November 26, 2013

Foles Is The Guy. Support Or Be Gone.

Vick concedes the spot. Kelly forced to name him the guy for the rest of the season thanks to his play. Some of you wanted Vick to be given the the job as if he's earned something here. Vick deserved to start the season, because he earned. Foles deserved to finish because he earned it. Injuries will dictate what happens now, but is there anyone out there surprised at the fact Mike Vick got injured again? At this point suck it up Vick lovers. Suck it up the group who would rather we draft a guy, because at this point Foles is the guy. As true fans we need to get behind him, this coach, and this team, and show our support. We are winning games right now, and right now is what matters. After two seasons of fruitless football, and one season of winning four meaningless games THIS SEASON we actually are in a playoff hunt! Smarten up people and support your team or just go away.

17 Comments:
  • I have no problem with Foles going forward if he proves in the final 5 games he can lead a team into the playoffs. But winning a few games vs subpar competition doesnt mean the Eagles need to sign the franchise over to him. That would be a disaster if he pulls a Hoying next year. Then the walls come tumbling down.
  • If he pulls a Vick it will go tumbling down. Hoying and Vick equal the same broken promises and letdowns. Neither of them amounted to anything but empty promises. It's a shame you don't see that.
  • I think Vick was there to keep them competitive while Reid was on his way out. Reid broke this team and for some strange reason Lurie thought Vick could bail him out alone. Considering the physical abuse Vick took the last 2 1/2 years I hink he held up his bargain. Wasnt pretty but it wasnt a suprise either.
  • Vick should have been traded, but Reid thought he could make Vick into a player he NEVER was. That would be a consistent quarterback. Mike holds the ball to long, throws into coverage, and doesn't get all of his receivers involved. He can't take a blitz to his throwing hand side, and can't throw from his right. He makes everyone around him worse, but everyone is too enamored with running to see it. He's microwave football. You get a quick burst, but if you leave it in too long it burns up. The quality isn't any good either. You want to say Mike has taken a beating for 2 plus years? Mike Vick is to blame for the majority of that beating for failing to improve a a QB and getting rid of the football too late. Go and look at this season how with the same line Foles is still taking less sacks that Vick. With the same players Foles is scoring in the Red Zone and getting more players involved than Vick. When Vick is out there it's all about Mike, and the team suffers for it.
  • I think the truth lies somewhere in between. You have to remember the line was a mess last year and early on this year. My main problem is with the announcement of Foles as starter "the remainder for the season". Im not sure why you put a limit on a team or a handcuff like that. It makes zero sense since we all know that. Are they prepping the fans for some losses so they can say eat this sh*t we are feeding you. How does it help the team or Nick Foles? It certanly says to the fans no matter what you may want two games doen the road you wont get it. They obviously cant change how they operate because its just an old Reid an, banner, Lurie old act.
  • It makes perfect sense. Foles has earned the right to see if he can be the future here. Mike is NOT the future. Mike WONT take the Eagles anywhere. Chip understands Foles gives him the best shot. The proof is in the pudding. Chip tried to rely on Mike twice this season alone and Mike's brittles body failed to deliver. On top of that his team was losing with Mike. Mike has earned nothing! He doesn't deserve to be given a chance, because he's blown his chances. Mike has no future here. Why are you so blind to this fact?
  • I'll give you the perfect reason why it was good for Kelly to proclaim Foles the starter for the rest of the year. It's easier to perform when you have less pressure and naming Foles the starter gives him more to lose. Kelly may want to see how Foles performs knowing that this is his team for the rest of the year because if he can't handle that pressure the Eagles will know they have to draft a QB early next year. Just stop with the whining Hollywood...stop the lies. First of all I'm sure it wasn't Lurie that decided to bring back Vick...he left that decision up to his new coach. Secondly, your scenario of getting the fans prepped for losing only works if Vick is winning and Foles is losing...I think you've got that backwards. Just stop, man...just stop!
  • I disagree with all those weak arguments. Its a handcuff plain and simple . It doesnt make Foles any better or worse but only keeps the fans in check. That is why once my son is own his own I wont pay a penny to Lurie. Now if Foles tanks the next two games he earns the right to lose 3 more and end any playoff hopes. Thats some faulty logic there bro.
  • Lol. All those weak arguments? Have you looked back at any of the crap you type? It's easy to type just anything and insist it's right and you've been doing that for a long time on here...bro.
  • So Foles has the right to stink up th joint the last 5 games with no reprecussions. Its about Foles and not about winning? OK loser mentality organization.
  • Sorry Hollywood, I accidentally flagged you. Vick has stunk it up for years. At this point two losses and they're out so when would you pull Foles? After one loss...two? With this stretch he earns the shot to try and get them in the playoffs or fail. If he fails horribly then the Eagles know they need to look for a QB in the draft next year. This needs to be about more than just this year.
  • Meanwhile Mike Missanelli is the only man left saying to dump Foles
  • Spike Eskin says he's absolutely positive that the Eagles will be drafting a QB early in next years draft. Some of these "experts" have too much pride to admit they've have been wrong. Foles could end up falling flat on his face...stranger things have happened but until that happens (if it does) I'm going to enjoy the ride.
  • There is always going to be these groups of people who think they are smarter. Foles could have a great 10 year career as a starter and in his eleventh year completely fall off and those morons will say see I was right. Don't be surprised at the actions of Eskin's son and the guy who let his mouth get him kicked off WIP, because we've seen on this site people with far less credentials act the same way.
  • Someone told Spike the other day that he learned from his father...could be true.
  • His father never liked anyone he couldn't use for something. Good riddance to that guy.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The most overrated NFL players

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.