March 11, 2014

Hello Malcolm goodbye Chung

Nice add here.   Hopefully with that huge 26 million dollar cap space we bring in additional help.  This is a good start but hopefully not the final role of the dice.  I think they could use a little help up front and maybe another solid player in the secondary.  We can only get better.

13 Comments:
  • I think they could have had some other guys who are better for the same or less money. Maybe there's something else bigger coming down the pipe soon, but overall I'm pretty disappointed, because Jenkins doesn't solve our problems with poor tackling, he isn't a guy who fills well in the box, and he doesn't get a lot of turnovers. Now maybe Ward took less money to got to Denver, but he's not making much more that Jenkins. We couldn't have gotten both? So far this free agent period (granted it's early) hasn't been all that impressive.
  • Thank god chungs gone. We got donnie jones back and that's great. Malcolm Jenkins isn't that much better than nate Allen. He almost set the record for missed tackles by a safety on the saints last year.
  • Chung replaced with Jenkins.... It's better, but I don't think this move makes us much better. What happens if they bring Allen back too? It could end up being much of the same around here. Well at least we made the playoffs.
  • by no means is this guy a superstar but chung was a glorified special teamer. Anyway you look at it he is an upgrade. i liked ward too but there are some solid veterans out there and there are other positions that could use impact players as well. They have the money , the nucleus , the stadium and the fanbase. there is no time like the present to roll this thing up into a superbowl run. Anything less is a cop out from the front office.
  • They have the money, but I'm having my doubts if they are truly willing to spend it. I heard this Jenkins cat was 2nd in the league in missed tackles. I doubt it will change now that he's here. I feel like they overpaid for him. Just cause he's better than Chung doesn't mean the Eagles have improved their defense all that much.
  • Ive told you that they are in it for the profit. Its ok to make money but this organization has been afforded every perk a city can give them. They need to show commitment to winning that superbowl by filling out this roster. Right now, like you and how Ive always felt, this team is blowing smoke. They need 2 key defensive players for me to pay notice. Look at Denver. making real moves. Broncos owners willing to make that push. lurie is a fraud.
  • This is a solid move.
  • THEY JUST NEED A SAFTY not give up big plays and cover down the field---and come up in the box,and not SCARE TO HIT SOMEBODY,chung and other nate allen,never put a hat on somebody,jenkins has those instints--and still cover like cam chancellor in seattle. The offense is deep,the defense's need to stop top notch offense for three and out---and take control of game,thats the eagles plan---the olb are big and strong with connor barwin and free agent pick ups---to blitz qb---ala dick labeau---I see what DC bill davis is doing---dept and speed.
  • Desean Jackson for a third round pick??? I sure hope they try and get more than that.
  • some advice for this team. keep him. 3rd round pick? thats called cost cutting. this would be an irrational move. You ant make any sense out of it. over 26 million under cap and this makes sense? Eagles arent even sporting a defense yet. Now they want to hack away at the offense. The Sproles deal looking pretty lame if it was a setup for Desean release.
  • I can't understand what the Eagles have been doing this off season. I can't say they are a better team even with all of the offensive additions. If they get rid of Jackson I fell they would have actually gotten worse. 26 mil under the cap, no real free agent signings, and moving Jackson? Are they trying to lose now?
  • I dont think they will follow through. I would be very suprised because it would be a very hard sell to the fans. I just think its attention grabbing blowing smoke . They always like to be news worthy. Its a cheap but effective marketing technique. It takes focus off the defense thats really not very good and it makes fans think that the organziation is doing something positive by keeping Jackson. Look at the story itself any qualified "sources" say anything about Jackson being a problem. They deamonize him for what purpose? Ive never seen that happen in Balto except to Kyle Boller. It shows a lack of class by the front office and it sure doesnt build a good relationship between management and the lockeroom. Its a poorly handled soap opera but thats Luries bend on things. He sets this tone. Unfortunately I was hopinhg these types of events left with Andy Reid but apparently its business as usual in la la land.
  • There is a surprisingly high amount of fans who think trading Jackson away is a good thing.
    If it has to be done then so be it, but for a third just seems idiotic.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.