September 05, 2013

I Thought The Ravens Didn't Have Any Problems.

What is happening Wood? I thought the Ravens were perfect? Didn't you say they were numer one in all the polls? How could a team that has no problems have blocked punts, players running into each other on fair catches, a coach not throwing the flag on an obvious call and that so called revamped defense getting torched? What is happening Wood? Why is your perfect team getting smoked by Peyton Manning? 5 Passing touchdowns by the third? What is this Madden Football? What's up with Dwight Clark pretending to be hurt on that William Moore hit? Man they sure don't look like a perfect team to me right now? Well maybe they have a comeback in them with their 100 million dollar man. If he's going to be paid like he's elite then he better start acting like it.

39 Comments:
  • Its the first game of the season against a team that everyone is picking to be in the superbowl. I knew threavens wouldnt cover when I heaerd the spread was 71/2. Only 15 games to go. Should they panic?
  • Uh Yeah!
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Just a little friendly needling to one of these guys who believe that their other teams are the greatest while they constantly do nothing buy rip the Eagles. There's a couple of guys like that on this site. So they should get the equal amount of being put in their place.
  • He can't help but to be who he is. It's almost impossible to admit he was wrong on something. He would rather ignore the topic or change the subject. If you really want to get rid of him just ask him a question he's too afraid to answer. He will go running like you had the plague.
  • I had a feeling you would post something about the Ravens "little hiccup". Glad you didn't disappoint me. Lol. He and flip are so delusional that they insist on taking what they see as a victory out of every outcome. Did you see their discussion about how they were right about Kelly choosing Vick over Foles? I guess they (flip mainly) forgot that our argument wasn't that we thought that Kelly would choose Foles...it simply was that we believed that Kelly's competition was truly a competition and that Vick had to win it...and we both admitted that Vick did do that...the vain and egotistical flip still has to try and twist that as him being right. As for hollywood and those Ravens...his excuse that he needn't worry because it was the Broncos is weak...losing is one thing...getting destroyed is another. Not only that they got a little more banged up in the process. Repeat looks to be slipping away after week one.
  • If the Eagles had a superbowl I would understand your insults towards he Ravens. But the Eagles havent accomplished anything. The Ravens get respect in this league while our team is laughed at. I find it really weird how you can question a loss from last seasons superbowl champs and act as if the season is over for them. If it wasnt for the rotten Oriole owner that game would have been played in Balto and things may have turned out different. Not only that the ravens sideline communication was inexcusabley cut off at a key moment during the game. The Broncos should be fined for nothing short of cheating.
  • What insults towards the Ravens? The comments were directed at you and not the team you claimed to hate in the past and now make excuses for. I didn't insult the Ravens...I just think they aren't the same team that won a championship last year and told you that after they lost so many players that helped them win it all last year. I find it really "weird" that after all your lame shots at people on this site you get so upset when people give it back to you.
  • First of all the Ravens arenyt my team but I live here and have seen two superbowl wins in 14 years. Have you seen any in Philly? That aside, no team is the same as last year. But the Ravens have proven they are capable of turning things around and i think they will have their moments this year. 1st week GTD.
  • Chill out, RavenEagle.
  • How can you tell us you aren't a Ravens fan when your name used to be Raveneagle? The Raven part was always first. Look how quickly he came on here to defend the Ravens AS A WHOLE. Has he ever defended the Eagles on anything? Seems pretty fraudulent to me.
  • I haven't seen their discussions, because I see no point in looking over information that I can't comment on, because the OP is too soft in the britches to handle conflict. I don't play ball with softies who take their ball and go home, because they didn't get picked to play the game.
  • Imagine what he's gonna do vs our secondary.
  • I had an earlier convo with GG on that issue. Just look at all of the quarterbacks we face next season. It could get ugly.
  • Manning should have a huge day against the Eagles secondary. I had secondary help much earlier in my mocks than the 5th round...even as early as the second round. Hopefully Earl Wolff develops and Chung can step up and show why he was an early pick by the Patriots...after watching the corners the Eagles will probably need to replace both starters eventually. Secondary help will be a need right after they draft a QB next year.
  • It's kind of sad that we are all hoping a 5th round pick can beat out a former 2nd round pick. It just shows how bad the Eagles have drafted the past like 6 years on defense. The last impact defender we have selected was Trent Cole and he was a late round pick too.
  • I agree EZ. And Im glad you are finally paying more attention to the biggest problem on this team. A defense riddled with average role players masquerading as a defense trying to compete. DRC had an excellent game vs Ravens. Its players like that we should have cultivated rather than unload when it became an issue of money. This organization has no vision right now. They are selling gimmicks on defense and have no substantial investment in it. The defense will get gashed again. The only question is will Vick be able to score enough.
  • Will VICK be able to score enough? You act like it's all Vick until HE struggles and then you make up excuses for him. What "gimmicks" are the Esgles trying to sell on defense? Like I stated before...delusional.
  • I have made several articles on all of the problems with the Eagles. It's just people who are overly apologetic to one of those problems (Mike Vick) get bent out of shape when I write an article about what he's do e. I'm unbiased though. I will give Vick his props when he deserves them and I will be critical of him when he deserves that too. I don't have any sacred cows or have you forgotten?
  • Dude has given more praise to the Cowboys than he ever has to the Eagles.
  • hmmm. Everybody look what spot thinks. Dont forget this!
  • All I can type is...WOW! Hard not to too excited with how Vick and the offense look right now. Still going to keep myself grounded. The defense is also looking incredible but how much of that is Griffin's and the Redskins' rust?
  • Maybe. But SPOT come out of hiding. Everone look up and read spots panicked post. LMFAO
  • A win is a win, although it seemed the offense took their foot off the gas in the second half as well as the defense. I saw way too much of Casey Mathews in the third quarter. I think Chip must have thought he was playing a cupcake. This is the NFL and he needs to learn teams can comeback.
  • Tiring out the defense is part of Kelly's game, Spotella and honestly I blame McCoy's route partly on that turnover (besides it was a forward pass that the officials got wrong and may have been too close to overturn). I'm still not chomping down on the bait (Vick already looks hurt) but I have to admit it was fun to watch in the first half.

Eazy, I think part of that was because Vick was somewhat ineffective because of an injury...we'll see what happens.
  • You can't blame Vick for that turnover. The defensive guy made a good play and like green wrote it was a forward pass that was too close to change. Now some of those hits Vick took were completely on himself. The play where he knocked down the entire sideline was stupid. He should have just thrown that ball away. The play he got hurt on I believe was that 30 yard scamper. He should have went out of bounds, but instead he got rolled all over by cheap shot Hall. Mike isn't going to last making plays like that. He needs to learn to preserve his body, but he still doesn't get it.
  • McCoy had the whole right side of the field alone. had he run a simple curl pattern its a touchdown. Fos some reason McCoy thought the sideline was the endzone. Give it up spot.
  • I know you directed this at Eazy so I hope you don't mind that I jump in. I would love to see a different QB in Eagles green, Spotella but I'm not going to look for things to complain about. The pass looked forward to me right away and I saw nothing in the replays that changed my mind and most viewers (media and fans) agree that it was forward pass. Regardless, it wasn't like it was a horrible play on Vick's part. Good push by a defender, somewhat poorly run route that had a little to do with where the defender was and Vick was feeling some pressure...it was frustrating but nothing more.

As for the players conditioning it sounds like Kelly has done wonders in getting these guys ready but with what his offense entails I'm still not surprised that both teams were getting extremely winded out there. It was the first game and I would think as it goes on the Eagles will at least know what they need to do to stay a little fresher...a lot of that will be on Kelly and getting his guys a breather themselves by subbing in from time to time.
  • Sorry Spots my I flagged you by accident. As far as the conditioning goes I think
    you should consider a few things. First they haven't played a full game at this pace up
    until Monday Night. The Redskins were so inept that first half that the Eagles couldn't get
    a rest offensively. Look at their numbers. In essence the Eagles played a full game in a half of game work. I don't forsee that happening again as they will be playing against some talented
    quarterbacks and teams capable of controlling the football. I feel that both halves of the game
    were lopsided and eventually it will all play out to be closer to a norm.
  • Spots I get your ill will towards Vick, but the reality is he's our quarterback right now. As you know I am more than willing to give Vick his share of criticism and you know I'm not the one to be making excuses for him. With that being the case there are things I can absolutely blame on Vick (like his very dumb decision to run out of bound, take an 8 yard loss, and get hit hit by both the defender and half of the Redskin sideline), but as far as the fumble goes I think in my opinion there were too many factors in that play to place the blame solely on Vick. I know seeing Mike make a turnover (especially one in the red zone and leads to a score for the defense) can be an all too reoccurring frustrating situation, but this was in my opinion one of those few times I can't put it all on Vick. This doesn't change my opinion of Vick, and I don't expect it to change yours. History tells me he's going to find himself watching games rather than playing because of his knack for taking unnecessary hits.

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.