February 11, 2013

Eagles Make Vick Earn It!

Reports are surfacing the Eagles have resigned Mike Vick to a one year contract. It was a move I didn't see coming, but I have to admit was a great idea. Now Vick has to once again earn a long term deal from the Eagles. He now has to prove himself deserving or he will be gone with no future financial attachments to the Eagles. If he does have an outstanding season next year I believe the the Eagles could stil franchise him. If Mike Vick has to come back then this is the perfect scenario for him to do so. Now he once again has to prove he deserves the big dollars. Will 2010 Vick emerge or will he continue down the path to regression? In either case the Eagles hold all the cards now, and now Vick and Foles have to prove they deserve the staring job. The competition is open. May the best man win. Maybe Chip Kelly, and Roseman are geniuses after all.

17 Comments:
  • Open competition? Your funny! You think they want the distraction of Vick on the sideline. I dont think so. It will be Vick GTD and spot. break out the #7 jersey. Oh thats right GTD yuou wont support Vick if managemnt chooses Vick. What happened to the guy that supports anything management does if it included putting in Kolb or getting rid of Mcnabb. You on board with Vick or not. You gonna cry your little racist eyes out because you were wrong again. Its Vick. Thats the head coaches call. he knows Fole is a bum. You support or not . fair weather fan today? Im laughing . This is great news. now we can win.
  • You don't think this is an open competition? If Vick gets outplayed by Foles in the preseason he's gone. This contract all but guarantees that. If Mike Vick is better he's going to have to prove it. If he's still good then your idol will have nothing to worry about. By the way I do find it funny that someone who calls other members of the team "bums", openly roots against the team, calls for boycotts, and gives more praise to the Eagles rivals than his own so called team has the nerve to call any fan fair weather. I'm still not convinced you actually are an Eagles fan. Nothing you have ever written has proven that.
  • Don't you get it? If he's moping on the sideline he would be done. That is the beauty of this new contract.
  • Why are you typing to Eazy like you're typing to me, hollywood? Is it really that hard to imagine that Eazy and I feel the same way about a few Eagle points and also thinking you are a bit bizarre? Just about everyone on here thinks your strange so that shouldn't come as any shock. Don't bring racism into this because if anyone on here is racist it's you! You are the one constantly bring up race when trying to make some of your stupid points, you are a racist and a pig! You just keep making me go back to your "America's team is Mexico's team" post, don't you? That was a piece of work...maybe I need to try and search for it and see if I can somehow copy and paste your post at least. I want Michael Vick gone because he has been horrible for the past two years not because of the color of his skin! If he is back I will root him on but will be extremely skeptical...yes, I can do both!

"Great news and now we can win"? Yeah, just like the Eagles have won the last two years!
  • Stop whining . its getting annoying
  • I'm simply discussing a football move (besides discussing a racist pig) and not making up bogus claims about the football team I claim to like. No whining involved...I'll leave that up to you once Kelly starts making a move or two you don't like or the Eagles start building up the losses this year. It's bound to happen because it's what you do.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I get that. I really do, but don't misunderstand me here. I'm not on a root for Vick campaign like some people who can't seem to get off his knob on this site. All I'm saying is the Eagles lowered their risk with this guy, and he's going to have to prove himself. If he doesn't then he's gone as it should be. I know what he did and didn't do last season. This is a move by Chip Kelly to keep his options open. Vick could still be traded or released, but now they can do it with little salary cap backlash. From a business standpoint they didn't what's best for the Eagles.
  • as for this Oregon football fan ? im going to watch and see how chip does as coach no use in getting all riled up??? hes the coach and thats that.
  • I don't see why people are upset over the fact that Vick will have to work to earn his job. There aren't a lot of options for this season coming at quarterback without the Eagles having to risk something in return. They have freed themselves from the crippling contract of Vick and if he doesn't get the job done he's gone. We still are likely to see Vick benched for one reason or another next season. That's if he can beat out Foles in the first place.
  • aww no I was making a point ...damn the sensitivity on this site???? geeesh
  • Read this one too HollywoodRaider. CAN YOU COMPREHEND WHAT I'M TELLING YOU YET?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Ned Yost rips Royals fans for poor attendance at games

WATCH: Fan's terrible first pitch

Patriots players 'pissed' about Mankins trade

WVU QB's first kiss: Saban's daughter

Report: NHL to Las Vegas is 'done deal'

Wolves owner takes shots at Kevin Love

The best NFL players by division

Gallery: NFL Players and their dogs

Shaw mentioned in burglary report

ESPN's questionable Michael Sam report

Josh Gordon decision already made?

NFL rookies who will make an impact

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.