November 04, 2013

I Guess Riley The Racist Can Play A Little.

Speaking as a black man, and the fact he's contributed little to nothing in the preseason I though Cooper should have been cut. Somehow he was elevated to starter. Then week after week the best compliment that was mustard by his coach was he was a good blocker. Suddenly this guy explodes out the gates with his two best games with Foles under center. It seems clear this guy when he has a quarterback capable of getting him the ball can play a little bit. How odd is it a guy who is on The side of Vick's dominant hand can't seem to get open, until Foles is tossing him the ball. How odd is it Arguable Jackson's best games this season came with Foles and not Vick as his QB? I don't think this many different Eagles caught passes from a quarterback since McNabb was playing. Clearly this offense and these players live up to their potential when the quarterback is putting the ball in a position that allows them to make plays.

23 Comments:
  • Interesting hypothesis but I still will take the win.
  • I support Foles no more than I support Vick or anyone else. My course is the Eagles need a franchise QB. I KNOW Vick isn't that guy. I hope Foles can be, but I'm not sold that he is yet. I will state that I like how he's bounced back from the adversity he faced and frankly he choked away a huge opportunity against the Cryboys. Still if I'm the Eagles brass I give Foles every opportunity to make me a believer. Foles being the man means one less position to draft on a team with a lot of holes to fill. All of us should be rooting for this and wanting this as Eagles fans.
  • This is a reasonable approach.
  • It's cause he's a racist and can only catch the ball for a white man.

In all seriousness I think it's cause he doesn't have the hands to catch a laser from Vick and Vick struggles at putting touch on it. There are plenty of times cooper celek ertz desean maclin all drop easy balls right on there hands. Cooper and celek just do it more cause they can't catch as good as the others
  • Shady couldn't have said it any better last night. When Shady is preparing for Nick Foles he knows that Foles will look to him as his 3rd option. Where, Vick usually takes off at that time.

That's why Shady likes the week to prepare. So he can get ready to be more of a blocker or to be more of a catcher.

Point i'm trying to make here is that Vick doesn't see Djax get open and tends to take off running
  • I also believe Vick takes too long to go through all of his progressions and waits for guy to get through different holes in Zones. Vick does not make anticipatory throws. He doesn't throw a player open (perhaps its due to his lack of touch) and he's very poor at using his eyes and body to move linebackers and safeties. These are simple adjustments most high school QBs now are able to do, but Mike can't. Sure he can run like a gazelle, but his overall quarterbacking abilities are subpar.
  • With fifty of fifty one superbowls won by white quarterbacks Dawk I think there is a good chance that Riley is going to catch a ball thrown by a big white man. In all seriousness Vick can't throw pin point passes like Foles. He definitely lacks the intelligence of a Superbowl winning quarterback. I've said all along Coop was a beast and the brother showed it last week. Kudos to you Riles for sticking up to your racist teammates that wanted yooz gone. Peace.
  • If you use Foles success as a barometer then he should be starting number 1 franchise QB. Is Cooper a #1 WR?
  • Interesting question. I will put it this way. If Cooper finished the season on fire like this I would state that's a good thing, because it means we have TWO positions we no longer need to worry about drafting. That is GOOD for the Eagles.
  • Im not even going to consider that plausible at this point. Hes a serviceable #3/4. But this game makes him a #1 / 2. I suggest that we wait and se if he can put a string together. Thats how you tell the pretenders from the real deal. When cooper puts 3-4 100 yd games with Tds together Ill take notice until then Ill wait.
  • Then we are in agreement. I'm not ready to crown either of them anything, but it would be helpful to the team if both players become great.
  • sure would. I told you early on I have no problem with a winner. If Foles can deliver that would be great. I like that he has been on the bench and has been humbled it will nmake him hungry to succeed. Now he has a taste of what things could be and I think he may be able to elevate his game. had he been thrown in his rookie year he would have lost confidence and failed.
  • We'll see what happens. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Foles turned out to stink or to be great. At this point I believe he's done enough to keep it going despite the fact Vick is injured.
  • Vick was the Great Black Hope in Philly. He was going to be the first black Starting quarterback in NFL history to win the big one and end the stereotype that black men can't throw. It didn't happen. Foles has all the tools to bring Philly their first championship ever. Stop focusing on Riles and Foles and start looking at a talented Philly team.
  • What a strange post by some fake cowboy fan ID. The only hope I have is you get some help for your bigotry.
  • What a strange time to make up an ID "cowboyswin2013"...somehow I doubt that happens. Maybe flip and Hollywood will give him some time since they don't have a problem discussing race even when a topic doesn't call for it.
  • I doubt it, because well you know how they are. Still this is a time to be a little excited, because the Eagles seem to be climbing up the charts right now. What a strange season it's been. We have a giants fan using the Eagles site to praise the Chiefs. We have a Raiders fan (pretending to be an Eagles fan) posting about his team improving after they just got crushed by the birds. We have a guy who's been boycotting the team for years now suddenly start going to games and they win! I'm about to start a "get Hollywood to all home games" fund.
  • Kickstart.com that's all u need
  • Lol I think I better get started then.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.