February 04, 2013

Eagles Fans Overwhelmingly Want Mike Vick Gone!

So I was checking out the Philly.com site to see if there was any new information on possible coordinator and coaching candidates for the Eagles when I came across their poll of stay or go, and Mike Vick with over 9,500 submissions was nearly 85% for go! Nick Foles had less votes (a little over 8,100) but nearly 90% of the fan base wants him to stay. If Mike Vick is Chip Kelly's guy, then he will be sending out an extremely unpopular player. Despite Vick; the fans really have love for the Eagles skilled position players as  nearly all of them all of them were given a stay. I guess the fans forgot about the 16 points per game the offense was putting up. Either that or they mostly blame Vick for all of the problems. My guess is a combination of the two. 

Another very disliked player was Danny Watkins. 80% of the fan base that polled wanted the guy gone. When you are a first round pick and a healthy scratch how can anyone blame the fans for wanting this guy gone. Besides Desean Jackson many of the injured players polled very well as for fans wanting them to stay. Jason Peter and Kelce were well over 90%, while well over 90% wanted Dunlap and Bell gone.

The fans were very fond of the idea of Keeping Trent Cole despite his sub par season. The fans wish to see all 4 secondary starters gone by huge margins. Jeff Lurie himself now only garners a 50/50 split. Howie Roseman is the most unlikeable by the fans as over 80% want to see him gone. Don Smolenski just got the job and the fans are already fed up with him too. There seems to be a lot of unlikeable players on the current Eagles roster, and fans are extremely unhappy with the front office. I'm sure the raising of ticket prices will only further the fans growing dissatisfaction with Jeff Lurie, and if they are forced to watch another season of Mike Vick there could be an all out mutiny.

13 Comments:
  • Belichick's response: "To quote Buddy Ryan, 'If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them.' I've got to do what I think is right, and I've been doing that. I know this team is headed in the right direction." http://www.character-education.info/resources/BelichickGetsCriticized.htm

"I'M A MORON! I WANT A WR!"

I only post this to make the point that the F.O. rarely hears what the fans want. They in fact were deaf to us in the 5 years leading up to the 2004 Super Bowl appearance.

Put bluntly: Prepare to be ignored.
  • You used the word " rarely" and there are occasions when the FO considers what the fans want. We are fully aware that Chip Kelly is going to do what he thinks is best for the team. The funny thing about your comment is had the FO listened to the fan base we may have been to a few Bowls instead of one. We haven't been back since we had an elite receiver. It was often that way with Reid. He always seemed to be behind when it came to such things. If Vic returns and plays like he normally does then we can expect a lot of booing next season. The guy has lost nearly as much as he's lost as an Eagle and people (very few people) think the guy is the solution to a problem that has commenced since he's been under center here.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • what is the FAN???? and whos the Coach????sure fans have a say....But who is on the field running the team???
    we are going to have to as the Beatles song said"LET IT BE"
  • I'll agree with flip also when he states that the Eagles don't care what we as fans want. I've stated the same thing myself. I highly doubt they look at these polls and if they use anything like this as guidance it would worry the hell out of me. They need to cut Vick because they know it's the right move not because we as fans are calling for it.
  • There's an old saying that goes, "When you start to listen to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them."
  • Im just going to sit back and watch....watch if there is any magic from Chip Kelly going from school football to Pro football
  • I perfectly understand they won't make a decision off what fans think. I all but stated as much. Just pointing out there have been times they have agreed with the fan base. Attempting to get Reid to become more fans friendly. Firing Reid and other things. I am also fully aware the Eagles in their isolation are very much aware of what the fan base is saying and thinking. They may not make changes because of fans, but they do want to be perceived as an organization that has it together. None of that changes the fact fans want Vick gone. The fan is still the customer and if the customer isn't satisfied, then the customer will stop going. Then Lurie won't have a choice but to listen.
  • They have their guys who they leak stories to. Many of those stories are false though. All I know is that few fans will be upset if they ship Mike Vick out. I know there are a lot of people who have their own agendas when it comes to Vick, but not me. He paid his time for his past crimes. His terrible play on the field is what matters to me. If he can improve that then he's worth keeping. Heck can he even stay on the field anymore? How many times did he get hurt last season alone?
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

New Redskins stadium in the works

Ranking the top 10 NFL running backs

Josh Shaw admits faking rescue story

Writers talk KD's big sponsor choice

Boxer in custody after shooting cousin

Gordon a contender for AL MVP?

Second-year NFL breakout players

Boris Becker's gross case of tennis elbow

ESPN 'regrets' Sam showering report

'Madden 15' has hilarious glitches

Gordon's suspension upheld by NFL

Ned Yost rips Royals fans for poor attendance at games

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.