May 11, 2013

I'M NOT ON VACATION.

AT least once a day I pop in to see what's what in the Yard. I'm not on vacation, or hiatus, or anything like that. Recently I've been laying off of talking about the Eagles for a while. Since I've recently been cast in the role of party pooper, or doom and gloom expert, I figured I'd lay off and let all the rah-rah-rah rain down. Heck, maybe I'd even get caught up in it.

Instead what happened is this place went dead when I went quiet. This version of the Eagles just doesn't inspire fans. Even when you go and look at the polls on the Eagles website, what you see is a lot of lukewarm enthusiasm. And that site has WAAAAAAAAYYYY more people on it than the Yard does. But folks just don't seem to be jacked up at all.

I honestly think it was a situation where some people had gotten so used to arguing with me, that they automatically would default to taking the opposite stance of anything I was critical of. The problem with that is, once I stopped talking, those same points became harder to be enthusiastic about. Maybe even impossible to be enthusiastic about. 

It's a situation where I basically WAS this page. People came here for the express purpose of taking a shot at the champ in all Eagles related matters. However, once I began sticking to Raiders content (and the Raiders had a strong Draft, that was beyond any sane level of criticism), there was nothing to come at me over. So everybody shut up. 

I'm going to hold out talking about the Eagles for a little bit longer. I still want to see if there was ever any REAL enthusiasm out there, or if it was all just a bunch of guys who were just out to argue.

6 Comments:
  • Get off your high horse already, flip. As for me, not commenting here too often lately has been more of me just getting bored with this site as a whole and has little to do with you (I only type little because you are one of the biggest posters on here). Do you get that we obviously root more as fans outside of this website than on it or does this site consume so much of your life you have lost sight of that? I will never stop rooting on the Eagles even though eventually I will stop coming to this somewhat dead site all together. My disagreeing with you at times was because some (many honestly) of your viewpoints are biased and EXTREMELY disagreeable to me and had nothing to do with the delusional way you look at yourself on here. In my opinion most of the respect you had on here went out the window with your tantrum a couple years ago and your TOTALLY biased opinions on your two teams this year and how you have strangely judged two somewhat similar teams struggling to right themsleves (any respect I had for you did anyway). I didn't disagree with everything you typed about the Eagles! I questioned how you could feel Geno Smith would have been a good pick at 3 as an insurance policy for the Raiders yet would have been a HORRIBLE pick for the Eagles at 4 even though they have a huge questionmark at QB. I questioned how you could think the Raiders were making GREAT trades by getting little value for a QB they gave up so much for and ripping the Eagles for standing pat even though the Eagles were making minor moves themselves or at least trying to. Almost everything thge Raiders did was a great move in your mind and I would have left that alone but you had to also let us know that you also thought just about everything the Eagles did (and didn't do) was a bad move. NO ONE else that replied back to you saw it that way at all so unless you've also gotten paranoid and think we were all out to get you I think there has to be something there. You showed us how biased you were against Kelly right from the get go by questioning how he wasn't getting enough messages out to his players even though the CBA limits that. You obviously know schemes, systems and plays but that does nothing for me on an website based on opinions especially when you can't objectively look at all things surrounding your teams (hollywood isn't taken seriously...why should that stop with you when you are typing your totally biased and distorted opinions). You've lost it flip and I'm not the first one that's typed that to you. I actually do come here still and quickly scan over what has been typed to see if anything moves me to type and up until now nothing has since the draft. I was on here until the draft was over and had my say and now come the OTAs and with Kelly we don't even get to follow how things are going that closely. There is going to be downtime between now and camp besides the OTAs and we will know little until then but just because I may not be on yardbarker every day that doesn't mean I'm not soaking up everything I can on the Eagles (I hear plenty of people calling WIP that are excited about the change in Philly...the Phillies certainly aren't making anyone forget about the Eagles but during the offseason of course the enthusiasm isn't going to be the same)...it just means I choose not to waste as much time on a site that honestly is simply drying up. I guess you and kellyscott just don't move me enough.
  • I copy and pasted both my post and your response into Word and do you know what I found? My post was 308 words, your response was 650. Your response MORE THAN DOUBLED what you responded to, and STILL not a solitary sentence of Eagles football talk. Just more pantie-wringing.

I guess the Eagles just don't move you enough.
  • Not much going down on yardbarker, flip except you tooting your own horn but we're all used to that by now. At least I'm typing words and not counting them. Keep this in mind although I know you have tried making a career out of your typing on some sites you frequent...Yardbarker is a just a small bit of rooting on the Eagles in MOST our lives...it is in mine anyway. The Eagles move me just fine and always will...yardbarker on the other hand is fading especially now during the off season. You and kellyscott aren't exactly what I call compelling football opinions honestly. Barely anyone else ever shows up anymore...why bother? It's either try to decipher kellyscott and his nonsense or try and discuss football with someone who has proven time and time again that he would rather push his opinions on barkers no matter how idiotic they may be than be open to anyone else's opinions. All this is honestly besides the point...just wanted to tell you that you couldn't be more wrong with why I argue with you at times. It is because some of your points are about as off the wall as hollywood's not because you deem yourself the champ (pay Asomugha 9 million to play safety or let him keep his 15 million to play corner?...signing a top offensive tackle to a nice contract and move him to guard?...thinking the Eagles have a bigger need at guard than tackle even though they have a healthy Mathis at guard and two plus 30 tackles {one who played most his career at guard} coming back from injury this year?) I do get how someone that has such a high opinion of himself and never can be open to a differing opinion can have a hard time understanding that though. Have fun with kellyscott!
  • He has the arrogance of royalty, but the comprehension skills of an amoeba.
  • I think green pretty much summed it up.
  • Sweetie, any summary that is TWICE the size of it's source material is by definition NOT a summary. Perhaps your dictionary is low on batteries?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Final Team USA Basketball roster

HS coach receives racist letter

Report: Machado's season over

Players who'll decide the national title

NFL cheerleader Instagram accounts

Olympian walking again after accident

WATCH: Bucs rookie involved in brawl

Potentially crippling NFL injuries

Manziel fined $12K for middle finger

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.