August 13, 2013

Jeff Lurie- You will never earn your mothers respect

Its time Lurie realizes that no matter how much money he makes no one will ever consider him a legit businessman because he borrowed money against his mothers trust through the bank of boston and pulled a few political sweetheart deals and got himself a NFL franchise. And a brand spankin new stadium. Jeff moms gonna needle him till his dying days that he couldnt have done it without her. He will never earn the respect like a TBoone Pickens or a Warren Buffett. he will be a Steve Forbes. A guy that had his fortune essentially gifted to him. He never broke a sweat. But Jeffrey has the opportunity to shed that image at least with the Eagle fans. Win one superbowl and Jeff sheds that image. He becomes an icon in Philly. I cant imagine that anything could be worth more to him at this point. Hes a mommas boy right now and hes ruining the Eagles. Reach in Jeff and grab that wad of bills and throw down. Your legacy depends on it.

5 Comments:
  • Awwww he has to settle for only being Steve Forbes. As well as being the guy who took a franchise from being almost on welfare to being one of Earth's most financially successful sports franchises.

As far as not earning T.Boone Pickens or Warren Buffett type respect, seriously what sorts franchise owner ever did? Or could? And I'm talking building that rep AFTER to being a sports team owner, not prior.

Lurie's legacy is fine. I'm sure while he's shtupping a woman half his age, he isn't worried that his team hasn't won a Super Bowl. I'm sure while he's bathing in cash, or looking at a ton of business awards, and local kudos from mayors and governors, he's not worried about a Super Bowl. That's a line he drops to fans to keep them buying tickets.

And it works.

Lurie isn't worried about his legacy. You are.
  • I absolutely agree with flip although I'll add that any owner would love to add a Lombardi trophy or five to their legacy. You want to believe in that strange mind of yours that Lurie is looking for respect from legit businessmen and hasn't earned any from his mother and can't admit to yourself that he has to be thrilled with the niche that he has created for himself in his business in the NFL. He hasn't earned YOUR respect but let's be real, Hollywood...he has no clue who you are and never will.
  • I worked for a very large family operated business with a very successful father and three sons vying for the attention and approval of that father. It made for very messy family dynamics. eventually the boys split up and have attempted to make their on way in the world and have had some successes. But they never are able to shake the image that everything was handed to them no matter what they do. And in Luries case could he have done tis without the vast fortune of his mother and I say without even a second thought no.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I wish my mom had it so I could borrow from her rather than a crooked bank. I would think his mom is pretty proud of him. Heck MIT Romney all but told his constituents to borrow from their parents to go to college and I am wiling to bet you voted for him.
  • I didnt vote fo him. he did borrow from a bank. Bank of Boston. But he had that stadium deal secured before the ink dried on that purchase. Of course he would have threatened to move them. Its cronyism at its worst. So the next time you hear that Haliburton and Cheney swung a sweetheart deal remain silent because you could be miscontrued as a hypocrite
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.