April 07, 2013

IT CAN'T ALL BE SCHEME.

HERE'S hoping he stays healthy!

Darren McFadden (RunDMC) is himself looking forward to going back to a power running scheme this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158107/article/darren-mcfadden-excited-for-return-of-power-scheme

When he's healthy he's as good as any back in the league. He's an every down player who can break runs and pick up hard yards; pass block and catch passes. The problem with him is you never know how many snaps you get before his year is prematurely over. 

So with that I'm hoping we grab a starting caliber HB. With the way the NFL currently devalues the position, one shouldn't be too hard to come by. 

Scheme and prep is important, but at some point you need top shelf talent to get you top shelf results.

7 Comments:
  • When healthy he's as good any back in the league? Maybe to a person with comprehension problems he is.
  • They need to put him in space,with zone blocking system,and limit his touches to 15-20 a game. get some good wide recievers,and defense help in back end---Give pryor shot at qb,h is big and can play--he need's reps
  • Still looking for a RB in this Draft!

Rashad Jennings has been an able "spot guy" and fill in to this point, but nothing about him says he can be THE GUY at RB.

On my Draft Wish List the guy I had my eye on for THIS team has a 7th round grade on him, but since they aren't anywhere NEAR that list, they may as well deviate, and address what has been a concern for us fans for a couple years now.
  • Check out this link (NFL.com) to see what prospects are left. They have Joseph Randle rated as their top running back left with a grade of 80 but I've seen him ranked much lower on other websites partially due to poor testing at the combine and lack of top end speed. Seems like he did it where it counts though...on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker/by-round#dt-tabs:dt-by-position
  • He sounds like a smaller version of Jennings. Between this guy and the guy we actually got, I'm still shrugging my shoulders.

I like the TE's we got, but I question the reasoning considering that we already have 3 on the roster. Also I think someone didn't do their homework, because as the Draft has progressed I think the Eagles have begun to signal that Brent Celek can be had.
  • We'll see what happens with Celek. I don't think we can take anything for granted when it comes to Kelly.

Joseph Randle went to Dallas who got a B+ for the pick on one website that I frequent...I wasn't watching the draft when he was picked so I don't know what the "experts" think.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

MLB managers on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.