September 29, 2013

Just Another Philly Fan

Look guys,

I rarely ever post on here. I read through posts and weigh in in my own mind. I hardly ever vent... That being said here's my take.

I'm sitting on my couch watching the press conference with Chip Kelly trying to give a positive out look of our Eagles. The entire time I am yelling at the screen, I am yelling at the reporters asking all the wrong questions, I am yelling about the bland, generic, vanilla responses. I was yelling at the TV screen as the game progressed on and the team progressively played worse and worse. I understand the defense is worn down and the offense had absolutely no where to go with the ball. I understand here I am sitting on my couch, Monday Morning Qb'ing and it's not even Monday yet. The entire time I am sitting there, I'm waiting, waiting for SOMEBODY... ANYBODY... Mike Vick, Shady McCoy, DeMeco Ryans, Trent Cole, friggin' Duce Staley, to grab this team by the face mask and show some damn emotion. Show character, show that being down by 30 some odd points and getting kicked in the teeth is a shitty feeling. I couldn't help but vent to my girlfriend (who is a Dallas fan), who could care less, but none the less, let me vent.

I know that emotion alone doesn't win games. I know that you need talent, you need an excellent game plan, you need execution. Especially when playing Payton Manning. I understand that even if we came in today and were vocal and impressive, we may have not walked away with the W.. But hell, we may have walked away with our heads up and teeth intact.

Some times I can see how Ray Lewis willed his team to the finish line, to the promise land. Hell I know that they were a hell of a team, but they had that critical, on the field 12th man mentality. The mentality that no-one, NO-ONE, will push them over.

Anyway guys, just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt. Just another Philly fan with all the answers

1 Comment:
  • Good thread dude. Philly showed no pride yesterday and it starts with Chip Kelly. He is not an NFL coach. Oakland gave Denver a better game than the Eagles did yesterday. Denver maybe the only team in football with more talent than the Eagles but the Eagles don't have anybody to guide them. It's another season without a Super Bowl in Philly. You guys do make a good cheese steak though. Lol.

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

2013 NFL rookies who could breakout in 2014

Grading college basketball's first-year coaches

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.