July 16, 2013

HUGE MICHAEL BAMIRO WILL CLEAR THE LANE.

FOR whatever reason, the Eagles have added undrafted rookie RT Michael Bamiro to the roster. At 6'8" 335lbs, he's big, but after watching some tape of him, I have to say honestly he's probably the least impressive OT I've EVER laid eyes on. 

But don't trust ME, trust your own eyes here.

vs. Syracuse:

vs. Army:

He didn't manage decent looking showings versus Syracuse and Army. SYRACUSE and ARMY! We are not exactly talking about powerhouse programs here. 

So now he's making the jump to the Niffle. I guess as competition for Lane Johnson? I expect if this is "competition" Johnson should win handily and we will all come to feel that he has earned it. 

11 Comments:
  • Maybe he can atleast help with the other giant on FG Block.
  • I PLAYED against better than that. Maybe I should try out. (My annual threat has once again reared it's ugly head.)
  • U go for it and ill be ur agent. If they r giving 7 mil to a qb they don't want I should be able to get u atleast 2.
  • I just read the article over there ------->
    about Bamiro's contract and how 247K of it is guaranteed over 2 years. Apparently the Eagles see him as a long term project and as the article said are willing to be patient with him.

Curiouser and curiouser...
  • Im not much of a scout but he looked ok in those game clips. Very average olineman. A little slow and uncoordinated but he appeared to be doing his job even if it was against lesser talent.
  • Well he has us talking about him. That certainly is feather in his cap. Maybe with a couple years of work, he can be a dominant Guard or the replacement for Jason Peters after his contract is up in 2014.

If Bamiro DOES replace Peters, I expect it'll be as a RT. By 2014 Vick will be gone and odds are we'll have a righty at QB, which means that Johnson will move to LT.
  • probably. he has the size just doesnt appear technically sound. IDK. Flip you should be involved with football at some level. Even with kids as a coach. I think you would be an excellent teacher. i dont know you but you have the right mental approach and appear to be very knowledgable. I think you have a much better feel for the reality of the game than lets say EZ. EZ is too stat driven. If he used that measurement for everything he would miss the diamonds in the ruff. Even GTD has some attributes but hes a follower. Not a leader.
  • I used be JUST LIKE HIM, then I started playing and coaching. (It wasn't a big deal. It was a team I started in H.S. because my school didn't have a team. We went 7-0 and nobody would play us anymore. Full tackle, NO PADS!)

The game is different from the inside, and once you know it, you KNOW it. When I came to pads later, it was almost TOO easy. I sucked at first, but since I KNOW the game, it wasn't hard to improve quickly.

Stats are only a placeholder. They represent and average, but don't tell of the moment. Stats are teh reason you can get people to believe outright lies. It's the reason why Tony Romo is STATISTICALLY one of the best QB's of all-time, yet can't make past one playoff game. It's why Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring despite the fact that he sucked. It's why Terry Bradshaw's career numbers ( http://www.nfl.com/player/terrybradshaw/2510042/profile ) read like an autopsy, yet he has 4 Super Bowl rings and 2 Super Bowl MVP trophies to his credit.

Sports is about MOMENTS, not stats.
  • I agree. Good way to put it. EZ is still making the stats fit his conclusion. dawk is out there gathering at the moment evidence. I go with Dawk.
  • Yeah the problem with the internet and SO many different sports trackers is that you can generally find or slice and dice enough stats to support any argument.
  • Yeah, they drew the conclusion that McNabb wasnt as good as kevin Kolb. That may go down as one of the biggest bonehead moves in Eagle history. The nice thing is GTD and EZ can say they were a part of that history. And even better I can remind them.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB players who still might be traded in August

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Pacquiao likely to retire in 2016

Can Vince McMahon save TNA and WWE?

WATCH: TV station airs unfortunate Ray Rice blooper

Johnson suspended for cocaine use

College football's best coordinator duos

Best fantasy options at every position

Bosh: I was close to leaving Miami

Goodell defends Ray Rice punishment

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.