questionable Michael Sam report

Josh Gordon decision already made?

NFL rookies who will make an impact

Pats trade Mankins to Buccaneers

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.