October 16, 2012

I know That Juan Was A Scapegoat, But Remember One Thing!

7 of the last 11 Eagles losses came with the Eagles giving up 4th quarter leads. Despite how it obviously seems like Reid is using this firing as a smoke screen (what has really changed considering they are still using the wide 9), Juan needed to go. He should have never gotten the job, and he certainly shouldn't have been able to keep it. 4th quarter choking is clearly an epidemic for Juan and this team. Football isn't 3 quarters. It's 4 and Juan apparently never understood that. So don't feel too bad for Juan. He's a pawn, but he deserved to be axed. Now the big question is what happens if Bowles (running the same defense) has the same troubles as Juan? When does the axe come down on the big fellah himself?

93 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I don't think anything changes here. Same system, same players, means the same problems. No changes whatsoever.
  • Except someone else is calling the shots. The system didn't fail the Eagles. The players on defense didn't fail the eagles. It was Juan's inability to call the right defense to close out a game that was the problem.
  • I somewhat disagree with that. The players are still the same. Todd Bowles taking over doesn't mean that much will change. Ironically the Eagles CHANGED up what they were doing defensively against Detroit hoping o get pressure on the quarterback, because the week before Big Ben drove down the field on their zones. What's getting lost in the firing of Juan is the fact the OFFENSE were the reason for the loss! After the Lions drove down for the score, the offense came out passing with like 3 minutes left! Their incompletions stopped the clock for the Lions! They allowed the Lions to preserve their timeouts. Their first two plays of the overtime got Vick sacked and they were pushed inside the 5 yard line. Then they threw it again! The Lions only needed about 20 yards to get into field goal range. Why does Marty still have a job after such a complete and utter failure?
  • I honestly thought Bobby April would have been the first to go.
  • How much bloodshed will be enough for Lurie? How much is it going to take before he sacks up and fires him?
  • I feel bad for Juan. He is a very hard worker and I'm sure wanted nothing more than to be a great defensive coordinator for this team. The problem is that Reid should have realized that you can't jump from o-line and be a succesful defensive coordinator in a 1.5 years. We lost a great person and coach today.

On the other side I do feel he should have been removed as d-coord. If you can't call one play in three weeks that frees up a defender to sack the quarterback you shouldn't be a defensive coordinator in this league.
  • I feel bad for Juan, but Reid is the problem. He made the arrogant choice, thinking he's smarter than traditional football.
  • If they do fire him and people ask me sarcastically or otherwise, "Are you happy now?" I'll tell them no. NOT UNTIL THEY WIN A SUPER BOWL will I ever be truly happy.
  • I think that should be the only goal. Not making the playoffs. Not making it past the first round which is anassumption that you will be a wild card because if you win the first round you can be playing in the NFC championship. The only question should be what do we need to do to guide this team to a superbowl win. period.
  • If its sacking the QB , OC, HC then goddamn do it
  • I know Juan is gone but how will that make us a better team. reid needs to explain.
  • I agree. It's the same system! Tod Bowles is still using the Wide 9. He will be calling the same plays. A classic case of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
  • But more importantly this is a decision that effects the customers, eagle fans and they deserve honesty. Even though green never believes me, and i havent figured that out, Juan was a key component of the Eagle D. We know some of his flaws but I would like to know what conclusions Reid came too that led ro his decision. Enlighten the fans.
  • Nnamdi came out in public and ripped his coach. The bottom line is it doesn't matter. Same system. Same play calls. The idea of Bowles being an upgrade isn't going to be that big of an adjustment. Besides if the offense is still turning the ball over this much and pacing the defense in bad situations it wont matter who the defensive coordinator is.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• I'm not disagreeing with that argument. Just pointing out the fact Juan still deserved to be fired. In fact nothing will change so long as Vick continues to nonchalantly give the ball to the other team. I think Vick is going to be benched.
  • The Eagles D dominated the first 3 quarters consistently for the last year and a half. It's the defensive coordinators responsibility to finish the game in the 4th quarter. Blown 4th quarter lead after blown 4th quarter lead is why juan got canned.
  • The offense for missing for 3 quarters plus overtime and for most of the season as well. How does Marty still have a job?

show comment

• Lol Romo, funny schit man. Looks like the Andy Reid honeymoon is gonna be over soon.
  • OOOOOOHHHH! Guess I should be scared Romo...hell, fartsmella couldn't find her feet if she looked down.
  • I love how easy it is to tweak fartsmella's nose and make her whine like a baby, it's so easy it's pathetic. But onto another MORE IMPORTANT topic, I'll make a guarantee for all the eagle fans out there....I GUARANTEE you will not lose this weekend.

show comment

• LOL! You just never change, do you? I knew you couldn't stay under your bridge for too long.
  • What's up Romo, I'll wait before I get too excited about my GMen, you know how the NFL can be. As far as the Yankees, they didn't deserve to advance the way they hit. Had they hit as well as they pitched,(except game 4), they would have gone to the World Series for sure. As far as birdflipper being rustynail, that's news to me. But not until you just posted your response did I put 2 and 2 together and realized you are probably right about fartsmella being greentildeath. This loser always accuses others of multiple ID's when she in fact probably has at least one. I have always said, I don't need multi ID's, I don't get the need for them, in fact it's almost kinda creepy to think about and I'm not going there. I can put morons in their place quite nicely with just one ID. If I can't say what needs to be said on my one ID what good is a second one. Everything fartsmella posts are the rambling inane comments of a superior loser. Take it slow bro and enjoy the games this weekend. My guys will need to be on their A game against RG3, that dude is the real deal.
  • I only have one ID myself gr but it's not to put "morons" in their place because that is not why I come on here unlike you who feels the need to belittle barkers who just come here to discuss the football team they root for. What is that all about anyway? Miss the old days of being the classroom bully and this is how you now choose to bring back your youth or better yet maybe you were bullied yourself and this is the way you decide to make yourself feel better...trying to flex your muscles on an internet site? I honsetly don't know why I bother with slugs like you and romorules. Call yourself fans but the enjoyment of watching your teams and discussing it like human beings just isn't enough for either of you. Have to come on some website and start calling people you'll never meet names...what a man you are!
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wow, Spotella...good catch! I started typing to you yesterday (but changed my mind) about how I wasn't sure until recently whether giantsrepeat was romorules but now that you pointed that little brainfart out that he had I'm certain he is. I also noticed that he is starting to follow himself very quickly with insults towards you with those 2 IDs which is classic romorules. Yardbarker deleted many of his IDs and he slowed down a little bit and was somewhat apologetic but I knew he'd be back. It's what he's all about and he can't help himself. He's a trolling addict! I'm pretty sure he has friends in high places around here and I have questioned some mods and never got any denials. It honestly took quite a while before I even got any replies but after some prodding they finally started doing something about his many IDs...unfortunately I knew it wouldn't last. Yardbarker doesn't give a damn about us...they have proven that over and over.
  • BOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!Another dilusional barker, there's no end to the pathetic opinions on here. And if it really bothers any of you, you have serious mental problems. But I love it cause I find mental midgets amusing. If any of you were detectives you'd have been fired a long time ago. Hilarious schit! But take heart for at least this week, at least your team can't lose.BAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! OH and greentildeath, if I insult fartsmella it's because she deserves it and for no other reason. But that's ok if you want to be lead around by the nose by her, I've met lots of people who have no self respect."
  • P.S. Did I tell you guys that the iggles will NEVER win a Super Bowl?....EVER!!!!
  • Doesn't take much to get a rise out of you, does it? I'd like to type that you won me a bet on here with another barker but just like your claim about your bet we'd both know it was nothing but BS! By the way, this reply of yours proved to me that you can't be romorules...pretty sure he knows how to spell delusional...yeah, we're mental midgets. LOL! Why does Spotella deserve to to be insulted? Because she thinks you may be romorules because you both troll this yard with your childish insults and generic rips on Eagle fans? Maybe you are too different people but you are one of a kind...and that isn't anything to be proud of.
  • Thank you teacher, oh no, guess I was put in my place for spelling a word wrong on a sports blog site. BAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAA, what a joke. And that wasn't getting a rise out of me, it was stating simple fact. I just find most of you on here amusing, so keep the chuckles coming, it's always appreciated because I love to laugh.

"Vick takes the snap from center....rolls right....now left....pump fakes, pulls it down now tries to run....OH NOOOO he's hit and the ball comes out AGAIN....another fumble lost by Michael Vick......" Have a nice weekend greentildeath, fartsmella, whoever you are, but remember to keep the chuckles coming. And try not to be so,(now let me make sure I get this right),delusional.
  • Teacher?...really going to pull that one out? Just someone who thinks that if you want to play the "I'm smarter than you angle" you may want to know how to spell a little bit.
  • The response from fartsmella below is what I mean about being amused on this site, funny funny stuff. Never heard a bigger bunch of crapola in my life. My mother is still alive...I never lived in New Jersey, did have an aunt and uncle that did a long time ago when I was growing up in New York. Thanks fartsmella, that was hilarious you delusional swine. (I made sure I spelled it right for you this time green, wouldn't want you to get upset again. Oh, and make sure you take fartsmella to task for spelling told as 'tole') Enjoy the games this weekend since your iggles can't possibly lose. And another thing that cracks me up is how fartsmella says she ignores me but keeps commenting on things I say on here. The chuckles keep on coming, her nose must be killing her by now.

show comment

• I'm not going to correct Spotella's spelling, gr. She wasn't calling other people mental midgets while misspelling words. I'm quite surprised you let her story get to you so much...after all you were just preaching to me about how Eagle fans shouldn't get bothered but the crap that you type. I read her story about you but all I took it as was exactly what romorules does to her (and others on here)...she made up a story and posted it as a shot at you. She seems to think you are romorules and honestly with good reason. You call her the same names, you compliment romorules quite often when he posts (a classic romorules multi ID characteristic) and you rip Eagle fans just for being fans. Honest mistake in my opinion.

show comment

show comment

show comment

• Romo, I hear ya my friend. What they don't realize is that I get along with you in spite of the fact that you're a Cowboys fan. I respect what the Cowboys franchise has accomplished in the history of the NFL, 5 Super Bowl Championships is second only to the Steelers all time,(the real team in the NFL in PA), and is to be respected. Iggles fans can't stand the fact that they have Never won a SB and NEVER will because of Bad Karma. The ONLY team in the NFC East that has NEVER gotten it done. Maybe if the FO fires that tub o goo that coaches them they might get closer. But they're too stupid to realize that if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will. And as far as green saying fartsmella gets to me, that's another hilarious delusion,(see I'm a great student), I only find her lies and rants to be amusing. And when he brought up how I called her a name, you'll notice she is the only one I do that to because she deserves it. Now she claims I'm infatuated with her, BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA ;-) If I'm infatuated with her then I must be infatuated with losers. Like I keep saying, I just love all the chuckles she's good for when she fires up the Lie Machine. Maybe she should start up a new ID and call it the 'thefabricatorqueen'.
  • anyone know where flip is hiding?

show comment

• So in other words he's hiding.

show comment

show comment

show comment

• hey romo how goes it?

show comment

• Good . Just as a favor stick alittle more to football. You have some good insight. What do myou think of cowboys so far? Can they heit a different gear?

show comment

• So let's see. I was a great poster (one of the best according to you...LOL) and you could tell I wasn't a multi until I called you out and then I was Eazy, GC, etc, etc, etc. Now you are playing nice and kissing Eazy's ass after years of making claims about him and I am still a multi (and of course Spotella and I are the same because we agree that you are trash) because I refuse to just sit back when you start your crap (it's hard to not notice you when the insult throwing romorules starts taking over for the ass kissing one). You honestly just can't help yourself, can you?

show comment

• I'm making a fool out of myself from the man who admitted to making up another ID (baldeagle) to flirt with other men on here (one that had over 30 fans)? A man who also admitted he was the ID (bowlbound) who according to other barkers stalked a woman on here until she couldn't take it anymore and she left? Yeah, buddy...I'M making a fool out of myself. LOL.
  • FLASH BULLETIN TO ALL BARKERS:
    This is a sports blog site, so if your'e thin skinned and can't take a jab now and again,(ahem, fartsmella), then get the helll off the site. There's always gonna be some trash talking on a site like this, that's what it's for, ever seen some of the stuff posted on ESPN, Fox Sports etc, WOW!!? We all wrestle with the challenges of life in general, so posting on here is an outlet just like watching a sporting event is. So if it's too hot in the kitchen then just leave. But making up outlandish BS stories about others on here,(ahem, fartsmella), that you have never met and never will is just childish, sad and yes....delusional. If someone wants to take me to task on something that's fine, I'm a full grown man who can take it and laugh it off, and if necessary lock and load on your asss, or simply ignore your c r a p. If anyone on here can't do that then you have problems and maybe this isn't for you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

(THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE YARDBARKER INTERNET SPORTS SERVICE...HAD THIS BEEN A REAL SPORTS EMERGENCY YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO YOUR LOCAL MEDIA STATIONS FOR FURTHER NEWS AND INSTRUCTIONS)
    Now Go Forth And Bark.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Angels ace carted off with injury

Lester unlikely to return to Boston

Steelers RBs arrested together

Report: Suns looking to trade Eric Bledsoe

No evidence of cancer in Jim Kelly

Best gift ever given for a jersey number?

Kent State center dies unexpectedly

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.