January 04, 2014

I HOPE YOU GET TO FEEL MY JOY.

AFTER 17 weeks of being up to my elbows in football decisions, it feels weird to be about to simply WATCH a game. It'll feel strange without my laptop being open on the coffee table between us and the TV. Or without seeing the woman cross the room repeatedly to toggle between her two leagues on the desktop.

Harder still is shaking off a bizarre sense of loyalty to players who got you to the promised land. While I need to see the Saints lose tonight, I still hope Jimmy Graham does alright. (For his sake.) It goes without saying that I'll be pulling for Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy. Few things in FF are as sweet as the 12point  score, and when Foles tossed Shady that TD last week, there was no coming back for my opponent. Somewhere out there someone began carving the name BAD TOUCH FAP FAP into history. 

Hopefully in a few weeks the entire city of Philadelphia will feel the elation I did last week. Be great if it were against the Colts. I didn't have any of their players this year.

7 Comments:
  • Even though your team lost yesterday it was a good season for you in fantasy football and in the NFL.
  • Rats.
  • Weak
  • This article sat up here ALL DAY yesterday and NOW you come on to attack it just because the EAGLES lost a game? Come on man.

I get being pissed, but it wasn't me who lost that game. Don't go taking crap out on me, because I'm not mad for the same reasons you are about last night.

We ALL took that "L". It wasn't just you.
  • No I just seen it today. And it's weak.
  • WEAK? Naw man, it's truth! It's beauty-ful! I'm opening up to youse over heah!

You gotta get into the spirit of the fantasy man! Do you play?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

The longest homers of the week

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.