December 30, 2013

I Thought McCoy Couldn't Do It With Foles As QB?

Let's recap here. Shady wins the rushing title, breaks the Eagles all time season rushing record, becomes the first Eagle in what seems like ages to lead the league in rushing, and breaks Westbrook's Eagle record for most total yards. None of this was supposed to be possible without Shady having a mobile QB. Chip Kelly's offense was supposed to be incapable of running without one. Then something happened. Chip adjusted his system for the players he has just like he said he would. McCoy, Brown, and Polk all became better runners, and the Eagles now have the best rushing attack in the league.

5 Comments:
  • It's scary to think what this team will be able to accomplish once Kelly gets more of his guys in here. So many records broken with players who supposedly do not fit his offense. That was with the fact the Eagles last coach was supposed to be an offensive genius. Any Eagles fan still unhappy with our coach or our QB isn't really an Eagles fan.
  • McCoy is the best back in the league. My bad. But we havent gone against some elite defenses. I think Foles limitations might appear in those games. We best grab that Lombardi now because the opportunity wont get any easier. we have a great path this year and a healthy squad. Depth and injuries matter. Our team lacks depth and injuries. Weve been lucky. that is one benefit of a young squad.
  • I don't think it's a coincidence that this team is healthier with Kelly as the coach. Reid fed these guys pizza and cheese steaks. They broke down all the time. Kelly feeds them protein shakes. This is the healthiest the team has been in years. Something I noticed in the Cowboys game was ho the Cowboys defenders were dripping with sweat, while Brown and McCoy were sitting on the sidelines with dry Jerseys. The conditioning of the Eagles is off the charts.
  • That is a good observation. Sometimes you turn your head and they are lining up for another play. It is impressive from that standpoint. Curious thing is fans from other teams like the eagles style. Ive heard alot of people here say they like how the Eagles play. I never thoght they would interest me without the running QB but they are fun to watch. Some games are just a complete bore.
  • People just imagine Nick Foles has speed of cam newton and strong arm,in this system. This offense would be unstoppable,but foles is a excellent game manager---I would not surprise at all,all the top defense's fronts foles,has computed,the eagles make long playoff run in the playoffs--with those three running backs,shady,brown and polk---and draft another weapon at wide recver this year. win or lose excellent season for eagles!!!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

NFL coaches on the hot seat in 2014

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

Best NFL player at every number

NFL cheerleader calendar blowout

NFL teams with best homefield advantage

Gallery: The best of Hannah Ferguson

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.