October 31, 2012

Eazy Will Not Take It Easy On The Eagles.

First and foremost Happy Halloween everyone. Be safe while you are taking your kids (or Grand Kids) out Trick or Treating remember to be safe. Now as soft as my birds have become I for one will not be praising them for doing a poor job. You can't take the heat of the Philly fans, then you don't belong in Philly. If they want the crowd to cheer them, then they better bring it and stop looking like bums at home. Andy may pat those guys on the back and tell them that they are doing fine. Semi-Pro football players may pat them on the back and say they are doing fine, but I like THE MAJORITY OF TRUE EAGLES FANS AND IKE REESE WANT THEM TO SHOW ME THEY ARE GREAT AND STOP TELLING ME THEY ARE GREAT! Until they do more showing instead of telling, I will be letting them know the truth. If the hurts them, well that's because the truth hurts.

24 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I was an Eagles fan before anyone in the current organization except Harold Carmichael. I support this team before any of these clowns became Eagles and will continue to be one after these overpaid underachieving bums leave. Not one of these guys should have the audacity of questioning any fans loyalty. Especially a clown who has played for 5 different teams and has only had two good seasons in his entire career. Go run with the bulls and never come back Babin.
  • like it spot.Thats a good point.
  • I think I can take losing, knowing the team is working hard and moving in a positive direction. Right now they seem like a rudderless ship full of pirates blaming the other guy for the loss of the rudder while they drift away at sea. 7 weeks into the season and three straight losses later, they finally decide to hold a players only meeting. Way to be proactive guys. Before they Falcons game it was reported that Andy Reid gave a rah rah speech which is something he never does, and they promptly laid an egg. New DC tried to rally his troops and they ignored him as well. They have tried all the cheap tricks. If they just worked on the simple fundamentals then maybe they wouldn't be this bad. unfortunately working on the fundamentals would take away from their twitter, finger pointing, and patting themselves on the back time.
  • You can't leave them, because you love them, but sometimes they have a bunch of guys surrounding them that makes us not like them.
  • I thi nk the Eagles have teams that werent as good but even those teams gave an effort.
  • I think effort is what Philadelphia's fan base wants more than anything. That's why guys like Chase Utley has gotten a pass for so long and Jimmy gets heckled so much. The fans don't like a lack of effort.
  • That's what it comes down to. And that's what angers me about the Eagles new anti-fan campaign. Last season they had players bullying fans when they underachieved. This season they have taken the fight to the airways and Twitter. If this team showed this much fight on the field they would be undefeated.
  • Desean Jackson mentioned how he and another player were upset over the fans booing. Well we as fans are furious at him for smiling on the sidelines while they are getting their heads handed to them by the Falcons.
  • His leadership potential has dropped significantly. Hes a punk right now and you know Im a big jackson defender.
  • Yeah he's never been a leader on or off the field. Diva yes. Leader no.
  • Absolutely agree with both of you. Never once have I seen anything that led me to believe Jackson has leadership skills.
  • He's a show boat who has cost the team some needed yards
    and even a touchdown in the past. At least that guy was
    a playmaker. The current guy is nothing more than an
    over priced decoy.
  • So I wonder what was said at this team meeting (more talking and less working) recently held by the Eagles. Have they decided to pick up the campaign to rip their own fans at a more fervent pace? Did Trent Cole, Babin, and "The Tapper", go on and on about how great their almost sacks are? Did McCoy say he's got to get back to dissing Osi? Did they file a official petition against the refs in Atlanta that basically cost them the game in their eyes? The real question is will it matter? I mean none of this sideline garbage means a thing. What matters, What truly matters is what happens on the field. Stop talking and put in some work.
  • Exactly. Like I wrote earlier in Dejavu All Over Again. We have been here before.
  • Many of you have mentioned your disenchantment with Jackson. I agree that he is a talented receiver, but I have always said he is a classless punk as well. That stuff catches up to a player in the long run. When he scored that TD that cost Matt Dodge a job as the Giants punter he showed just how much of a classless punk he really is. Instead of doing what a True Pro would do and just get his ass in the end zone, he reinforced the kind of player he is.
  • I'm not as upset with Jackson as I am with Maclin. I didn't like Jackson's antics, but at least when was doing them he was making plays. I have bigger issues with the first round pick who supposedly was going to have a breakout season. We are 8 weeks in and it hasn't happened yet.
  • The truth Easy is it's not always about the talent...it's about the pump, the heart....the burning desire to be the best. Maybe Maclin doesn't have it, but you never know.
  • Maclin's draft position tells me he has talent. I just don't know if he has the will to be great. I just think he's happy with just being good.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.