November 30, 2012

Eagles organization is Dirty Vick is not still hurt

I mean i already think half of our fanbase has an IQ below 20 but isnt it against league rules to fake injury.  Never in the history of mankind have i ever heard of player been held out for a concussion for 3/4 wks. That is beyond stupid and shows how low down and dirty this organization is.

I hope they lose every game because of this. Nobody is stupid,they have tried for years to play us like we dont know whats really going on. Earlier this season they claimed Watkins had an anckle injury that has been nagging him for a while which was B.S truth was he just sucked.

17 Comments:
  • Your right and Ill take it it a step further. They put that line together to get Vick hurt. They didnt even block for him. They are all of sudden better for Foles. This organization and lets not forget the owner are pure scum.
  • Read your comment a few times and let it sink in, hollywood. Try to figure out just how stupid it sounds. I (along with others) have told you that Vick holds onto the ball too long. Are you really that ignorant that you can't just leave it alone and instead try to create an absolutely stupid conspiracy theory when faced with the simple truth? The line seems better because Foles gets rid of the ball quicker on most plays. Vick's style of play (and his insistence to make something happen on every play) sets him up to get his bell rung. There is nothing more to it! Why would the Eagles set themselves up for possible punishment when all they have to do is bench him and cut him next year (which by the way, will happen)? Stop playing the fool!
  • The avg time a QB has to throw is around 4.3 seconds Vicks was 1.7 seconds. Quit lying everyone knows he didnt have time to throw.
  • Khaled Elsayed of Pro Football Focus wrote a piece for ESPN Insider today attempting to figure out exactly what might be to blame for Michael Vick's injuries. He generally exonerated the offensive line and found that Vick does take an inordinate amount of hits when he's running (as many as much bulkier QBs like Tim Tebow & Cam Newton), but one stat really jumped out at me.

Average time in the pocket. Only Tim Tebow (3.7 seconds) spent more time in the pocket than Vick (3.2 seconds) last season. And the rest of the top 5 reveals the problem. #3 Cam Newton (3.1), #4 Christian Ponder (3.0), #5 T.J. Yates (2.9).

All rookies. Guys who don't really know what to do with the ball yet. That's who holds onto the ball as long as Vick. Elsayed explains why this is such a problem.

Vick held onto the ball for an average time of 3.2 seconds, 0.4 seconds per play longer than the average NFL QB (2.8 seconds). This may not seem a lot, but with Vick dropping back to pass on 500 designed passing plays, his line spent an extra 200 seconds in pass protection than it would have for a standard NFL quarterback. In raw numbers, that's like spending an extra 71 plays in pass protection, greatly increasing the chances of giving up pressure.

That said, he does point out that Vick gets hit as a passer only slightly more than league average and notes he takes far more hits as a runner than average. But as we've seen, his injuries have come mostly from the pocket, so getting rid of the ball quicker would save him from more dangerous hits in the pocket, even if he doesn't change his running style at all.

The new body armor is nice and all... But getting rid of that ball will go a long way toward protecting Vick as well.

I got this blog from bleeding green nation and I have heard the same from the hosts on WIP and have read NUMEROUS articles throughout Vick's time here. Most fans know what is going on with Vick...the paople that refuse to embrace it are fools like you and Supa who are rabid Vick fans and can't let go of the fact that he just isn't that good and brings on a lot of the punishment that he faces himself. This was BEFORE this season even started yet and is based on last year's numbers..things haven't changed.
  • While I doubt we would have needed numbers to tell us that Michael Vick holds onto the ball too long, considering our eyes can tell us that, is it at least interesting to see to exactly how long Vick takes to throw in relation to the rest of the league. Pro Football focus timed the drop backs of every NFL QB this year and came up with the "time to throw" stat.

"Time to throw" might be more accurately stated as "time it takes to throw" as it measures the time from the snap until the QB either releases the ball or is sacked.

It should come as no surprise that Michael Vick comes in 2nd in the NFL in time to throw at 3.12 seconds per dropback, trailing only rookie Russell Wilson. That Wilson is a rookie is no coincidence. Of the top 6 QBs in terms of time to throw, 3 are rookies and one, Cam Newton, is a second year player.

No top or elite QBs can be found in the top 10. Aaron Rodgers does come in at #11, but even he's closer to 2.7 seconds.

To take it a step further, PFF found that 2.5 seconds to throw the ball was a sort of optimal time for pass protectors. Vick only gets rid of the ball within 2.5 seconds on 39.1% of his dropbacks, 2nd to last in the league. When he does get rid of the ball that quick, his completion percentage rises to 68% and his QB rating is 92.5%. When he holds onto the ball longer than 2.5 seconds, his completion dips to below 51% and his QB rating is 66.5.

And just to put that in some more context, that QB rating is 2nd lowest among the QBs who hold onto the ball for greater than 2.5 seconds on the largest percentage of their dropbacks. Point is, Vick is worse than a lot of QBs when he holds onto the ball.

When Vick holds onto the ball for greater than 2.5 seconds, his completion percentage drops by 17% and his QB rating falls almost 40 points. That's a dramatic difference. As far as QB rating, it's the most in the NFL.

That said, before we think any of this absolves the offensive line, Vick has also been sacked 5 times within 2.5 seconds, which is the 2nd most in the NFL. Still, Vick's average time between the snap and the moment he's sacked is over 4 seconds, or 3rd highest in the leauge. So he's certainly not doing the line any favors either.

Check out the full piece, there's some really interesting info in there.

This was also taken from Bleeding Green Nation and backs up what I have been telling you for some time with numbers from THIS year (it's dated November 8th which is probably right around when Vick got hurt) and they don't correspond with your claims that Vick has only had 1.7 seconds to throw. It actually states that he has 3.12 seconds which is second only to Russell Wilson who is another quarterback (a rookie, mind you) with mobility.
  • I should just let the two of you sit in your filth together but I feel the need to make sense of your BS, like usual. The two of you want to jump to your accusations to "protect" the player you openly backed so much you didn't even take the time to check out the facts. The Eagles don't decide whether a player passes the test that Vick keeps failing...the NFL does. Vick hasn't passed the baseline to get past stage 4 in the battery of tests players need to pass to get back to practicing...a computerized printout gets sent to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center where it is graded independently. He must grade out at the same level of a test he took before the season started. If he can't get past the baseline test NFL rules don't allow him to move to Phase 5. Why don't the two of you stop jumping to conclusions and look up facts before you start your whining. If the Eagles wanted to bench Mike Vick right now they would simply just do that. They have no reason to try to justify him not playing...his play has given them plenty of reason for him riding the pine along with his concussion. By the way if you want to read an article stating all I typed here and more go to ESPN.com and look up "Mike Vick Says He's Working to Return" by Dan Graziano. You can also look up "Eagles say Health Only Factor keeping Vick off Field" on Phillycom. I'm sure you'll still whine after reading the articles and try to justify your accustations with more BS. That's what you guys do.
  • Funny GTD we should believe everything we read. The commissioner works for the owners doesnt that small little tidbit factor into your equation? Of course not. Everything the league asys or does is gospel according to Mr. front office man.
  • You ask me if you should believe everything you read and instead of believing the logic you read you choose to believe the BS that Supa posts and a few speculative blogs on the internet? Supa's theory would not make any sense unless Vick was playing well and we all know that isn't close to being true (and your "theory that the whole line and the coaches are in on not blocking for Vick is just absolutely STUPID!). Try a little truth sometimes hollywood and stop trying to make crap up that no one but a fool would believe.
  • Here they sit at 3-8 arguabbly the worst team in the league. management has all but bailed out and Im supposed to believe they are the "gold standard"? They coined that term not me.
  • Like usual you go way off track of what we are discussing. Do I make too much sense for you, hollywood?
  • Whats the excuse for Foles? And hes getting protection
  • I haven't stated that Foles is playing better, hollywood. That hasn't been our discussion. My argument has been that Foles isn't taking as many hits and that is backed up by your ridiculous claim that the line must not have been blocking for Vick because it all of a sudden seems better.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • That's the problem with conspiracy theorists, Spotella. They never really consider the other side or logic when discussing their beliefs...they just go hard for their angle. We at least know that hollywood and Supa don't anyway. What good would it do the Eagles to get Michael Vick hurt when most of the fans will be thrilled to see the Eagles walk away from Vick and his contract right now? With everything that is going down in the NFL (bounties?...head injury concerns) why would the Eagles open themselves up to possible punishment when all they have to do is simply bench a quarterback who hasn't played anywhere close to good enough for the big contract he was given? Why would the Eagles ask other players and their coaches to get involved in a conspiracy to "take out their quarterback" and not think that eventually some type of word wouldn't get out getting them all in trouble? Why anyone wouldn't figure that a decimated line that has only 1 starter left just isn't good enough is beyond me. Hollywood is just one strange dude who wouldn't know what the truth was if it smacked him in the mouth!
  • This may be the dumbest article ever posted on YB. Supa couldn't let his true colors hide for that long could he?
  • He posts that most of the fanbase has an IQ below 20. Nothing funnier than someone taking a shot at other people after posting an article this stupid.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.