September 13, 2013

Chip Kelly's Players Seem To Be Embracing The Change.

All summer we all have gone through scenarios on how Kelly was supposed to lose this football team. Everyone seemed determined to find ways to see Kelly fail, but it would seem Chip Kelly had other plans. Chip's players seem to be embracing the change. Mike Vick says he can't wait to get to work. McCoy heaping tons of praise onto his coach. Jackson flying through the air knocking his coaches visor off during the game. It seems like these guys are having fun again and that says much about how things were under the final years under Reid. The team looked like a bunch of guys who did not like playing together. They were individuals collecting paychecks, and their coach was a guy trying to use his son's death to collect more money. I know that sounds callus, but the fact is the coaches agent did do that very thing and the coach did nothing to stop it. Judging by how quickly that coach decided to get another job he doesn't seem all that interested in morning either, but that's another story. The point is this team is embracing their new head coach, and he's turning these individuals back into a football team. He's also reenergizing a fanbase who has been sucked of all of their life the past few seasons. People are generally excited about the Eagles again. For the first time in a long time the Eagles seem to have a coach that gets it, and seems like he is smarter than the other guy. Does the Eagles still have problems? Sure they do, but for the first time in a long time I feel like the Eagles have a direction rather than a team that was lost with underachievers, no accountability, and rampant mediocrity. Sunday can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to see this team play again. I'm excited about football again, and most of that has a lot to do with our new head coach. It would seem the players agree.

35 Comments:
  • I hope they dont ever repeat that "gold standard" crap. They need the big prize. they need to support Kelly and let him do his work. The guy has charisma. The front office needs to give him what he needs , shut up and watch.
  • It's going to take a little time, but I firmly believe Chip is in charge of this thing. He's choosing the players.
  • Just wondering. Does anyone have a link where I can watch a live stream of the game this Sunday? I'm in Connecticut and CBS is airing the Colts/Dolphins instead.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Yea. Might have to go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.
  • The Eagles almost blew the game. They should have blown them out Easy and you know that. If they're embracing Kelly's change then they should have played for four quarters. That's my observation.
  • Some things to consider. First the Redskins offense played so pitifully poor in the first half the Eagles actually ran far more plays that any of us really imagined. Look at those numbers and yo will see the Eagles played an entire offensive game of football in the first half. They were just as worn out as the Redskins. Second RG3 and the Skins are a good football team and they were playing at home. Lets not forget that was the Redkins Savior's first game back from injury he was a little gun shy early, but once he mad a couple plays that helped him out. Third is Chip Kelly let off the gas. The team did as a whole. Partly they did, because they were up so much and partly it was due to the fact the offense was worn out. I hear a lot of Skins fans say if the game had 5 more minutes they would have won, but if the refs didn't decide to give them seven early points it wouldn't have been that close. The Skins can take any moral victories out of the game they want to. It still shows up on the record as an L. This is were I would have taken a shot at the Cowboys, but we both know you aren't a fan of that team.
  • Oh and you have room to talk. The Giants turned it over 6 times and STILL almost ended up stealing that game from you.
  • These are the kinds of games Romo wins. Early meaningless victories, but in the long run he'll be choking again.
  • Here's a fun fact for Cowboys fans. Monte Kiffin, their new defensive coordinator, Chip Kelly owns him. Kelly's offenses at Oregon averaged 600 yards and 50 points per game vs. Kiffin's defenses.
  • No need to worry, because there aren't any Cowboys fans left on YB. In fact I'm sure all of them were in fact the same pathetic troll who made IDs to have a chat with himself.
  • When the night is over the Eagles will STILL be leading the NFC East.
  • So far 38-16... Eli sucks!
  • Lol.
  • Tono Romo wanted to tell this joke, but he fumbled the delivery.
  • U get a pass that was funny as hell
  • Joe banner back to work cutting and slashing with that loser team in Cleveland. He got good training in Philly but the fanbase in Cleveland is going to go nutz. The Browns is all they have.
  • I can't believe he traded away Richardson like that. I don't know who really won out on that deal, but it says a lot about Cleveland to give up on their number one pick after only one season. In the long run leaving the Browns will improve his career.
  • Who got the better deal? Really? That move could propel the Colts deep into the playoffs. And Browns get a 20 something pick. Thats called cost cutting. That franchise is in a death spiral.
  • Very stupid deal unless he has an injury no one knows about and he's hiding it well enough from the colts cause he wants out of Cleveland that bad. He's a guy u build around. He isn't AP but who is? They want a new qb but they would still be able to get him with Richardson cause he wasn't gonna win more than five games on his own. They could potentially have Boyd or bridgewater AND Richardson. It makes no sense to trade him. Bad move.
  • Joe Banner- a liar , athief a ***** and a hatchet man. Thats his only role to act like a little weasel and try and fake the fans of Cleveland out. He is garbage. Always was and always will be.
  • The Colts got the better deal.
  • I love black women. That's all I've ever dated. I even married one so I'm not interested in your site. You should try a different site if you're legit. It might work for you.
  • that cleveland deal was stupid---you have a r-back stud---get a qb and build your team----trent richardson--is in heaven,he will run like a beast in colts system---who made this happen banner or lombardi browns organization,is a joke---the eagles need to get a little stout at olb and safty---and bigger body at nose tackle--bill davis knows whats going on---he studied under dick lebeau!!!
  • Funny stuff Easy. Chip Kelly's players are really embracing the change. This is one of the best threads you have ever had on here. Chip is turning these individuals back into a football team? Yeah they look like a dream team. He's re energizing the fan base. It showed the other night with the yard posting the brawl videos. Does the Eagles still have problems? I think you meant to say Do the Eagles still have problems? The fans are excited about the Eagles again. Just look at the threads on here. The Eagles have no talent by Hollywood and then your thread Hollywood is right the turds have no talent. That sounds like pure excitement to me.
  • Three games into the season I'm not dumb enough to condemn our coach, but three seasons into the Cryboys nightmare and countless Romo letdowns some people just don't get it. It's obvious a REAL Cryboys fan would right Potter? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most confrontational sports interviews

12 managers who are on the hot seat

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

Introducing the scale of NFL sadness

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.