April 10, 2013

Just for fun

Thought it would be fun given some after thinking about how the Eagles have missed out in the draft in recent years. Its based off picking a player that I was high on when the draft happened, and fell within 10 picks behind where the Eagles picked (or would have picked). 

thoughts?

6 Comments:
  • This was my final Draft Wish List from last year.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/this_is_it_last_one_i_swear_i_think/10647523

Generally the guys I was hoping they'd draft, were drafted more than 10 spots behind. (Somehow that seems worse to me.)

We grabbed Vinny Curry 16 picks ahead of Russell Wilson. LB Nigel Bradham had a 2nd round grade on him in some of the deeper mocks. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire (and likely won't in Buffalo), but he wasn't picked until the 4th, and turned in a decent first year. Instead of counting it as a blessing and grabbing a second young bookend LB, we got Nick Foles in the 3rd, 17 picks ahead of where Bradham was taken.

Buffalo took WR T.J. Graham (who I was hoping for to handle KR/PR duty) in the 3rd though he had a 6-7th round tag on him. Too rich for my blood. I concede him with no regrets. The most hilarious part is didn't field or return a SINGLE kick of any sort in 2012. That's not so funny, until you realize that Buffalo was worse at returning kicks than the Eagles were last year. Add to that that Graham, during his four year tenure at NC State, finished as the ACC career leader in kickoff return yards.

The big miss of THIS Draft I think will be Jordan Rodgers (Aaron's kid brother). I like what I see in him, like I like what I saw in Russell Wilson last year. If this guy stumbles onto a team and if they don't have a sacred cow at QB (Flacco, Ryan, RG3, Luck, Wilson, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, Manning, Kapernick for example) certain guys (Locker, Gabbert, Freeman, Vick, Tannehill, Sanchez, Palmer, Smith (Alex), Kolb for example) may end up looking over their shoulder quite a bit.
  • With the draft coming on full steam I'm working on my finishing up my draft wish list. Seems like last year you liked Burfict a bit two up until the end. Man I wished we grabbed that guy. I thought'd he'd really be able to bring the fire back to the Eagles D. He just played so angry and he hit people so hard. Off/On field issues or not I was so surprised NO ONE too a chance on him late.

I agree about Baby Rodgers. I think he possesses a lot of this skills his big bro does. He's a little small for my taste and his throws can be a little erratic if he doesn't have the space to step into them. Other shorter guys like Drew Brees have overcome their size with great field vision, something Baby Rod will have to work on but he could get the opportunity like his brother and develop for a few seasons. Either way I'm sure he'll make whoever snatches him up late happy (I can't see the baby brother of AARON RODGERS!!! going undrafted).
  • Yeah somewhere like Tennessee or Cleveland would be WHOA type landing spots for Rodgers. I don't see him coming here if Kelly is truly considering Geno Smith as a guy he'd take at #4. You take a guy that high when he has what you're looking for. You don't reach for a QB at #4 and then don't start him for a guy you grabbed in the 6-7th who doesn't bring those same skills.

I can't see him in Oakland either. We're supposed to be about to sign Seneca Wallace as a 3rd stringer, and it's a little odd that they'd specifically go after a 32 year old scrambler, when there are other guys out there who'd be just as cheap, but would lack that same mobility.

I think it says something about how the offense is to be constructed, and that may (much to my delight) be an edge for Terrelle Pryor in his competition with Matt Flynn. In fact, if the offense DOES favor a mobile QB, does that mean that the Raiders QB competition is as stilted as the Eagles's?
  • Yea I don't think the Eagles will take a shot on him. Just the fact that they already have 5 QBs on the roster tells me they'll only draft one QB, and if they do it'll be earlier rather then later I think.

Plus there's some other players at other positions I would like the Eagles to take chances on that'll all come out when I'm done with my wish list.
  • just for fun...
    Im waiting for the season!
  • dude you are so cool... can I have your autograph?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WATCH: Auburn ball boy's crazy speed

WATCH: See the catch of the year

Rams release Michael Sam

Stephen Hill's agent blames Sanchez, Tebow for release

Beckham injured avoiding paparazzi

Ohio State TE wearing Braxton Miller's number

Bills sign Kyle Orton

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.