December 03, 2012

JON GRUDEN WON'T BE COMING TO PHILLY.

NICK Foles.

Bryce Brown.

Vinny Curry.

Brandon Graham.

Fletcher Cox.

Dennis Kelly.

The EAGLES have made a commitment to youth, and Gruden is NOTORIOUS for his love of veterans. It was veterans that lead to his Super Bowl win in Tampax Bay, and I cannot BEGIN to tell you how much he LOVED having Rich Gannon as his QB in Oakland throwing passes to the All-World duo of Tim Brown and Jerry Rice.

With Howie Roseman having just signed a four year extension, it'll be in HIS best interest to load this team with HIS guys. That means loading more kids onto the roster. 

And that ain't Gruden's type of party. 

10 Comments:
  • If and I mean IF we bring in a new coach it won't be a veteran with a ring. Roseman considers himself a genius and he will want a guy that he holds some clout over.
  • Exactly. My guess is it would be some college guy. So I'm going to go on record and say it NOW, so no one can say it was never said:

While everyone is currently lamenting Reid, we all actually KNOW that we stand a good chance of winning with him at the helm. This year is the anomaly, not the norm. If we sign some upstart, we could get lucky and see it pay dividends quickly. But if we go out and get teh emotional, quotable guy the fans and media seems to crave, we could be at the bottom of the NFC East for a good long time.

Some of the same people who wanted McNabb gone are now second guessing their happiness at his trade. Those same folks may look back at firing Reid the same way.

I just wanted it to be on record that SOMEONE did make that point and that all of us fans aren't short-sighted.
  • Regardless of what the trade brought in and the struggles the Eagles may face with a new coach sometimes it's just time to move on. It happens on every team with every QB and coach eventually. It was time in 2009 and McNabb's struggles certainly didn't make me feel the Eagles made the wrong decision. Even if Reid got hired and won a Super Bowl in another city I wouldn't sit there and lament what could have been HERE! It's stale, it's stagnant, it's actually getting worse...it's time to move on.
  • Don't know who is unhappy with the McNabb trade other than what the "genius" got in return. The trade wasn't the problem. The problem was the players chosen. Only close minded people who are afraid change are the ones scared to see Reid go (something he deserves) and are lamenting for the days of McNabb. It's quite sad really.
  • I Dont want a college coach. I say WE go with a guy that needs anger management like Marty Schottenheimer. Yea i know he is old so what. But seriously i think The combination between Andy Reid And Marty mortinwig(spell check) is not good for this team anymore. Maybe Sean Payton can still be lured outta NO
  • If Reid is to be fired over a lack of playoff production, I'm thinking Shottenheimer probably isn't the way to go. As far as proven commodities able to get to and win playoff games, the HC market right right now looks like it will consist of Rex Ryan or Norv Turner.

Gruden is out. Cowher is comfy where he is so why would he come here of all places. Brian Billick if you listen sounds like he'd like an opportunity, but he NEVER sounds positive about Philly. I'm thinking he'd politely decline if offered. Of course there's always Steve Spagnuolo, but Lurie isn't into Defensive HC's. They don't do fireworks and fireworks sell tickets even when the team is losing.
  • I have seen Chip Kelly being thrown around alot here. I like the idea of having an high powered offense but not at the expense of the defense. Oregon does good but thats college. This here is the NFL. WE shall see, The anticipation of a new coach will be bitter sweet. I like Andy and will always like Andy, he has done alot for the Philadelphia Eagles and with all the NFC east titles, NFC championship games, and many playoff wins. The only outcome is 1 championship appearance with 0 rings. His time has come. We havent had a record like this in who knows how long. His time is up here in Philly.
  • I agree with you Eagle - I like Andy, but I think the Eagles need some new life to start winning again. Also, I think a new quarterback is needed. Look what Luck & RG3 have done for their teams. They weren't drafted by the best teams, but they've brought a lot of excitement and new life to the Colts & Skins. As an Eagles fan, I want wins, of course, but I miss the excitement of having a quarterback that is fun to watch.
  • That is a very good point 20dawklife, unless of course the giants win again. No way we get one of their coaches. We shall see what happens tho, i think he is a goner without question
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Rice: ‘Actions were totally inexcusable’

Dez upset over teammate's deal?

Johnson pulled out of tourney to hang with Paulina?

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

MLB pitcher charged with sexual assault

Breaking down the NL MVP race

Gallery: The best of July

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.