September 17, 2013

IT'S A START!

FULL disclosure: I didn't actually get to watch this last RAIDERS game. That said:

VICTORY! 

Yes, it was just the Jags who at this point are equally as bad with or withoutMJD; but that (for this week and in this case) is beside the point. Last year through penalties, or (early in the year) undisciplined play on Defense, or a lack of cohesion when things got tough, we would have found a way to lose this game. But as I keep saying: Mentally we're pointed in the right direction. 

Today we stand as an 18 point per game team, that leads the NFL in rushing. Who besides me would have given the RAIDERS a chance to be that this early on? I'll tell you who: The RAIDERS organization, the RAIDERS coaching staff, the RAIDERS players, and the RAIDERS Fans.

It's just 1-1 but then, we've only played two games haven't we?

7 Comments:
  • I'm picking the Raiders over the Broncos Raider 75 in my work pool. It's always been a pretty intense rivalry.
  • I won't go quite that far yet! LOL! I think it'll be a more competitive game than most might though especially if we can reach Manning early.
  • With the season ending injury to Bronco's LT Ryan Clady, the odds of us getting to Manning just went UP. The guy they have in that slot has all of SIX NFL starts on his resume and he'll be matched up against: Lamarr Houston. On top of that the guy they signed to be his safety net: Winston Justice.

Anyone expecting the Donkeys to run away with this one,CLEARLY doesn't understand how this game works.
  • I said it to you earlier Flip in the first comment. I think the Raiders are going to upset them. No team is going to go undefeated. I remember the Patriots going into Cleveland in their prime and losing to a mediocre team. They took them lightly. Clady is a huge loss. He protected Manning's blind side. Huge hole to fill. I hope the Raiders beat them. Great tradition in Oakland.
  • I hope so too. In another week I'd ask for some of the EAGLES offensive mojo for the RAIDERS, but I think we in Philly are going to need all of it here this week.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Gronk: 'I'm ready to go' for Week 1

Verlander, Upton nude photos hacked

Blue Jays give Jeter unique farewell gift

Photos: D-Wade and Gabby tie the knot

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.