January 17, 2013

HELLO NEW DEVIL. MY TURN-ONS INCLUDE....

LOOKING at the news last night it was mentioned that Chip Kelly is likely to tap Todd Grantham the DC for the Georgia Bulldogs to be his DC here. Thrown in was a mention that the Eagles may go to the 3-4 and might take a Georgia player in the first.

So I looked them up, and there are 2 Georgia players ( an OLB and a NT who's caught my interest) that look to have a first round tag on them; but one of them (OLB) has had a neck injury that will likely sprout complications down the road later in his career.

My first thought was, "Aaaaaa, the Eagles will pass on that." Then it hit me. They might not.

We don't know a thing about this team anymore. 

In our favor neither do our opponents, but all of our arguments are based on a devil we knew. Banner, Heckert, and Reid.  Now it's all "I hope. I hope." With Chip Kelly cast in the role of Barack Obama!

Tidbit:

I read this just this morning about Todd Grantham.

Reports also indicate Grantham was in the mix before Kelly was named the coach, which led to speculation that the new coach would not have a say in who would be on his staff.

They wouldn't. Would they?

7 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • GENO SMITH OR MATT BARKLEY
  • Matt Barkley at 4? I highly doubt that.
  • I've seen him lasting into the 2nd in some mocks but after seeing some of the QBs drafted in the 1st round over the last couple years I don't see him falling out of the 1st. He probably has a better shot at a QB needy team taking a chance on him in the top half of the first unless he has a horrible combine and Pro day.
  • I think the new Eagles theme song should be
    the lovin spoonfull "did you ever have to make up your mind"
  • I HIGHLY doubt the Eagles will take a QB in the first round. Roseman is running the show so I'm almost positive if OL Luke Joeckel is there at #4 we take him in a heartbeat.
  • The NFL Network had him going 1 to the Chiefs. I was shocked at that. They had the Eagles taking a corner which makes some sense considering they are no longer tied to DRC. Still 4 seems high to take a corner.

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.