March 14, 2013

Eagles sign Kenny Phillips and Cary Williams

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.  It appears Eagles have scooped up a couple of credible players.  I like the depth idea give me two more on D and Ill shut up.   I mean solid ones.

29 Comments:
  • You jumped the gun on getting mad with the front office FA has only been going for 48hrs you gotta let them do their work. They've not redone their secondary, added a solid d linemen and a versatile hard working offensive weapon. they aren't the biggest names out there but they are all really solid signings
  • He's always mad at the front office. He seems to take what the Eagles do personally even though he admits to not spending much money on the team. Like I stated before...he just likes to whine.
  • n as of 5 oclock pm we r close to signing connor barwin dream team
  • aww common man don't start saying that again
  • with all these signings someone needs to. plus soap already said they r gonna shock the world
  • no one needs to say that... ever. sets the bar too high, can only create disappointment. I will say these are really good signings and i'm excited to see them get on the field.
  • ill say barwin (if we get him), casey, soap, n phillips(when healthy) r good signgings. the others r just so so to me
  • so why say dream team if you are only saying four are good
  • just lots of signgings all the signgings back then werent good. ronnie brown was washed up among others
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Connor Barwin too! I like that we're bringing in guys that are still trying to make a name for themselves.
  • exactly these guys are either proven hard workers, or guys who are hungry to prove them selves, or both either way they're all great signings
  • Right now I think we have made lateral move. If we can get an OLineman and maybe a DL and WR or TE I think we can compete in a weak division. I think Eagles are not laying down. Its on Vick
  • We just got a TE how many more do u want?
  • why do we need another WR?
  • ill still take darick rogers in the draft we r gonna need 3 solid wr not avant just out there jogging around. have desean n rogers outside with maclin in the slot
  • WR like the second to last thing that needs to be addressed. HB being the last. Avant and Cooper are solid guys and who knows how Kelly will have em line up. I'm all for drafting a guy later on like 6th or 7th round but this team has more pressing needs then WR.
  • Just got a guy somewhat highly regarded coming out of college in Arrelious Benn. Nice size, good speed but oft-injured and hasn't made his mark in the NFL. Maybe a new home and Kelly's system can wake him up.
  • Personally I think Pollard would have been a better choice than Phillips.
  • Hes an intimidator. Thats something this defese has missed for a longtime but he has personality disorder and injury issue. I guess a good persoality disorder might help.
  • Phillips has a bunch of injury issues as well. As long as Pollard can pay the fines I got no problem with the hits. This team needs an intimidating presence and Pollard would have bought that. So far even with all of these new additions they still lack that. Delmas is a guy who brings some wood too. Even an old Adrian Wilson brings more stick than the guys we have right now.
  • It was a hit on Ridley that saved the superbowl. But his body of work wasnt that great. Usually he would have a good hit or two a game. He was an intimidator. Apparently he fell out of favor with ownership as the player rep. Not sure what happened but he was a fan favorite.
  • Ken Phillips could be a good safety, but who really knows how he will bounce back from injury on a team already filled with players trying to bounce back from injuries. The last time we took a player from the Giants returning from injury (Steve Smith) it didn't turn out so well for the Eagles.
  • sept 5th still aways away
  • WOW look who finally figured out when the season starts!
  • and frankly chip kelly wont give a hang what we think...
  • We all know that.... Well most of us do.
  • AND HOW MANY ARMCHAIR COACHS WILL BE ASKING FOR COACH KELLYS HEAD?? EVEN THOUGH?? THE SEASON GETS UNDERWAY 09/15/2013????
  • It's already started, but most of them have comprehension problems and swear they know more than everyone else.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.