April 03, 2014

Jeffrey Lurie hires players associated with gang members. Lurie uses FBI to do human resource job.

Jeffrey Lurie hired DJax so now one must assume the Eagles in some small measure have gang affiliations.  In addition to DJaxs so called connections the Eagles are also guilty of harboring a woman abuser and a racist.   Not to mention various criminials over the years.  I find it scarey that a private company like the Eagles are being afforded services like the FBI.   Isnt that a form of corporate welfare.  Can i call the FBI and ask them to do a free backround check of my employees.  Birdflipper thats the real story the FBI doing dirty work for the Philadelphia Eagles at the taxpayer expense.  please investigate the Eagles because somehow it seems to me like a crime or an invasion of privacy is being committed by the Eagle front office. .   

5 Comments:
  • Hollywood:
    There is nothing illegal or unethical about a private organization/citizen requesting either a Background Check for Employment or Licensing (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/backgroundchk ); or a Criminal History Summary ( http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/faqs).

These services are used by thousand of businesses every day for hiring purposes, and citizens for pretty much the same reason (hiring an au pairs, nannies, house keepers, baby sitters, etc.).

That said I'm pretty sure teams do a MUCH more thorough investigation of athletes they may select in the first round, and even those they may grab lower who exhibit red flags. If DeSean came with that marker there's no way we'd have spent a 2nd rounder on him.

All in all I'm pretty sure that Jackson isn't a gang member, but may have a number of friends who are. If he were the Eagles wouldn't have leaked it, because there's no way for them to shirk culpability.

Those leaks were to do exactly what they did: To allow the idiots among us to feel superior to Jackson when he was released. Notice how he isn't ACTUALLY connected to anything at all? Releasing him WITHOUT this rumor, would have had the smart fans AND the idiots asking questions.

For now it's just smart fans, but if he goes to Washington and puts up 900 and 6 and we fail to make the playoffs, those idiots who are everywhere typing "Trust Chip! F*CK DeSean!" will be looking to fire Kelly this time next year.
  • Of course it was just innuendo & rumors. The Eagles FO is stumbling and bumbling around like a bunch of fools. But for the FBI to do an employment check for an NFL team sounds a little out of the realm of the purpose of the FBI. Its a federal agency which would infer interstate criminal activity. I wonder what stupid ideas the Eagles have up their sleeve for the avalanche of questions all season long. What a bunch of dopes. Plus the Eagle defense still stinks.
  • I have less issue with the FBI investigating individuals for businesses private or otherwise than I do with congress holding session over steroids in baseball. Enemies to the government have proven to be foreign and domestic o if the FBI needs to investigate a threat then so be it, but to see former MLB players taken in front of congress on a perjure witch hunt just feels petty and a complete waste of taxpayer money.
  • I disagree with you. Baseball owners have millions that they can lose because an opponent is on steroids and their players are clean. Steroids have taken over the Dominican Republic and kids are killing themselves taking them to get a big league contract. It's a serious health issue as well as a financial issue in this country and it was addressed properly. Educate yourself before you speak. Class dismissed.
  • Then it is the owners responsibility to police their own league not the government.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

12 managers who are on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

Introducing the scale of NFL sadness

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.