November 04, 2013

EAGLES WIN BIG, BUT I'M STILL IRKED.

14 POINTS

Despite the avalanche of TD's scored yesterday, all I got from LeSean McCoy was 14 points for one of my fantasy teams (BAD TOUCH FAP FAP). You would think in a game like that, that he would MUCH more involved. 

The RAIDERS putting up their customary 20 or so points also saw Denarius Moore get me his customary 80-odd yards. Some weeks it comes with a cherry, but not yesterday. That put a difference of 5.8 points between both of my players. Don't get me wrong! I'm winning 118.65 - 99.65, and I have Matt Forte left to play, while my opponent is out of gas, but it would have been nice to see Shady erupt for 25+ again. Especially in a game like yesterday's. 

But then again a win is a win, and I have this one in the bag.

BTW: Irony of ironies, this week my opponent Double Moves has the RAIDERS logo as his teams symbol. My opponent next week Cheesehead Divas, uses the Packers logo. Mine:

It's a puppet who bad touches this woman and then well...fap faps.

Hilarious video.

14 Comments:
  • McCoy is clearly not seeing the same holes he saw early on. Teams are playing the Eagles differently. It's gotta be part of the reason for the 2 TD-Less games. I think it took Chip some time to adjust his play calling etc..

He sat there and said he didn't change anything but one can clearly see that we ran the ball less and saw some more screens etc..

So in time, McCoy will be back! But right now it's a week to week wait.
  • AND IT'S KILLING ME! LOL!

I have other players who compensate but I'm clearly not the dominant monster I was early on when Shady was terrifying DC's.

Fantasy aside, Foles just had some of his in-game items sent to Canton this week. If he can get the rest of him there (as an EAGLE), I'd be more than glad to be wrong about him not fitting here. I don't doubt that Foles can play (I did start him Week 7 after all (3.5 points)), but based on what Kelly said he wants to do here, and based on the run game since Vick went down, I get the feeling that we'll be taking a QB rather high in May.

Lurie said either someone has to step up or they have to bring in a guy. Foles has so far acted like he wants to be that guy.
  • We won't be taking a QB in the first round unless we lose every game here out. Maybe the early second round or maybe we trade back into the late first round to get a guy...

But we won't be getting the top 2 guys. It's at best Johnny Football or Taj Boyd.

All depends on how Foles plays, but for me.. I'd rather not go QB at all if it means those two players.
  • I'm thinking round 2 whether Foles is still on the roster or not at that point. Possibly a move up get Marriota if his stock rises. We've seen that Kelly likes his Ducks!
  • Mariota is going 1st overall. it's pretty much set in stone. Simply no way to get him at this point. That dream has sailed.
  • I wouldn't be so quick on that one. Two things teams look at when drafting are: system vs player, and how many serviceable pro's that program has churned out at that position. Oregon has a HORRIBLE track record with QB's. Seeing him fall to the second round (especially in such a deep positional field) wouldn't be unheard of at all.

Even if he sucked I could see Kelly giving him a try here for 2 reasons: Jeff Maehl and Dennis Dixon. The idea that he may be coveted only leads me to think that perhaps the EAGLES might be willing to package a player and their pick to move up.

Even if Mariotta does go #1, a swap with Jacksonville for the #1 spot for Foles and the EAGLES pick is all too easy to envision, since it gives the Jags a proven NFL commodity and Kelly gets a running QB for his run game.
  • I highly doubt we go qb early on unless foles comes out n just sucks the rest of the year. I wouldn't mind if we acquired another 3rd or 4th round pick and got Stephen Morris from the U. He's got good size good speed and can make good throughs. He's not a super star, at least not yet. He could thrive in Kelly's offense. I'm just praying we don't go Johnny romo. Tahj Boyd in the second wouldn't kill me but I don't think it's necessary since we could address the secondary problems or oline. Kelce still sucks and Todd is getting old and peters is no spring chicken.

So far my draft would go:
    OLB Anthony Barr
    CB Loucheiz purifoy
    WR Allen Robinson
    ILB Denzel perryman or safety kurtis Drummond
    Safety Kenny ladler

I know no offensive lineman but this defense needs to improve badly.
  • Tough loss Flip but it's the NFL dude. That could be the loss that lights the Raiders fuse and improves the team. You never know.
  • Charles Woodson said that they were too busy "reading their own press". The RAIDERS didn't take care of business and got punched in the mouth. Just one more step in building a winning mindset.

It's actually rather reassuring. All offseason they heard that they were undertalented and couldn't compete, then they go out and build a top 10 Defense. So yeah a couple heads got swoll, and they didn't do what winner know they have to do. They didn't keep their foot on the gas.

I expect MUCH better this week vs. the giants.
  • I sure as hell hope they play better. If foles and cooper can put up three tds, Eli and nicks shouldn't have a problem. That's not even talking about the best WRs on either team, just the big bodies.
  • I get the feeling that the RAIDERS will help the EAGLES 2 weeks in a row.
  • I hope your right. Terrell Pryor is my fantsay QB
  • Pryor has thrown what 5 TD's all year? Pick another QB. Pick one up on waivers. I think as a TEAM the RAIDERS will help the EAGLES. (And maybe Rashad Jennings).

I wouldn't expect much from Pryor as a passer this year. Especially with the Offense never hitting it's true stride yet due to injuries to our O-line.

Also nobody has yet to step up and say "I'll be the other threat". Someone has to alleviate the pressure on Pryor to be the guy to make all the plays. The EAGLES did that to McNabb and we were good, but once they got him Terrell Owens, BAM! Super Bowl. I think the RAIDERS need to get a guy to be Starsky to Pryor's Hutch, instead of Robin to his Batman. Partner not sidekick.
  • Cooper is still on the Eagles for a reason Dawk. You don"t score three td's in a game for no reason at all. You have to have talent. You don't throw seven td's either in the NFL. Foles and Cooper may have a chemistry that Vick didn't have. They are good players and that offense was clicking. The Raiders need to go back to the drawing board. I was surprised by the score but I have to say the Eagles offense looked good. Bad game by the Raiders but next week is another game.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaoches

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

The longest homers of the week

25 greatest moments from 'Saturday Night's Main Event'

Most egregious MLB All-Star snubs

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.