July 26, 2013

Five Things That Could Surprise From The Philadelphia Eagles.

1) The Offensive Line

The line last season was borderline putrid. So many players were lost and several young players disappointed. This season if the line can maintain it’s health could be the strength of this football team. Now the Eagles have the players who are capable of keeping hands off their running backs and quarterbacks.

2) Tacking

Last season the simplicity of tackling was more troubling to solve for this team than the meaning of life. The players couldn’t get out of their own way long enough to lay a hand on anyone. This season the Eagles have added a few guys who don’t mind sticking their hats into the pile in an attempt to bring a player down. As terrible as they were last season anything different would be an improvement

3) Red Zone Improvement

This is a team that has struggled on short yardage and in the Red Zone for years, but now the team has improved the talent at tight end as will as improving the size of the receivers. Now the Eagles wont be the predictable mess they have been inside of the Red Zone. Although Vick starting could be a hindrance due his small stature, throwing to some of the guys they have now could help him, and that’s not to sell short Shady McCoy who was one of the best short yardage backs in football when he had Jason Peters blocking for him.

4) Nick Foles

I believe Foles is going to surprise some people. I feel like he’s going to push Mike and Barkley real hard to win this job. I feel that when this season starts we as fans are going to feel a lot better about our quarterback situation at that point than we do now.

5) Chip Kelly Is Going To Be A Great Dynamic Coach

I believe Kelly is going to become a great head coach that will be an innovator in this league. He is going to turn this team around and it may happen sooner than people think. Kelly is a man who thinks about nothing but football. People for now (naysayers) scoff at Kelly’s changes, but soon everyone in the league will be making those changes. Kelly is going to prove his doubters wrong.

15 Comments:
  • I hope ur right about foles but I just think Kelly wants a mobile qb like Vick and the interview I read today about sliding makes me think that even more.
  • You read and article he's sliding! Holy crap please post that link. Even if Foles isn't named the starter I still believe he's going to go all out. I think Mike will be a better quarterback because of this competition.
  • About Kelly's view of sliding
    http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Chip-Kelly-The-Best-Ability-Is-Durability/cc569009-278f-4f33-ada5-c4b1ebb46904

U can read it for urself but what I took from it was Kelly is trying to teach them when n how to slide. He brought in crazy coaches already maybe j-roll will be in their soon. He ain't doing much anyway.
  • That's pretty much how I felt about Mike adding the 4 pounds of muscle. It's not going to help if he keeps putting himself in harms way. That means he needs to know when to just throw it away, make the quick read, and know when and how to slide. He takes took much punishment trying to extend plays, running and diving instead of sliding or getting out of bounds. Just too many unnecessary hits for a guy his size. He reminds me of Allen Iverson to that effect. At some point his little body is going to break down if continues to play the way he does.
  • I think his little body is why he is so proud of those four pounds. Also about the quick decisions i have to say it isn't all his fault. We all know Reid didn't put in any hot routes for when the blitz came. Vick did have a tendency to miss the hot route in atl but with all the good Reid did for Vick as a passer I'm amazed that he didn't do that for him.
  • No hots, few audibles, few receiving options, and poor blocking. It's true Reid did him little favors, but I still don't trust him. Now I heard he looked really good today. I hope he can keep it going.
  • Under a new coach n being pushed Vick shines. He's a great competitor it's something he loves to do. For all the him not wanting to share reps showing he doesn't wanna compete talk it showed me he is a competitor n one who wants to win. One who wants to be ahead. One who wants to be the best. It's something all the qbs should want. It will be hard for foles to beat him out IMO.
  • That's what I want to see out of seven. A guy who can't be beat.
  • With that being the case he's going to have to prove he can maintain it.
    We all have seen him talk the big game before. Just like he said he would try to slide before then he promptly reneged on his word returning to just being himself. Being himself is the guy who the Eagles will not win with.
  • Add Foles to that Hoying, KK, and EZ list of losers
  • Hollywood is there a day that goes bye that you don't hate yourself so much that you can look in the mirror?
  • Hopefully we see all 5 of your surprises pan out and the O-line one should be already taken care of as long as they stay healthy and with the drafting of Lane Johnson. We have to remember that all these things don't have to transpire day one no matter what some people on here type.
  • I don't know how many of these things will equate to immediate victories, but I do believe all of these will surprise. The people who feel Foles has no shot might not be saying that once the games start. Certain person(s) on this site have been killing the line, but I think the line is vastly improved. When it comes down to it I am looking at the positive. If somebody has issue with looking at the positive then are they really fans of the Eagles?
  • no. real loyal fans are guys like you that sold their soul to back Kevin Kolb over Donovan McNabb. yep thats your definition of a fan right?
  • I sold nothing. I have repeatedly told you that I have no sacred cows. I could careless who wins for us as long as they win. I'm not the one who's angry here you are. Unlike you I don't care about the color, race, or creed of a player. I don't even care if its a male of female. I just want to see wins and I have little tolerance for players I know can't get it done. That same tolerance goes for people who I know aren't Eagles fans and are just doing a very poor job pretending to be. You have never written anything nice about the Eagles. You're a lying piece of excrement.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Fan's terrible first pitch

Patriots players 'pissed' about Mankins trade

WVU QB's first kiss: Saban's daughter

Report: NHL to Las Vegas is 'done deal'

Wolves owner takes shots at Kevin Love

The best NFL players by division

Gallery: NFL Players and their dogs

Shaw mentioned in burglary report

ESPN's questionable Michael Sam report

Josh Gordon decision already made?

NFL rookies who will make an impact

Pats trade Mankins to Buccaneers

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.