October 27, 2013

Don't Worry About Having To Root For The Eagles To Tank The Season.

Because at least at home they look awful enough to do that own their own even if they aren't trying. 10 consecutive home losses. That's flat out ugly. No that's fugly! For two straight weeks it seemed our offense just couldn't get out of neutral. The Linc is an advantage for away teams. The fans in the stadium seem apoplectic to the point where they seem to angry to boo now. Everyone is just going through the motions. If Lurie thinks he will keep the stadium filled this way then he has another thing coming. I don't know if this stadium was built on some old Native American cemetery or something, but I feel that Joe Banner's brain child should be destroyed and remade into the VET 2. Beat up AstroTurf, rats, leaking ceilings, and a raunchy 700 level to boot. At least we won football games at home back then.

12 Comments:
  • The Vet was a rat-infested dump, but it was our rat-infested dump.
  • Thats right! Careers got ended, and people almost died there, but nobody wanted to play there. Remember Wendell Davis?
  • I'm a little young for that one, but I do remember that crazy railing collapse at the Army-Navy game one year.
  • The Davis injury was so horrific they said both his kneecaps ended up in his thighs. Then there was Irvin. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The bottom line is the team and the field were tough. Not anymore.
  • The Linc actually wasn't a bad homefield during the mid-2000s. Those teams with McNabb, Westbrook, Trotter, and BDawk had character and conviction. Those guys would never let this team go this soft. The thing I miss the most about this team and I think is the biggest indictment against Reid as a HC is the total and utter eradication of this team's identity.

Those teams from the mid-2000s were just so tough-minded. I remember when team's were shaking in their pants at the thought of having to come into the Linc and play the Eagles.

This year, at least, I'm giving Chip the benefit of the doubt. Today made me wonder though. Some of those calls he was making out there were just bizarre. It makes me believe that he really had no faith in his offense. They just really made me scratch my head. There really is a lot of deadwood they need to rid themselves of. If we could replace Roseman, I'd do it in a heartbeat as well. I don't trust some glorified accountant making personnel decisions. Unlike Lurie, I'm not naive enough to think his hands are clean at all.

This team is now forging a new identity, but it will be a while before Chip can truly call this squad his own.
  • GG I wonder how far down this path the Eagles can go with Kelly before it's too late. Is this really the best way to go? Kelly must step up and show something, because right now he seems to be more or the problem than the solution.
  • The last two seasons have really just broken me. I'm no longer having fun watching football anymore. Just going through the motions is just a hollow feeling. I want to have a reason to be invested. Having a new coach was exciting while it lasted, but now it's truly starting to set in just how damaged this team really is and how long it's gonna take to fix it.
  • I think we all knew how bad this team was, but we refused to admit it openly often. This team thanks to a series of Andy Reid/Roseman/Banner poor drafts and worse free agent acquisitions is void of enough talent. It's why I believed they should have stuck with Kolb back then. He would have been bad and the team would have been also. Perhaps bad enough to place us in the Luck/RG3 mix. Instead Reid hitched his wagon to the Vick train and it wrecked, but good enough so we got stuck in a sort of football purgatory where we are a bad football team, but not bad enough to get the player we need at the top of the draft to make us better. We finally get a top five pick in a season where there wasn't a consensus top five of players. The best thing Kelly can do right now is to keep losing. Keep up the very questionable decisions, and position himself to possibly get his young QB from Oregon.
  • Of all the teams in the city, I think the Sixers may be the only ones with the right idea. It's so obvious they're tanking for Andrew Wiggins. Sometimes to get better you have to hit rock bottom. It seems horribly disloyal but I'd actually want them to tank. It's the only way they're going to get anywhere near a worthy franchise QB.
  • :-(
  • Stadium full?I t wasnt even full for the Giant game. I got offered tickets but declined. This is a full on disgrace. I told you what Lurie was doing but you laughed. Watch him sell this big fat honey pig. Its not worth jack sh*t. Lurie is destroying any hope of a near future turn around. I cant wait to hear the winds of silence blow in that monument to Philly decadence. The vet was the place but they turned it into a pile of rubble for this Mylie Cyrus esque flame thrower house. The Linc is a joke and fake place.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Lester unlikely to return to Boston

Steelers RBs arrested together

Report: Suns looking to trade Eric Bledsoe

No evidence of cancer in Jim Kelly

Best gift ever given for a jersey number?

Kent State center dies unexpectedly

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.