July 19, 2013

Have I ever said a coach wants to lose?

Sure a coach coaching any sport will not be negative he/she will begin as Chip Kelly will be trying ,to get the best out the players.

Now as I've said ohh about a zillion times soon to be a pay check, hey don't laugh, but lets find out , lets find out if Chips formula works before we bang bang shoot it down.

yes we can continue to rap the hell out of Andy Reid  like fools but what good does that do, to repeat for those needing braille Andy Is now coaching in KC.

lets try, to let it go and move on...

Eugene,Oregon will soon and very soon be watching a new coach Mark Helfrich and some wanna be coaches are Qc,ing him all  ready.

Chip Kelly has zero experience as a Head coach in the NFL, while Helfrich has none in college.   I've heard the same bantering about this guy for the ducks till I'm sick of it.

Like the high expectations when Kelly took the head coaching job at Oregon lost the Rose bowl and ohh the poor me's came out thinking should we have hired him?

Some wont be satisfied , we forget  it takes time to build a program unless your lucky and already have the ingredient and win.

Last sunday at a Minor league baseball game some snot nosed fan all he did was bitch and moan until I had had it and said hey if its so painful GO HOME .

This thud and many don't understand that single A ball isn't really concerned with winning its teaching young athletes the fine points to baseball, sure the manager wants to win, but its teaching these to get ready for the majors. 

Lets go back to kids sports "KIDS" parents and so many coaches hurt any sport with kids because of the WIN attitude when it should be making the sport oohho I could get banned for typing this word??   FUN?

YES high expectations are going hog wild in Pennsylvania right now but remember in Eugene, Oregon its the same, and are you kidding me to try to duplicate what Chip did, will be hard.

Helfrich as I read is going for more the passing game, while Kelly was more the running.

Some publications have Oregon at 11-1 the first year. 

This sorry is like walking into a toy store and picking up that 8 ball toy and shaking it   asking the question will Oregon win the national title, Or will the eagles under Kelly , fill in the blank? 

5 Comments:
  • Some people believe Kelly's jump from New Hampshire to Oregon was bigger than his jump from College to the pros. As far as the talent of the players goes I would agree, but the jury is still out if Kelly can become successful in the pros. I think Kelly's success will only go as far as far as his quarterback can take him. Meaning he is going to need to stabilize the position within the next two seasons if he wishes to be successful. One of these 5 guys hast to become a quality player for the next decade in order for Kelly to have success. If not one of these 5 then he's going to draft someone who can become that guy. Now he can choose to waste this season on a one year option or he can choose to find out if the other guys who are signed for longer deals can get the job done.
  • And the same as with Mark Helfrich at Oregon NO experience as a head coach at the college level granted a different brand of athlete but No college head coaching to his resume.
    hey I'm not disagreeing its tough to go from one level to the next, another example A high school basketball coach who won a state title , then I think thought that winning a title or at least getting into a playoff in college would be a snap, his final coaching record for last year was 9-21, gee I d be thinking about giving it up. I cant recall his final record but he wqaas at the university for a few years and a terrible overall record so to his credit he quit as coach and the new coach is Luke Jackson who played ball at Oregon and had a iffy NBA career.
  • Making that jump to the next level can be overwhelming for some of these coaches. The worst is many of these college guys use the NFL as a springboard to get themselves to that next coaching job in college. College coaches have a track record of being pretty scummy.
  • and unless many factors play out, Chip Kelly will join that group...

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

2013 NFL rookies who could breakout in 2014

Grading college basketball's first-year coaches

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.