November 18, 2012

Front office- BOUNTY ON VICK- Easy to get under the cap just drop your biggest salary and poof .

Real simple-   Dont protect Vick.  Get him hurt.  Get rid of salary.   Is it possible?  I find it hard to believe that someone in the front office isnt celebratiing the new found money for next season.  They are always under the cap.  Can anyone show me where they have ever cut salaries to get under the cap ?  I thought so.  Hasnt anyone ever told you to just follow the money. 

31 Comments:
  • You're asking a silly question. Every season salaries are restructured and players are released by ALL teams in order to stay under the cap. Show me ANY case where a team hasn't done that. You can't and you won't. So the Eagles just wanted to hurt Vick so they can cut him? Do you realize how stupid that seams? If that's the case then THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM! A classic case of Holly-whining.
  • This one is really reaching. I did some research. Vick is the 8th highest paid player in the NFL this season and he's only in the top 10 for turnovers and he leads the league in Red Zone turnovers. In 2010 Mike Vick was in the top 10 in nearly every quarterback stat. He was was also one of the best in the league that year in protecting the football. To me clearly what has happened is after Mike Vick came back and the league teams wasn't sure how to play him and he killed them early. After teams started to get film on him again they began to game plan him and slow him down. Mike Vick never adjusted and has been a mostly mediocre quarterback ever since. To make matters worse age is catching up to Vick. He's not even the running threat he used to be and defensive lineman are running him down from behind. No conspiracy here. Just an aging, fragile, mediocre quarterback.

NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT VICK HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HIM?

You don't have to take my word for it. View the FACTS on these sites.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/highest-paid-players-in-nfl-in-2012-forbes-082712#tab=photo-title=Trent+Williams%252C+OT%252C+Washington&photo=31288197

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2011
  • To be fair, Reid and his game plan and the pitiful offensive line have also played a part in this but the biggest factor IS Vick's play and for hollywood to try to ignore this FACT and put the blame only at Reid and Lurie's feet is ridiculous. Vick just isn't good enough and there is NO way the Eagles should even consider keeping him in Philly especially at his current price. Time to cut their losses and move on.
  • Oh there is plenty of blame to go around green. The coach is PE #1.
  • He definitely isn't in the running for coach of the year to put it mildly. This team has given up. How do you NOT help a rookie QB out...offensive line penalties, drops (freakin' Celek), bad playcalling which includes a once again pass heavy pass to run ratio...pretty much nothing has changed including the quarterback play...Foles has not looked good. Stating that we both know the importance of seeing what they have in Foles the rest of this season. One more loss and they have NO shot at the post season...let's see if the Eagles need to draft a quarterback in the 1st round next year and/or pick one up via free agency or trade.
  • sounds familiar except you dont blame the QB. Why?
  • I stated plainly and clearly that Foles didn't look good at all...I also made it plain and clear that I NEVER said that it was only Vick's fault so don't turn this around. You actually want to blame everyone except Vick. I'm willing to blame everyone INCLUDING the 10 year veteran quarterback who had very similar tpe games than the rookie making his first start.
  • you squarely put most if not all the blame on Vick. Your a pathelogical BSer
  • Never, ever stated that but he is a big part of the losses this season just like the ROOKIE Foles was today. I blame Vick mostly for his pitiful play...you want to blame everyone else EXCEPT Vick.
  • I am a little concerned about who they could draft at quarterback. The Eagles picked the wrong season to suck at the position. The team is so bad as a whole that it may serve them better to trade down and acquire more picks. The safeties are brutal and so is this offensive line. The defensive line is a waste. So many holes and not enough picks or cap money to fix it.
  • They sucked at that position last year also but I get what you mean. We'll see what they decide to do. Don't know who is available by free agency or who may be had by trade. There aren't ever any locks when picking up young quarterbacks. There are many more Leafs out there than there are Lucks.
  • I don't see the "can't miss" guy coming in the next draft.
    They would serve better to improve the entire roster. They
    would also do better to fire Howie Roseman and get a real
    GM. Stop playing with these money guys and get a football
    guy in there.
  • "Can't miss" guys don't come around too often, Eazy.
  • In this past draft there may have been 3-4 of them.
    We'll see how it plays out. We know the Chiefs will be looking quarterback.
  • They never had to cut salaries because of Banner who played the cap better than most in the NFL. If Vick would have proved worthy of that big contract the Eagles would have worked his money into the cap somehow (renegotiation?) but he didn't and that is on Michael Vick. Why would the Eagles try to get Vick hurt? Why would they open themselves up to possible criticism or getting in trouble with the league when the simplest thing to do is just bench the man when he is not playing well? You and your "theories"...why do I waste my time?
  • Cap jabber again? How the Eagles are so great at it? I can see by how they play its great.
  • Cap jabber? Did you or did you not bring up the cap?...I thought so.
  • This is all a good thing in my opinion. The end of the Reid era is near. He tried, he failed, and now it's time to move one. Unless you are a Reid supporter there is no reason to be angry right now. Foles is playing and that's a good thing, because now we can find out if the kid can play or not. So far not so good, but knowing now is better than waiting yet another year.
  • Exactly!
  • The bad was McCoy getting carted off the field with a serious concussion. Reid has really let this thing go way too far.
  • Going to far was also claiming they were trying to come back and win the game down 25 with 2 minutes left. He's also done it with his quarterbacks. How often in blowouts for either side have you seen the backup in games. McNabb would almost never leave a game no matter the outcome, no matter the score. Freaking stupid!
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I agree. Reid is a dope. Nobody is gonna want this bum. Youll see. All the commentators just gush about them because deep down they are laughing at what a loser Philly is right now.
  • Again, hollywood. Never stated anything close to Reid is a dope or that nobody wants him. Go back and read what you just typed..."the commentators just gush about him because deep down they are laughing at what a loser Philly is right now". What the hell does that even mean and you do realize there are other NFL teams struggling out there just like every year, don't you? You are more out of touch than I thought if you think this only happens in Philadelphia.
  • They should fire him now
  • I don't want him fired anymore! I want him to suffer like the rest of us.
  • Vick will be back because the Eagles have nowhere else to turn. It would bea huge mistake to send Vick packing without a viable alternative.
  • VICK is not viable, hollywood. Give it up already!...actually don't because all you are doing is cementing what I have stated about you in the past. You are all about your opinions and nothing else!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

10 bold predictions for the 2014 college football season

Eight fantasy picks who will suck if you draft them

Ranking all 54 NFL primetime games

50 Cent's funny challenge to Floyd Mayweather

Cheerleaders of the AP Top 25

'Johnny Clipboard' shirt is perfect

Colts GM calls out Trent Richardson

VY would have returned for senior season at Texas

WATCH: Angels ace carted off with injury

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.