July 12, 2013

Hey Bozo Just Shut Up And Let Kelly Do His Job.

If Chip Kelly isn’t ready to name a starter then he shouldn’t. In fact he’s wise not to. I think he’s testing the mettle of his team and his players. If players are already cracking of the pressure of not knowing whom the starter is…. Wait let’s be clear here. Mike Vick didn’t crack because of not knowing who the starter was he was frustrated at the fact he had to share reps with Foles. His motivation wasn’t for the betterment of the Philadelphia Eagles rather it was for the complete selfishness of number 7. Moving on, Kelly has every right to demand his players give they’re all to earn jobs on this roster. Don’t fool yourself. There are three quarterback slots for 5 players. EVERY SPOT IS A COMPETITION.  That means if a guy who foolishly thinks he’s at the top of the depth chart slacks off, and one of the other guys step up then that slacker could find himself off this football team. This team has forgotten how to compete. That’s why they have lost close games in the recent past, why they won four games that meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, why they laid a complete egg in Andy Reid’s last game, why Andy Reid was fired, and why Vick was crying about OTA reps. Where is the heart on this team? Where are the leaders? This team isn’t going to regain the heart or the competitive edge until they start learning how to fight again. Just like Mike Vick has finally learned how to hold a football even though he’s been playing this game since he was a child. Smarten up people. Chip Kelly is right on with this one.

22 Comments:
  • So accoridng to kelly he has till september 7th to make a QB decision. Waiting will do nothing to benefit this team. We have seen the Eagles create QB controversies as a matter of practice. They are the experts but this time I think its just pissing and turning fans off. I dont care what they do but just do it. This lame ass idea that somehow more time is needed to measure the ups and downs is ajoke. he has tons of tape , live action and a sense of the lockeroom. And he still needs time to decide. Nothing is emerging from Chip so far but a lack of direction, organization and loyalty. Pick the guy get the team moving like a ship in one direction. All these little speed boats racing around are just going to keep colliding with one another.
  • All traits you accused Reid of. I'm knew it wouldn't take you long and now with absolutely nothing to go with but Kelly refusing to name a QB. It wouldn't have mattered who the Eagles would have hired...you'd be burying any one of their choices. Even if Lurie sold the team you'd be ripping them. It's simply what you do.

It's the main point, isn't it, Eazy? None of us are guaranteeing that Kelly is going to be the coach to lead them to a championship...most of us are just willing to give him more than a week before burying him like one barker on here did.
  • We are talking about this one aspect. Name a QB. I have not formed anything about his coaching because I dont know anything about it so far but this issue is lingering like a virus and in my opinion it needs to be put behind us. Its a major distraction and nobody wins including Chip.
  • It's a distraction, because one guy made it one.
  • As a guy who's worn football pads I gotta say HW NAILED IT.
  • Naming a QB without making it a competition ultimately weakens this team. If the player who isn't the best get the job what does Kelly accomplish in his rush to name a guy for the sake of naming a guy?
  • I'm sure "Bozo" would be more than happy to let Kelly do his job.....if he, in fact, would DO his job and get around to the pesky little task of letting us know who our QB is????? For $6.5 mil, I think I could manage to make a decision.....
  • Or how about preparing his players better? That would also be nice.
  • WTF is going on here?
  • I got a friend to join! I mentioned how EZ and GTD like to talk more about ME than the Eagles. She came, saw, and wanted to stick in her 2 cents.

NOW I HAVE HER HOOKED. Or rather GTD does. She asked me on Skype while we were on here earlier today "Is this guy for real?" I'm gonna hang back and let her have at him. I've known her since '94, the woman can ARGUE. She doesn't need my protection.
  • I agree with you about prepping the players. I think this QB thing is an easy out and I just think the fans deserve to see a guy like Demaco take on a leadership role. Point these guys out and let them start moulding things. Lets get the lockeroom to have a sense of purpose. Now is the time to strt forming the alliances of loyalty. And be honest to the fans, players and coaches. Its an opportunity that is slipping away by getting bogged down with one stupid decision. I dont care who it is show strength Chip. NOW
  • Who is Demaco?
  • easyEagle I agree why not everyone shutee as Kevin James on King Of Queens once said...
  • "If Chip Kelly isn’t ready to . . . then he shouldn’t. In fact he’s wise not to."

I totally agree with the above (amended) statement. I just hope that when the time comes to prove himself, that Chip Kelly is ready. Philadelphia fans are not a forgiving bunch in general, and he's holding a lot of men's futures in his hands.
  • Moreover FoulMouth I hope he has his players ready.
  • and it was his choice to leave what could have been the next Alabama ....AND IM NOT TALKING ROOL TIDE....IM TALKING OREGON .
    HE SAID HE Wanted to try the NFL so GO
    GO leave try the NFL if it don't work?? don't blame anyone but YOU!!!!!!
  • Vick played himself into a quarterback competition. If he can't handle the pressure of beating out Foles then there's no way he'll lead us on a playoff run.
  • You get it, Brink. Kelly said something to that effect himself. These guys on here that somehow think Vick deserves the starter job because of his 10 years in the league or because he can run and could be a better fit in Kelly's system because of that either have no clue or are hiding behind an agenda. If Vick is the better option he should have no problem showing Kelly he deserves the job...physically and mentally.
  • Kelly recently said nearly the same thing. It's a shame people want Vick to get elite status treatment when his numbers place him in the same category as Kevin Kolb.
  • Flavor of the month
  • I see some new IDs who seem to actually have their own identity. What a promising sign. Brink you hit the nail on the head with that comment. If Vick outplayed the competition there wouldn't be one. The very sad truth is the other guy looked better, and that's the reason why Vick can't handle sharing reps. The other guy keeps looking better than him at it.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Rice: ‘Actions were totally inexcusable’

Dez upset over teammate's deal?

Johnson pulled out of tourney to hang with Paulina?

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

MLB pitcher charged with sexual assault

Breaking down the NL MVP race

Gallery: The best of July

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.