December 27, 2013

Eagles Verses Cryboys Isn't Just Win And In.

Chip Kelly the forward thinker realized the Bears game was very important to the Eagles. Not only did the game mean the difference between being a three (possibly at the time a two seed), but he also realized that if by chance the Eagles and Cryboys tie THE EAGLES WIN THE TIE BREAKER and make the playoffs. For the Cryboys it's win and they are in, but for the Eagles thanks to crushing the Bears are win or tie and in. Chip Kelly once again has surprised me with his forward thinking. It feels good to finally have one of those types of coaches on our sideline. Kelly hasn't been perfect this season, but the Eagles got it right with this hire.

3 Comments:
  • I agree with you on this. I never even thought of a tie. I think Chip has been very smart in his approach. I think he understands saving the best for last. He dug into his playbook vs the bears and I was impressed with the offensive scheme and design. It was a very exciting offense. I have liked Chip from the beginning and have appreciated his well thought out process in the Foles vs Vick selection process. he did things the right way. Vick gave way to Foles and thats a good development because Vick was given a fair opportunity to showcase what he could do. Vick played like a backup and thats why he is the #2. And Im good with that because he deserves to be there. But we shouldnt malign the guy because he is a great #2 to have at this juncture. I see no problem signing Vick as a backup next year and contyinuing with Foles. Kelly played that QB situation the exact way I would have and he is benefiting by showing respect for veteran players that give 100% to the organization. Thats was something Reid never could do and he paid for it. Reid will eventually split his lockeroom in KC and fold. Chip has shown he is about coaching.
  • Kelly has made some mistakes this year but he's definitely shown that he thinks things out. I love the fact that he isn't stubborn and doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice...part of the reason I think the Eagles won't overlook the ailing Cowboys this Sunday night.
  • @Hollywood: the other day McCoy called Chip a genius, and said he completely trusts him. I can't recall a time he ever said that about Reid. This team likes each other again even when they are bickering on the sidelines. Remember all those player only meetings? They are now gone. Last season with or without the injuries the team was a dysfunctional mess. Reid did nothing to stop it. It's good that he's gone and I could careless about what happens to KC. As far as Vick being back I think it will come down to money. It would be a smart move on Vick's part. It could keep his career going a few more years, by being the good soldier/teammate. Personally I don't have much of a problem with it, because Vick has the right mindset for it.

@Green: Kelly continues to impress me with how he continues to evolve. He's changed his offense to better suit his quarterback, and he's gotten his running backs to finally go North and South. Andy Reid would have thrown the ball 40 times verses to Bears and after the loss would have come up with some poor excuse of how he saw something in film to exploit and the next words would have been do a better job. On a side note I noticed flipflop stated that he predicted the team (last season) to be a playoff team barring injury (his escape out), but did he realize that even when they were winning they only averaged 16 points a game? Also that defense wasn't injured at all and they were terrible! There's no way that team would have made the playoffs. Their coach quit on them, Nnamdi stunk, and nobody knew how to tackle. With that being the case Nick Foles was out there playing with 7th round picks and undrafted rookies and still completed 60% of his passes for the season. He had no coach, no line, only Maclin as a weapon, and he was still putting up solid numbers. Still flipflop thinks he's right about Foles being traded. You can't fix stupid.

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.