June 26, 2013

DUCK, DUCK, MURDERER.

LET'S take stock of 2012-2013 so far:

The Eagles have Ike Turner Jr. and the worst Burt Reynolds impersonator ever.

The Lions had Titus "Chernobyl" Young.

The Ravens gave a second chance to, and were quit on by, Inmate Number: Frequent Flyer a.k.a. Rolando McClain.

The Browns have a murderer.

The Patriots have a murderer.

You know who's roster DOESN'T include horizontal stripes?

The Raiders. 

It's NICE to be on THIS side for a change.

11 Comments:
  • I don't get why Hernandez was cut. All he did was follow the patriots way aka destroy the evidence.
  • LMAO!!

Videotape + Patriots =

OMG! What if he get's away with it and there isn't so much as an asterisk?!?!
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • The three best things to have to get away with murder: money, fame, and/or big knockers/small waist
  • Unfortunately for Hernandez he has three bad things working against him. Snitching friends, a ton of evidence, and no alibi.
  • After the arraignment, I was left wondering where the defense has to go from here. The prosecution has a bunch of circumstantial pieces of evidence:
    1)Hernandez on tape departing with the victim and a gun
    2)Hernandez on tape returning with the gun (victim absent)
    3)Tracks at the scene matching the car
    4)Dirt in the tires matching the scene
    5)Riga in the victim matching the time period between the departure and return
    6)The GPS signal from Hernandez's phone, showing the PHONE at the scene during the victims estimated time of death
    7)The GPS signal from the PHONE located IN THE CAR returning at the same time Hernandez did (confirmed by the tape.)
    8)The tape showing Hernandez exiting the vehicle where the PHONE that was at the scene was.

Though the prosecution CANNOT find the gun matching the .45 bullets or casing recovered at the scene, the sudden disappearance of this gun that Hernandez was seen holding (ON TAPE) will appear suspicious to any juror not on life support.

There is so far no SOLID evidence pinned to Hernandez but Odin Lloyd didn't lay on the ground and simultaneously stand up and shoot himself in the back. However if I was a juror, TO ME the evidence puts him there when the guy died. At he VERY LEAST he was there, and helped to cover it up. THAT is conspiracy to COMMIT first degree murder and then some.
    If Hernandez DIDN'T do it, then he should have called the cops on whoever did. But now....he gon' prison, y'all.
  • Brady for fantasy sleeper??
  • Looks like you spoke too soon flip. The Raiders now have the Drunken Samoan.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/35950/Raiders--Maiava-busted-for-assault-in-Hawaii/Default.aspx
  • Nice while it lasted though.

If he isn't convicted I hope the team imposes a STIFF fine or even a one to two game suspension on him. That is IF they even decide to keep him. LB is a crowded position on our roster, and like I said about Maiava in my SHAKING OFF 8-8 post: "There's Kaluka Maiava a starting OLB from Cleveland (for whatever that's worth); as well as Nick Roach a LB who filled in for Brian Urlacher." http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/shaking_off_8_8_and_4_12/13966054

As well as when I said in my CONCERNS post: "So right now there doesn't seem to be a solid answer at MLB, despite several players who can man the spot competently. FA Kaluka Maiava seems to be the guy for the moment." http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/concerns_about_the_front_seven/13867823

I am by no means, a fan. More to the point, it makes no sense to cut McClain and let the next guy go with a barely a shrug.

I'll wait to see how the criminal justice system handles it, (since like the Jason Peters and LeSean McCoy incidents, that is how the NFL does it); but if the criminal justice system shrugs at it, I'll be disappointed if the team(s) don't step up and send a message to their rosters.

Mind you, I don't care what kind of disciplinary infractions OTHER teams allow, but I want MY TEAMS to run tight ships.
  • I don't know what you expect the teams to do outside of the CBA. If the courts don't have a problem with it the team could, but their punishment can go no further than what has already been agreed. With that being the case The Rock's cousin isn't on the same level of players as McCoy and Peters. As such teams likely wouldn't treat them the same.
  • No one said they had to go outside of the CBA.
    Teams still have mechanisms to discipline players. I simply want them to use them.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.