April 02, 2013

Come on Big Red

Being that he spent over a decade as an Eagle and im sure he still has love for this franchise, can he, just might he make a little phone call to one of his Eagle buddies and give them a tip on who he is going to draft no. 1 overall??? Do front offices usually tip eachother off to who they are going to pick or is everything kept a secret till they call the players name???  

11 Comments:
  • According to Charlie Casserly they do frequently, but if you go buy what they tell you it's at your own peril.

Just to the right of this article on the EAGLES HOT 25, at #2 is the question: "Is Andy Reid playing mind games?"

If you just do what you plan to do (if there's a plan) then no one can trick you, lie to you, or manipulate you. If you're just reacting to someone else's decisions, then you get whatever they let you have or leave for you.

Besides, even if he has love for the franchise, you can't tell me he wouldn't want this fanbase to be stuck with a loser for as long as he's coaching.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Usually it's all hush hush but it really doesn't matter who they pick. My guess is they want one of the top offensive lineman, but they'd rather trade down a few spots to a team who wants Geno Smith. What with all the QB moves being made recently that may be a pipe dream for the Chiefs.

Raiders just got Flynn, Cards are getting Palmer for nothing, Bills picked up Kolb, Jets QB situation is a disaster but have too much invested in Sanchez, and after that you're out of the top ten. So those teams who were "hungry for a QB" before at least have an option. The Jags could be interested in Geno but they pick second so I doubt they'll call Reid's bluff.

I doubt Reid would move out of the top ten. I think he's hoping for some team to make an offer similar to what the Redskins gave up at last years draft for RGIII. Geno isn't RG though and everyone seems to know it.
  • I think he wants Philly to suceed. He is too stand-up a guy to want the franchise to fail just because he is gone. When he is finished coaching, the Eagles will be the team he roots for.
  • He is a head coach the only team he wants to succeed is the team he coaches. Maybe he'll look fondly them when they win and say "way to go guys" in his head, but deep down all he cares about now is getting the Chiefs to win a Superbowl.
  • People chanted for his firing the year his son died. Instead of sympathy and taking it as an off year he was treated like he robbed us of something.

Yeah, I'm sure he and Tammy will continue to have warm fuzzies for the people here for years to come.
  • The Chiefs have earned the right (if you can call it earning) to pick first in this draft. Honestly I don't think Andy wants to pick first and would love to trade down. I think this draft has solid players who can be selected in the middle rounds, and there aren't many guys in this draft one would say is a can't miss player. So Andy will take his time looking to try and work out a deal to get his second round pick back from someone. In any case two other teams choose prior to the Eagles. They still are going to have to wait. Don't be surprised to see teams at least try and trade out of the top five in this draft. I bet the Eagles are considering as much as well.
  • Andy coulnt care less about Philly. Hes gone and wont even think twice about burning us. Screw that phat phuck drug dealing pimp. Andy is about andy. If it helps him he will do it. Phuck everybody & anything. The self absorbed jerkoff wont change now. His son is in a casket six feet under and hes calling offensive signals the next day in a morning workout. hes real normal.
  • What else is new?

Signs your MLB fantasy season is already doomed

Redrafting the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft

The greatest moments from non-playoff NBA teams

Five-round NFL mock draft

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

10 jaw-dropping stats from the NBA season

The longest homers of the week

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.