October 31, 2013

Can Foles Redeem Himself?

My guess is no not yet. That doesn't mean that I believe Foles will have a bad game on the contrary I think he will bounce back nicely since the coach will likely provide an improved game plan over his recent ones. What I mean is despite what Nick Foles does in a positive way, the fanbase will not get back onboard with him until he shows he can be consistent and stay healthy. He also is going to have to show he can win the pressure games. The Dallas game was for the most part a pressure game and Foles came up very small and was injured. The overly pro Foles people took a page out of the overly Vick people's play book and blamed it all on an injury. Foles himself tried to down play it as just having a bad game. Watching the game from the stadium it looked like he just choked plain and simple. The best way for Nick to get EVERYBODY on board with him would be to stay healthy and win football games. He's got a softy coming up in Oakland. A very winnable game against an extremely beatable team. If the guy who showed up against Tampa is there then the Eagles win easily, but if the guy who played afraid in Dallas shows up it could be a tough one for Philly. With the Eagles defense improving every week, and Chip Kelly looking to quiet some of his doubters along with Foles, my gut is telling me Eagles win 24-10. On a side note how about MCW last night! 9 steals in his rookie debut! Way to go young man! Sixers knocking of the Heat is a pretty nice feat. Now they need to stop this, because they are ruining their lottery chances already.

14 Comments:
  • I hope Foles can show consistency here. Its his ball to drop. This is his best shot and I dont think he gets another. I think we will be lucky to win 7 games but who knows.
  • Foles takes us to the championship and we win against the KC Chiefs. Couldn't be written any better!
  • ok EZ or GTD
  • suck you are one highly motivated Foles fan. We can always dream can't we? Wood we would be lucky to win 7 games even with Vick so it doesn't seem like he's the answer.
  • He may go .500 and then you have foles next year and he goes below .500 and then you have nothing. Thats the lurie game.
  • I fail to understand how that's Lurie's game. If he wanted to stay under .500 just keep Reid. With that being the case Foles could prove you wrong, and if Vick is just getting us .500( by the way that's unrealistic for Vick, because he can't stay healthy) then he's nothing more than a 7 million dollar waste of mediocrity.
  • Lets see Foles playing on rookie contract vs drafting a top QB. I think we save how much with Foles?
  • If Foles craps out then the Eagles (under Lurie's direction) will have no choice but to draft a high quality QB. If Foles steps up and plays great consistently he's going to be paid. Knowing the Eagles they will try to lock him up early so he won't see free agency in that case. You act as if they never pay players. They gave Vick a 100 million dollar contract, and they did the same with McNabb. They are STILL paying Nnamdi that stiff, as well as others. Now if you think spending 7 mil a year or more for a guy to be a 2nd string or sitting on the sidelines injured is a good investment then you are much worse at business than I ever imagined.
  • The Eagles are the joke of the league when it comes to payroll Stop with the revisionist history. How can we forget how much they spent on Thrash, Smalls and Johnson.
  • Revisionist history? You bring up guys from 98-03, but forget about 04-12, and I'm the one making stuff up?
  • Of course he can. People sway back and forth so much in this city it's crazy. Now maybe it's just what the radio shows are doing to gain ratings but they only talk about or let through callers who dig at the emotional response. Say foles goes out and kills the raiders. The radio hosts will love foles while only talking to fans who agree with them and when one person doesn't they call him crazy and a Vick lover or whatever. Or they will say well it's just the raiders, ignoring the fact that the raiders are playing great on defense the past couple weeks. Now if foles sucks everyone comes out to bash him. Ignoring if it was his fault or a crappy oline along with even worse coaching.
  • The coaching has been poor, but I think Foles is going to need some games to prove he is the guy for this football team. It's a big problem, because Foles doesn't fit this offense. In an ideal situation Foles wins this job that way even if Kelly gets fired or leaves we aren't just stuck with a guy only capable of running his system.
  • I wnt to see Foles put this team on his back and make things happen. I dont care if he wins or loses. I want to see him with pressure on. Having to move and make quick decisions. I want him to let the ball fly and not fumble and bumble. Thats what I want. Its his opportunity if he screws up from here on out they might as well release him next year and let barkley take the #2 spot.
  • Did Foles accomplish your goals? Lol
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

12 managers who are on the hot seat

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

Introducing the scale of NFL sadness

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.