October 21, 2013

It was the worst the offense looked all season

Thats right the worst.  Throw those crappy stats out.  Lets just talk about what we SAW with our own two eyes.   A QB that looked fresh out of college running scared , throwing all over the place, making no decisions and having lost this game on his own .  The team did everything to support this stiff and he crapped all over his team.  he decided to stink the joint up in maybe the msot iomportant Eagle game in three years.  Thats right  it was his moment to to step up and make a statement and he did.  He said to one and all I stink.    Now you know what you have a guy that crumbles when saked to step up.  It couldnt have been a more tailored made moment for Foles.  It was with design that this organization gave him the opportunity and he just crapped it up.   You can bet the Foles talkers will be silenced.  Vick will permanently be back in the starters saddle and Foles will quietly go away.   This so called battle ended weeks ago and now its time to bury it.

21 Comments:
  • Yes it was without a doubt. It was as if the coach wanted to prove his offense couldn't work unless he had a running QB. It was a pathetic display of football. No way around it. The best player on the Eagles was the punter.
  • The defense played well and the OLine gave him plenty of time. WR were open and he missed. It was Foles loss plain and simple. Quit trying to act like the team failed him. He failed the team.
  • Foles was bad in this game. There is no denying it, but his coach did him no favors and his receivers when he did hit them dropped so many balls. How many Red Zone drops does Celek need to have before he gets replaced? Dude is killing this football team.
  • It is weird right. Almost like Chip hated to see Foles play well.
  • Chip did his quarterback and runningback no favors in this game. He set them up to fail.
  • The most important game of the last 3 years was where Mike Vick threw an interception trying to get the ball to Riley Cooper against Green Bay in the playoffs (and it wasn't like it was a desperation throw on 4th down or anything). Let's not get carried away Mr. Exaggeration. No question the offense looked bad but it looked bad enough for you to make claims that the NFL and the Eagles were trying to get Mike Vick hurt last year...let's not lose long term site while you're trying to prove a point. The Eagles QB of the future is probably not on this roster...quite a few if us have been typing that for a while now.
  • It's clear now that if Kelly wants to run the option offense he will need an option QB, but I wonder how long he can continue to run such plays in the NFL or if it will ever be successfully maintained. It seems that Kelly has no plans to alter his offense or defense to set the skills of the players he has. Kelly is trying to fit square pegs into round holes and he isn't trying to at least file them down so they work better. Kelly isn't going to win unless he gets the exact pieces to run this offense.
  • Part of the reason I haven't gotten overly excited over what Foles was doing the last two weeks and was the main reason I thought Vick was the front runner in preseason, Eazy. I truly think Kelly wants to use his whole play book and why wouldn't he...it's what has made him so desirable to NFL teams. I just hoped somehow Vick's true self would surface early enough and Foles could play well enough to make Kelly choose Foles. I'd still rather see Foles this weekend if he was healthy but admit Kelly and Foles made that chance almost impossible. It will be more of the same crap we've been fed for the last two years. Vick may kick it up a notch for a fame or two but he'll be back to the same mistake prone player we all have grown to love in no time.
  • I would rather see Foles, but he isn't healthy. I doubt he could stay healthy enough to run this offense either. It seems this team still has too many players who need to be handled with care, because they are too fragile. The Eagles have to stop trying to rely on players who can't stay on the field. They signed Chung and what was his biggest problem in NE? He couldn't stay healthy. The same goes for Phillips from the midgets. Maclin always seems to have health issues. Vick can never stay healthy, and now back to back seasons of injuries for Foles. Casey can't get healthy. Polk had shoulder issues in college. It's the reason why he wasn't drafted and now he can't play. Injuries are a part of the game, but it seems like many of the guys they counted on to do a lot of things for them have bowed out. They are fortunate (or depending on your prospective unfortunate) to be 3-4.
  • Eagles need to be 100% certain Foles isn't the answer before they draft another QB. No reason to let this guy get picked up by another team as a FA and become a starter.
  • No way Foles gets cut, but it seems they don't want to build the offense around him.
  • Well no. I don't think he get's cut either, but if they Draft a QB next season it means Foles sits behind the starting guy next year. Which means Foles becomes a FA in 2015. Most likely will be a very sought after FA and will eventually win a starting Job somewhere the way he is playing.

Maybe even for a City that isn't so freaking impatient and let's him play w/ out taking him out after 1 bad game.
  • They would trade him away before letting him go. I don't mind them getting another guy as long as he's better than what they have. That's been the problem for sometime now. The replacement guy hasn't been better than the previous guy.
  • Foles makes it as a backup nothing more. He isnt even as good as the Tannehills or Wheedens. So Im not sure why you think someone would seek him out over lets say jay cutler. You either work for the Eagles and come here and overestimate his talent or you just cant judge talent at all. He is average .
  • Today was the worst the offense looked all season. Mike Vick didn't look like a passer today. Barkley looked like a lost rookie. Foles is injured again. The Eagles are clearly lacking at the quarterback position.
  • This may sound crazy but i would cut Vick and bring in Vince Young. We need a strter that can stay upright and its not Foles , barkley or vick. i guess in a strange way everyone has been vindicated.
  • I feel no vindication. I'm not happy that we don't have a future at the QB position. I wish someone could have stepped up, but none of them did. It's a terrible place to be. Like being in the ocean without sails, a motor or paddles.
  • Dude, to declare Foles a backup this soon is Retarded with a capital. R!! Vick clearly sucks, Barkley has looked horrible in 2 straight weeks. Our biggest hope is Foles.
    Foles has had 1 bad game! Its now time to hand him the keys to the ship and. Call it a season.
    Vick proved what he always was, a turnover, short, unable to see the field, and straight up careless with the football.

No matter what argument you had for Vick or Barkley they went out the window today. ZERO POINTS! Freaking. ZERO! Vick aka turnover QB stunk way worse than Foles did last week. Atleast Foles put points on the board
  • Without his legs Vick is useless. Foles sucks . No matter what you may think he stinks. No one wants him and we arent getting anything for him. so get a grip on his value. Hes got value to you but no one else.
  • Foles choked. End of story. He had his chance and he Kolbed it all up, but I would still play him when he's healthy, because I don't see any of these three QBs taking us anywhere, but maybe we can get some kind of value for Foles. That sad this is this division really stinks so Kelly is going to try and play the best option in his opinion to stay close. That's likely Vick in his mind. Foles is too injury prone to be counted on. What's funny is you after one season with an injury has already declared RG3 injury drone, but Foles has been injured twice in consecutive seasons and you don't think he is? Please stop, because you are placing way too much value on Foles, and frankly he hasn't earned that right.
  • I don't get why Chip has continued to run a read option when it's obvious the option isn't part of the plan with Foles, Barkley or Vick with a bum hammy. In the long run by continuing to do so he hurts Shady, and whoever is playing QB for him at that time. It's not impossible to run the football without the option section. It isn't there to try anyways. How is it slow Peyton Manning can run the Pistol at times, but our guys can't? The reason is play design and solid blocking. Right now for the birds both of these aspects have been poor.

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.