March 26, 2014

GET YOUR NEWS FAST, WITHOUT THE BS!

COUPLE weeks ago I scooped NFL.com by 4 hours with the DeSean Jackson trade story.

Three days ago I put up "The Truth Behind All This", which was 2 days before CSN reported on the Eagles 2015 financial trouble.

At 1 a.m. today, I put up an article saying he's still being moved, which was 6 hours before the Geoff Mosher Tweet where Kelly says he "likes DeSean".

Y'all need to click that follow button my site!

23 Comments:
  • Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports the Eagles have made it known that Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis is available via trade. This according to a source informed of the situation. Rapoport added that Mathis has been placed on the trade block due to his high salary of $5.15 million due in 2014, and that he is looking for a new deal after an oustanding season in 2013.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/41518/Eagles-place-Evan-Mathis-placed-on-trade-block/Default.aspx

So much for that idea Foles will have the same offensive line for a few years.
  • I already clicked it Flip.
  • We have no financial troubles. We will have like 40-50 million in cap space next year.
  • I think they like to factor in the future phantom value of Nick Foles using Drew Brees numbers.
  • It's cause as of right now we have 144 million on the books and the cap is expected to be 140 million. But with cutting cole Ryans Williams herremans Casey celek we reportedly save 37 million. By my calculations with numbers from over the cap .com cutting them with keeping celek we save 28.6 million. Someone's numbers are off there. Overthecap.com numbers are constantly off. So my guess is their numbers are off cause my math is correct.

Foles cap hit will be top end 10 million.
  • Foles numbers won't move until 2016.
  • WWHOAAA!!!! Not even close to it! http://eaglemaniacal.com/2014/03/23/the-truth-behind-all-this/
  • Nothing against ya Dock but I'm going to trust Overthecap.com. The Eagles are in financial trouble. Peace.
  • Actually they are. You seem to be bringing the cap number down with your projected cuts even though your cuts you think the Eagles will make are probably close. Another one you didn't mention is Jackson who will almost certainly be gone but as the projected numbers stand right now they are in trouble. It isn't a great place to be in because with your projected cuts the Eagles will need to find a steady TE to replace Celek, a starting guard (maybe two if Mathis gets traded but I don't think he will), a solid middle linebacker and a starting corner...throw that together with their needs at safety, a pass rusher or two and them dipping back into the receiver pool this team better get lucky with their later picks besides making solid choices in the earlier rounds the next two years.
  • It's going to take a great deal of effort and a lot of unpopular moves to undo the damage Howie's done by Week One next season.
  • Although not popular with most fans this scenario is exactly what I keep trying to get across to Hollywood when he cries cheap. The Eagles (and every over NFL team) can't just keep throwing money at all their stars and signing top tier players at every position of need. I get going for it all once in awhile when things seem aligned. The Eagles did that in 2004 with Kearse and TO and also tried it again in 2011 with their free agent frenzy...came up 3 points and a couple of McNabb picks short one year and simply should have known better in 2011. Byrd or Ward would have been nice but not when looking at how many cuts the Eagles will already have to make next year.
  • The funny thing is how everyone praised Howie for keeping our guys. This guy is still in charge and I'm not sure if he should be. Questionable drafts, signings, and resigning of old players. This team appears to be taking a step backwards. With that being the case how can anyone really state the Eagles are in a cap crisis when I see the friggin Redskins trying to sign our player? I call BS.
  • Call BS all you want...The numbers are there and the Eagles will have to replace some steady if not spectacular players with cheaper signings in the next couple years. I've been typing this to Hollywood for years. Reid gave Herremans and Cole some nice deals on his way out, they traded for Ryans who has a somewhat heavy cap figure, throw in pro bowlers Peters and McCoy (20 million plus between them...Jackson would have made 30 million plus) to the steadily increasing salaries of the other vets and the Eagles are over next year AS OF NOW. Of course they will make moves to get themselves in a better financial position...they have no choice but some of the decisions they make will probably be unpopular. Almost makes you miss the Joe Banner days, doesn't it?
  • I recall saying that the Eagles would have no luck for how they ran Banner off. Who knew it would manifest this fast.
  • He wasn't popular with how he got things done but when have the Eagles ever been in this kind of bind with Banner making the deals? "Banner's a creep for nickel and dimeing players", "Roseman sucks because he makes bad deals". It really Is true...you can't make everybody happy.
  • A bunch of crap. Name one player other than McCoy thats seeing any real dollars. This is the smokescreen. 2015 LOL. They let go of Jackson and they got worse this year. Thats all you need to know. Add the 25 million or so under cap last year to the 30 million under this year and what to you get? A cheap owner named Jeff Lurie.
  • Trent Cole is seeing real dollars, but there's no guarantee he makes it past preseason.
  • Peters is also. Vick could have been if he wasn't an oft injured turnover machine and Jackson also if he could have acted more professional. Maybe Asomugha if he wasn't washed up? The Eagles pay their players when things are done the right way.
  • Players making real cake in 2015? Here's the list:
    http://eaglemaniacal.com/2014/03/23/the-truth-behind-all-this/
  • Is Cary Williams really making 8 mil and James Casey making as much a Brent Celek? Roseman is a friggin idiot.
  • And so I blame Roseman for this ENTIRE mess.
  • He's the one that's been using Lurie's money like Monopoly money. Whether it's a bad contract to a free agent or a bad contract to your own players a bad contract is still a bad contract. If the Eagles are in cap trouble next season then Howie is to blame. Bad contracts and bad draft picks. How is this guy still here?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Broncos fans really dislike Phil Simms

Chris Davis helps flip truck on highway

How long will Dennis Allen last?

Papelbon gets seven-game suspension

WATCH: Student has incredible dunk fail

WATCH: Tebow makes 'GMA' debut

Kaepernick on language flag: ‘I didn’t say anything’

RG3: MRI results positive, no fracture

Adrian Peterson to play in Week 3

Five QBs who should be benched

NFL Week 2 statistical tailgate

NFL admits refs erred on Harvin TD

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.