October 02, 2013

It's Time To Play Vinny Curry.

I'm under no delusions that inverting one player will make this defense suddenly great. The fact is the Eagles have a lot of work to do in order to be better, but when a guy is drafted in the second round and shows flashes of his ability, I think it would be in the best interest of the Eagles to let him play.frankly the Eagles have given more time to players who have actually shown less in games (see Jaiquawn Jarrett) just based on potential. With the defense struggling so much to get a pass rush, the opponent's line right now is in disarray (the midgets just signed Dallas Reynolds), and the fact that right now even the smalles amout of pressure makes Sheli want to throw it to the wrong team just makes it seem like this would be the prefect game to unleash Curry and his pass rush ability. This could be the game that makes or breaks a playoff opportunity for both of these teams. Curry at this point fits a need for this defense. He certainly has to be hungry and the fact he's from the area he most likely will have a lot of friends and family at the game. He also most likely would want to play as hard as he could. Hopefully Chip Kelly doesn't ruin an opportunity to help his struggling defense. This seems to be the best chance for the Eagles to see what Vinny Curry is made of.

3 Comments:
  • I dont know if this is the most glaring issue on the team but I think Eagles will beat the Giants and Coughlin is going to retire at seasons end.
  • I think not having a pass rush is an issue for this defense. The secondary stinks short of Brandon Boykin so these guys need all the help they can get. They can't allow Sheli to just sit in the pocket and pick them apart.
  • Did anybody catch the plays Curry made? He got pressure on a three down line series! Let this kid play!

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.