December 30, 2013

Howie Roseman Deserves Some Credit.

He's been a person who has been most maligned for some of his questionable drafts, but over the last two seasons it's clear he's improved as many of his picks have become intricate parts of this 10 win playoff season. It's almost looking as if last seasons draft was loaded with future all pro players. This past draft has had several key contributors, and more than a few starters. The guy who drafted Danny Watkins has figured it out. Now some of his free agent choices haven't been all that great over the years, but he made some solid choices this past season. Howie deserves some credit for building this football team. Hopefully he can continue his solid draft performance.

9 Comments:
  • I like what he did at corner. Williams and Fletcher arent premier guys but they bring it every play. Williams also brings a lot of energy and experience. That pass defense on the 2 point conversions last night was HUGE.
  • I feel you on the corner Brink, but those safeties.... Pat Chung is trying hard to lose games for this team. I can't figure out why Billy Davis keeps putting that guy in man against other wide receivers. They certainly need to upgrade that position in the offseason. Wouldn't mind seeing Orakpo and Byrd on this defense next season.
  • Cowboys owner president and general manager deserve some credit also for hiring Monte Kiffin to be the DC.
  • I praise JJ all the time. Nobody can do a better job of making the Cryboys mediocre than him. Why is the owner hiring and firing the HC's staff? That is the mark of a JJ puppet.
  • Agree Brink. Williams brings Raven toughness with him. He was just as volatile in Baltimore and players feed off it. I dont know what chungs problem is but he isnt where he is supposed to be and is reckless.
  • Williams seems like a Philly guy. He's a nice fit. I've heard some people say we need to upgrade over him in the offseason but I disagree.
  • He plays big when he has too. I agree we dont need an upgrade at CB. I like the three we have in Fletcher, Boykin and Williams. I like Wolfe some at safety but that can alwasy be upgraded. We need more LB and lineman depth. I think if we have Foles going forward we need that Oline stocked.
  • Does anyone else find it hilarious what's happening in Cleveland under Joe Banner? I love how before he left he tried to throw Howie under the bus for the draft misfires in Andy's final years. Look at these last two drafts (2012, 2013) and then look at Cleveland's draft this past year. I think we now see who the culprit was there.

About that Jason La Canfora article around this time last year. I'd be willing to bet dollars to dinars that little worm was behind that smear campaign too. Here Joe. Need a napkin for the egg on your face? I strongly believe Chudzinski got a raw deal in Cleveland. I wish him the best and think he'll get back on his feet. How do you take over a team and can the coach you picked after one year? Pathetic. This is what happens when you've got scum like Banner running your organization. As if Cleveland fans haven't been through enough over the years. For everything Banner's brought on himself, serves him right!
  • Roseman a young gm--did excellent job in draft lineman starting,safty,the only mistake was qb barkley--still an xfile,stock up olb and safty positions,offensive side dept at center and tackle positions--ROSEMANS IS THE MAN--joe banner and Cleveland browns are three stooges--hc one year in out--no person can fixed that sorry program in one year. We are seeing the reason andy reid was sabotage!!!joe banner--bring all those free agents--enough said---holla!!!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.